ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rob Day
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Willie Nelson Release (nsc) Return to archive
April 9th, 2004 04:51 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Willie Nelson Debuts New Album

TYLER, Texas - Willie Nelson 's new album carries the title "Nacogdoches," but that's about as Texan as it gets.

The country-western star, who became famous with hits such as "Whiskey River" and "On the Road Again," plans to release a disc of jazz songs on April 29.

He made the recordings five years ago at Encore Studios in the historic East Texas town that bears the album's name.

"This is a labor of love that a label probably wouldn't be willing to release," the 70-year-old singer told the Tyler Morning Telegraph in a phone interview for Friday's editions.

The disc will be available exclusively through the Web site www.willienelson.com and at Texas Roadhouse restaurants, a chain sponsoring Nelson's current tour as part of their longtime partnership.

The "Nacogdoches" idea started with a telephone call from mandolin player Paul Buskirk, one of Nelson's earliest mentors and collaborators.

"I was coming in off a tour and Buskirk called me and told me some bad news he'd had and he said he just `felt like picking,'" recalled Nelson. "I went to go back to Nacogdoches from Austin, and Buskirk had put together a bunch of great musicians. We just sat down and started playing."

Tracks on the album include "Corrina, "Deed I Do" and "Stardust."
April 9th, 2004 05:04 PM
Bloozehound Thanks for the info!

I've been hearing this pretty cool new Willie song (I think it's new) on the radio and was wondering we're it was coming from. Something about his wife and he getting tired of each other but she makes the best gravy lol, but it's cool. Has this country shuffle/honky-tonk feel, kinda Waylon sounding. Refreshing when compared to his last outing. I had heard he has a new album coming out, but couldn't find any specifics. Wonder if this song is on there.

April 9th, 2004 06:14 PM
polksalad69 Damn, he's 70!!! He doesn't have any of them pop cuntry stars on the cd does he?