ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rob Day
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Who on tour Return to archive
April 8th, 2004 01:10 PM
Hannalee The dates thus far
April 8th, 2004 01:17 PM
Jumping Jack As Pete hinted at in one of his diary entries towards the end of last year the band will indeed be visiting new territories this year. To start with the band will go to japan for the first time, followed by a trip to Australia (their first since 1968) and round that off with a new show on the US west coast in addition to the previously announced show at the Hollywood Bowl.

The itinery is:

July 24 Yokohama Festival, Japan
July 26 Osaka Festival, Japan
July 28 Sydney Entertainment Centre, Australia
July 29 Sydney Entertainment Centre, Australia
July 31 Melbourne Vodaphone Arena, Australia
Aug 1 Melbourne Vodaphone Arena, Australia
Aug 2 Melbourne Vodaphone Arena, Australia
Aug 4 Sydney Entertainment Centre, Australia
Aug 7 Shoreline, San Francisco
Aug 9 Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles

Pete, do the States!!!
April 8th, 2004 02:24 PM
Gimme Shelter I hope they do more dates in the US.
April 8th, 2004 03:46 PM
Joey " I hope they do more dates in the US. "

They will !!!!!!

I have been begging the WebMaster over at www.PeteTownshend.com for more U.S. Dates !

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky T .
April 8th, 2004 10:46 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I hope they do more dates in the US. "

They will !!!!!!

I have been begging the WebMaster over at www.PeteTownshend.com for more U.S. Dates !

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jacky T .

ADMIT IT JOEY, YOU'VE BEEN BEGGING THE WEBMASTER FOR MORE THAN THAT FROM PETE.
April 9th, 2004 07:51 AM
corgi37 Very excited, and very annoyed, because i cant afford to go. When the tickets go on sale, i will be holidaying in Queensland. So i miss out on the "1/2 Who". Bummer. But hey, i get to check out the Queensland final of the Exotic Angels strip comp!! Not a bad consolation. Also, 3 shows in Melbourne might be a bit rich. I only heard 2 announced. With all due respect, and i could be wrong, i just dont think they can fill 3 shows in Melbourne. A lot has changed since 1968 (man).
April 9th, 2004 09:41 AM
Joey " ADMIT IT JOEY, YOU'VE BEEN BEGGING THE WEBMASTER FOR MORE THAN THAT FROM PETE. "

I'll set them up .......................YOU do the Snappers.

Joey McMahon !
April 9th, 2004 10:22 AM
Joey

CORGI :

Please , No Excuses Now -- First Time in Thirty Five Years !

" Australian Dates
Sydney -- ticketmaster7.com or phonecharge 136 100
Melbourne -- ticketek.com or phonecharge 132 849

28 July, 2004 - Sydney Entertainment Centre, Sydney - Internet Pre-Sale 19 Apr 12Noon
Internet Presale info per www.whostouring.com. General public sale 22 April. Only the 28th is listed there so far (08 Apr 14:30ET)
29 July, 2004 - Sydney Entertainment Centre, Sydney
This date is not yet listed (as of 08 Apr 14:30ET) at www.whostouring.com, but IS listed on Pete's site in the news section.
31 July, 2004 - Vodafone Arena, Melborne - Internet Pre-Sale 18 Apr 12Noon
Internet Presale info per www.whostouring.com. General public sale 21 April. Only the 31th is listed there so far (08 Apr 14:30ET)
01 Aug, 2004 - Vodafone Arena, Melborne -
This date is not yet listed (as of 08 Apr 14:30ET) at www.whostouring.com, but IS listed on Pete's site in the news section.
02 Aug, 2004 - Vodafone Arena, Melborne -
04 July, 2004 - Sydney Entertainment Centre, Sydney -
This date is not yet listed (as of 08 Apr 14:30ET) at www.whostouring.com, but IS listed on Pete's site in the news section. "

" STONES RULE ! "

Jersee !
April 9th, 2004 11:03 AM
glencar Isn't that winter time in Oz? Maybe they'll sell out if people have absolutely nothing else to do.
April 9th, 2004 11:04 AM
Joey " Isn't that winter time in Oz? Maybe they'll sell out if people have absolutely nothing else to do. "

April 9th, 2004 09:44 PM
Gazza Joey

How much are the tickets for these 'Oo concerts?

