ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1969 - Baron Wolman
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wheelchair tickets Return to archive
04-14-03 09:07 AM
kelllydonia Please can anyone help me obtain wheelchair tickets, preferably Scotland but in desperation I'd travel as far as is necessary!
04-14-03 09:28 AM
steel driving hammer Do they have the Television show Seinfeld there in Edinburgh?

There was an episode when Kramer and George are looking to buy a wheel chair for a person and the wheel chair salesmen shows them a really nice model and says, "This wheel chair is the best of all wheel chairs, it's almost like your glad to be handicapped."

At the United Center Stones show we saw a van w/ people in wheel chairs getting out so I'm sure there is.

Actually think there is a law here that every buisness must have wheel chair accesibility.

Just look into it, and I'm sure you'll be able to see them perform.
04-14-03 09:50 AM
F505 Who was that famous detective in the wheel chair? Was it Ironside?
04-14-03 09:58 AM
steel driving hammer Raymond Burke.

04-14-03 10:10 AM
F505 Yes, that's the man! I just watched it when I was a kid. Great series. Thx !!!
04-14-03 10:12 AM
F505 Wasn't he Raymond BURR?
[Edited by F505]
04-14-03 12:47 PM
Martha
quote:
kelllydonia wrote:
Please can anyone help me obtain wheelchair tickets, preferably Scotland but in desperation I'd travel as far as is necessary!

From what I've been able to gather on getting wheelchair or handicapped accessible tickets you must do as the venue requets. I know that tickets through Ticketmaster have a place in their pages to get those special tickets but the requirements are then specific to each venue.

I read about the rules regarding one of the Ohio venues. It stated that you have to have a request in writing sent to the venue two-three weeks before the event ...to then be approved. You can do all of this on-line in the States. I have no idea what price range these tickets would be in though.

Also, my friend, who had had knee replacement surgery three years ago (listen up Jaxx ;-) !) asked to be placed in better seats once we got to the Columbus show last October as he was too uncomfortable to sit in the less roomy seats in the nosebeeds (he's a BIG guy thus the name "Big Daddy" suits him to a tee)...he didn't even have to prove he's had the surgery, although he does carry a card because he'll set off alarms at airports, they moved him pronto!

They simply moved him immediately (along with our friend who was sitting with him) to the area where the seats were $300!!!! (they were in the $50 buck section before he asked to be moved).

Now that isn't something one can depend on, but it is a true story. He was blown away by the show by that night!..Naturally! :-)

Don't know if that helps, but I sugggest that you investigate the venue's box office right away.

Good Luck!

Let us know how you fare!

peace,
Martha
04-14-03 02:05 PM
kelllydonia
quote:
kelllydonia wrote:
Please can anyone help me obtain wheelchair tickets, preferably Scotland but in desperation I'd travel as far as is necessary!

Thanks all for advice/comments. However I do know that wheelchair facilities are available at all venues but the problem is I CANT GET HOLD OF A WHEELCHAIR TICKET(S)
04-14-03 02:32 PM
marko Hmmm i�m not sure are there tix for wheelchairs?I think
they are on some sections,and you can get the info from the
place itself,like calling before the show?don+t know,this
just my idea of it?

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003