ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rob Day
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Singles Boxed Sets Return to archive
April 7th, 2004 10:20 PM
quackenbush Is anyone going to buy the singles boxed sets that are coming out? If not, why? What would you prefer Abkco to release instead?
April 7th, 2004 10:39 PM
mac_daddy I'm interested in it - when is it being released...

I'd be more into SACD hybrids from the Virgin catalog...
April 7th, 2004 10:48 PM
ResidentMule "Is anyone going to buy the singles boxed sets that are coming out? If not, why? What would you prefer Abkco to release instead?"

I'd like THE STONES to release a new album, I really don't care about Abkco. I still have about half the remasters to catch up on anyway

SACD's of the Virgin catalog would be pretty nice too, in a few years. trying to resell every Stones album in the span of a couple years is overshooting
April 8th, 2004 02:16 AM
exilestones@netscape
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
trying to resell every Stones album in the span of a couple years is overshooting

The time is right for Abkco with the new technology to remaster the old stuff. Then we can buy it at our leasure if we like. I'm excited about getting Got Live EP.
April 8th, 2004 04:53 PM
West 8 Does anyone know how much this set will be??
April 8th, 2004 05:12 PM
Monkey Woman From Amazon.com:

Singles 1963-1965 [LIMITED EDITION] [BOX SET]
Rolling Stones

Price: $59.98

Availability: This item will be released on May 4, 2004.

From Amazon.co.uk:

Singles 1963-1965 - Box Set Volume One [SINGLE] [BOX SET]
The Rolling Stones

Our Price: �39.99

This item will be released on April 26, 2004.