Dont they normally charge something similar to the Stones?
April 10th, 2004 12:23 AM
glencar They should charge 1/10 of whatever the Stones charge. The rules of highway robbery demand nothing more.
April 10th, 2004 02:58 AM
IanBillen
I dont want to be rude and I am the first to say The Who are my second favorite band of all time (behind you know who)
but hasn't it been time it time for them to stop for quite a few years now. I mean, I can't consider them The Who with the replacements. Even if John Entwistle hadn't passed on I would not want to see The Who as a traveling Nostalgia act. That is what has taken place over the past 15 years. No new material at all for like 20 plus years with "Wont Get Fooled Again" as the encore to every live show. That is a little sad. I would even be OK with that if the events of death hadn't recently happend and they made a new album even say every other tour. There was no new studio effort what-so-ever even when he was John Entwistle was still there. Just memory lane shows and live songs like "Twist and Shout" (come-on). The Who were a rough tough raw deal for a long time. Now they have lost so much and never in the past twenty some years when they still could tried to make a new studio album. I will not bad mouth The Who. I can only hope to be as envigored as Roger and Pete are at their age however I prefer to remember them as they were not what they do now. There isn't really a point to it is there?
Ian
April 11th, 2004 11:25 AM
corgi37 Seriously, i am rooted to the ground in despair. I cant go. Cant afford it. Apart from being interstate when tickets go on sale, i cant afford to buy them because i am spending money, guess where?? Yep, interstate. Tickets are $235 for the gold section. That aint bad. Stones last year was $350. Since i have until July (which is tax return time) i might be able to get a ticket from people who have a ticket, but cant go. I would love to see them, but, ya know, its only the 1/2 Who. It would have been cool if they could have made it in 82. Then again during their "come back" tours, and the Tommy tour and maybe Quadraphenia, but now its like the "Rog, its only 2 of us, lets practice in Australia, you know, the fuckers we ignored for 36 years and really cant stand, and make some bucks" tour. Also, there is plenty to do in Oz in winter. Fucking hell, we aint snow bound 35 degrees below. It's footy season, man!
April 12th, 2004 09:38 AM
Joey " Joey

How much are the tickets for these 'Oo concerts?

Dont they normally charge something similar to the Stones? "

Gazza :

" US Tour Dates
US TOUR DATES rumored for announcement SOON?!
Shoreline Amphetheatre Mountainview, CA - Saturday Aug 7, 2004
- Expected onsale date APRIL 12th (not up on Ticketmaster yet as of 04/07 21:00ET)

Hollywood Bowl Los Angeles CA - Aug 9, 2004 - TICKETS ONSALE APRIL 4, 12Noon
TICKETMASTER -- Priced at: $254.00, $179.50, $103.50, $53.50 & $43.50.
stay tuned ... "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ JA JAC JACK JACKY !

April 12th, 2004 03:01 PM
Gazza Thanks Joey - I noticed the prices for the Bowl on ticketmaster. They had the level 3 prices still available in a pretty central location in the venue when i looked yesterday.
April 12th, 2004 04:02 PM
Joey " They had the level 3 prices still available in a pretty central location in the venue when i looked yesterday "

Gazza ....................................

Are you going to the concert ?!?!?!
April 12th, 2004 04:18 PM
Gazza Fuck no! I wish!

2004 is an "off year" tours wise for me after the excesses of 2002-2003. England is about my limit for shows this year! The real world beckons this year as far as money is concerned!

Just was doing some 'research' as I was curious about the prices.
April 12th, 2004 04:25 PM
Joey " 2004 is an "off year" tours wise for me after the excesses of 2002-2003. "

" England is about my limit for shows this year! "

Incredible

" The real world beckons this year as far as money is concerned! "

April 12th, 2004 05:00 PM
Joey " The real world beckons this year as far as money is concerned! "

I hear that Gazza ............................You have no idea what Bushie43 has done to the economy here in the states . Actually , it is the same damn thing his father did twelve years ago .

" The 2004 Election will be a Blow-Out Ronnie ! "

J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jack J - Ja - Jac - Jacky

J. C.

April 13th, 2004 02:03 AM
MarthaMyDear KEITH OR SIR IE? YOU DECIDE!!! lol...... LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:P ON TOPIC!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE!!! HE!!!! ROCK ON, YOU GUYS!!!
*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]