ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rob Day
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Love you Live DVDs - amazing Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 7th, 2004 12:59 PM
Mikey Hey ya,

Courtesy of some folks over at Shidoobie, I received the Love you Live 2 DVD set last week which chronicles the 1976 shows at Les Abattoirs in Paris.

The DVD is the complete Abattoirs show, along with documentary footage. At one point, the documenter asks Keith, "explain how dope is killing you?"

Keith looks at him increduously and says "Dope?! I wish I had some now, I'd love to get high..." Priceless.

April 7th, 2004 01:32 PM
jb
April 7th, 2004 02:18 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Mikey wrote:
At one point, the documenter asks Keith, "explain how dope is killing you?"

Keith looks at him increduously and says "Dope?! I wish I had some now, I'd love to get high..." Priceless.

Yeah - I first HEARD that on a vinyl boot I have called "Have You Seen Keith Standing in the Shadows".

If I recall correctly, Keith is shown taking pills, and says "gotta take me vitamins". And he is so OBVIOUSLY wasted when he says "Dope? I wish I had some now..." that it's hilarious.

Wasn't that immediately after he & Anita lost a child? Must've been a hard time to play a gig.
April 7th, 2004 02:24 PM
jb
April 7th, 2004 02:42 PM
Mikey yea, he's at a mirror getting ready for the show and pops a "vitamin tablet", then a "salt tablet".

He doesn't seem completely out of it, but talks about how the band must be on the road because that's what bands do.

Also interesting is the footage of Bianca guzzling champagne, celebrating she and Mick's 5-year wedding anniversary, while he sits next to her, completely disintersted watching the Munich/St. Etienne soccer match.
April 7th, 2004 02:43 PM
jb
April 7th, 2004 02:48 PM
rocker How can I get a hold of this. I can send DVD-R, and B@P
April 7th, 2004 02:49 PM
jb
April 7th, 2004 03:05 PM
Bob Tamp How is the video and sound quality of this dvd?
April 7th, 2004 03:08 PM
Mikey Video is great, as well is sound. Its not Four Flicks quality of course, but the sound and video quality serve as reasons to watch this over and over, rather than deterring you from doing so.

I'm trying to think of something to compare it to.....
April 7th, 2004 03:08 PM
Jumping Jack The sound is excellent and for 1976 the video is pretty good as well. A lot better than what's been available.
April 7th, 2004 08:16 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Yeah - I first HEARD that on a vinyl boot I have called "Have You Seen Keith Standing in the Shadows".

same here - hilarious

i'd very much like to get a copy of this (the DVD)if that is possible

if anyone can help please pm me and we'll see if we can work anything out for the "quid pro quo"

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
April 7th, 2004 08:42 PM
mac_daddy

I was on the Shidoobee trees, and should be receiving my discs anyday. was anybody else here on that tree?

I'll burn a copy to vine here (if there is interest), but I dont have the time to handle a bunch of B+Ps...

the thing with the vine is that even if you don't burn it, you can still watch it once, and then send it on to the next person. I think the idea would work nicely, but I only had three takers when I offered the two-disc Sarstock (with AC/DC and RUSH) and C*cksucker Blues, so I stopped offering. Like I said, if there is interest, I'll vine this one out...

______

Jumping Jack - are you the same cat as the one @ Doug's board? If so - thanks again for all of these
April 8th, 2004 01:54 AM
hipster73 Count me in..........
April 8th, 2004 01:57 AM
marko Maccy,can u copy it for me?
April 8th, 2004 02:13 AM
exilestones@netscape
I'd be happy to burn a few copies and pass them around (weed/vine) if I get a copy.

quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

I was on the Shidoobee trees, and should be receiving my discs anyday. was anybody else here on that tree?

I'll burn a copy to vine here (if there is interest), but I dont have the time to handle a bunch of B+Ps...

the thing with the vine is that even if you don't burn it, you can still watch it once, and then send it on to the next person. I think the idea would work nicely, but I only had three takers when I offered the two-disc Sarstock (with AC/DC and RUSH) and C*cksucker Blues, so I stopped offering. Like I said, if there is interest, I'll vine this one out...

______

Jumping Jack - are you the same cat as the one @ Doug's board? If so - thanks again for all of these

April 8th, 2004 02:28 AM
gotdablouse Same here, I'm in France.
April 8th, 2004 06:35 AM
BillyBoll I have a copy of this, its with a mate at the moment who was trying to copy it. If I remember rightly there is a bit of a buzz on the sound during parts of the DVD. Is this the same for other people or do I have a dodgy copy?
April 8th, 2004 06:43 AM
Brown Moses Yes,I got my copy from there also but it was before Xmas so I'm not totally sure what version I have.

April 8th, 2004 07:25 AM
TornAndFrayed
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
I'll burn a copy to vine here (if there is interest),

Count me in.
April 8th, 2004 07:56 AM
Brown Moses There is apparantly some buzzing on one of the versions doing the rounds.

I've not played my copy all the way through so not sure if it's on mine.

Anyway,I can't check right now as it's with someone else who is making a copy to vine on a non Stones group although the group has a number of Stones fans on it who have expressed an interest.

MMR will also be vined there from my original silver 4 reel disc.
April 8th, 2004 09:59 AM
Jumping Jack Same person. There was no buzz on the D-Stone version burned for the Shidoobee branches.

Keep checking, there have been many treed, several currently being treed and there are many more that have been seeded and promised to be treed by others.

Many people on this board and others have shared music with me, it is my pleasure to return the favor.

Hope you all enjoy the goodies.
April 8th, 2004 10:04 AM
BillyBoll Bastards. And I stupidly paid good money for that. Count me in on the vine....
April 10th, 2004 07:50 AM
stewed & Keefed Hi Jumping Jack,

Just like to say thanks for all DVDs you treed.

Its a BITCH
April 10th, 2004 12:03 PM
Ctiger2 Count me in for a vine. I am in Minnesota.
April 10th, 2004 12:54 PM
Cardinal Fang I just got a copy of this last night courtesy of "Big Bob" and it is FANTASTIC. The people in Japan who did this remaster knew what they were doing and took their time doing it too. It's in STEREO too !!! I will be watching this again and again all weekend.........and next week.........................and the next week...............have sex and then.............watch it again...................and again................and...........sleep for a few hours........and then..............oh man I just realized, this is EXACTLY the type of stuff Joey steals. [STOP]

I Gotta Bail

Later, :-)
April 10th, 2004 02:52 PM
Bob Tamp my computer isnt working right, and since Matt is no longer with us, I can't burn.
If anyone will take a money order for a copy of this show, let me know. I really really need it.
April 10th, 2004 03:29 PM
mac_daddy Bob - it would be my pleasure to burn this one for you...

just PM your mailing addy to me, and I will handle the rest.

[Edited by mac_daddy]
April 10th, 2004 07:11 PM
fmk438j Wow, sounds great.

Can't wait to see the Cock Dance in all its digital glory.

April 11th, 2004 01:48 AM
violentkind I can copy a few dvd-r`s for thoes who can not.
Page: 1 2