ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rob Day
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sister Morphine 76 & 72 Return to archive
April 8th, 2004 04:36 PM
beggarsbanquet Sister Morphine Handsome Girls is too tinny for my ear. Now they are rereleasing a Paris 1976 that we have and probably not using the 'long' version of Paris 76, and I bet he won't add the alternate tracks from the two other televised versions. More shit we already have.

Where the 1972 release he promised for years? I bet he don't have it just trying to keep us tuned in.

He just wants to rehash what we have for a quick buck. Remaster Handsome Girls? Come on.
April 8th, 2004 05:30 PM
TornAndFrayed I don�t have all SM titles but the ones I do have are so bad that I don�t even put them on my tradelist.
Sister Morphine is a totally irrelevant label.
April 8th, 2004 06:53 PM
cwatts0462
quote:
TornAndFrayed wrote:
I don�t have all SM titles but the ones I do have are so bad that I don�t even put them on my tradelist.
Sister Morphine is a totally irrelevant label.

you are so right
April 8th, 2004 07:02 PM
throbby I don't know about the '76 and '72 shows. What I do know is you'll be hard pressed to find a better version of "Live at Leeds" than the one SM released. Unless of course you have the original master tape the Stones made.

To each ear its own
April 8th, 2004 07:10 PM
Phog Of the six or seven SM titles I have, "Could You Walk On The Water" is the one I wish I wouldn't have purchased. They run a decent, if erratic, shop. Also, they've sent me a couple of freebies, so I won't talk any shit on them. Some people seem to really like what they've done with "Handsome Girls Redux".