ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1969 - Baron Wolman
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill O' Reilly: Big Stones Fan Return to archive
04-09-03 09:10 PM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems After watching Bill for several years, I have concluded that he is a big Stones fan. He makes references to them, and seeks out stories where they are involved, especially Jagger. He even had Bill Wyman (goofy bastard) on recently. Alos, if you look at his favorite music on his page, The Stones are mentioned before the Beatles...and he NEVER mentions any of the Beatles in any context. His impromtu comments frequently involve the Stones...tonight he told someone..."If you arent driven by blind ideology, then Im Mick Jagger." Yay Bill!
04-09-03 09:13 PM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems I forgot the biggie!! In his memos...he uses snippets of Stones songs as expressions! Especially SympathyFTD in his normal conversation. If you watch him enough, this will become obvious.
04-09-03 09:25 PM
telecaster
quote:
EthanWickedAsHeSeems wrote:
I forgot the biggie!! In his memos...he uses snippets of Stones songs as expressions! Especially SympathyFTD in his normal conversation. If you watch him enough, this will become obvious.

I don't know about that. He was blasting them when he
had the author of "Old Gods" on.

04-09-03 09:40 PM
TracyGene Tele,I'm a right winger,but I'm afraid you are right.Bill blasted the Stones when "Old Gods"author was on.He described the Stones as despicable and a disgrace to Briton.While he was wrong,you got to factor in the impact of the Greatest R N R band in the world.I personaly like Bill O'Reilly,am I wrong?
04-09-03 10:09 PM
NHStonesfan I recall some Stones bashing as well

What say you?
04-10-03 12:35 AM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems I dont remember Bill saying they were a disgrace at all...if he did, it was to cater to the right wingers who frequently watch the show. He wouldnt say some of the stuff he did from the songs if he wasnt a fan.
04-10-03 11:43 AM
quackenbush If you visit his website, he lists the Rolling Stones as one of his favorite bands and recommends Forty Licks.
04-10-03 11:52 AM
Maxlugar I remember he went to a Macca concert and then praised him in comparison to the "cocky" Stones.

But I still love him and his No Spin zone.

JOEY!

04-10-03 01:12 PM
100 Years Ago O'Reilly a Stones fan? yeah right, i can really see him "getting" songs like street fightin' man, gimme shelter or undercover. he's a poser Stones, probably one of those bastards that expect people to sit during a show, applauds politely in between numbers and exits during the mini stage set to beat the traffic home.
04-10-03 02:37 PM
lonecrapshooter name and town name and town name and town...O'Reilly IS a Stones fan...he has said he likes their songs...he got quite carried away talking about the book and had the author on and castigated the Stones for their decadence...but he likes the music and that's all that matters as we all know

also George Pataki (NYS Governor)is a big Stones fan

also Matt Doherty (recently fired UNC basketball coach)is a big Stones fan even read that he makes references to their songs while coaching, maybe that's why his players didn't get along with him and had him fired
04-10-03 02:55 PM
100 Years Ago he may like the Stones but i doubt seriously he "gets" the stones. o'reilly is probably a hot rocks fan. doubt he could grasp exile and certainly not dirty work. Matt D. got run out on a rail at NC, from golden boy to leper in three short years, oh well they wanted Larry Brown all along and now they'll have him. Larry Brown is definitely NOT a Stones fan, though Hubie Brown probably is
04-10-03 03:39 PM
Hooked O'Reilly is a horse's ass. Thinks he's the moral authority on everything, or at least that's his act on TV. Everyone knows Keith is the moral authority on everything.

Pataki and Dougherty aren't great company either. Pataki's pretty vanilla and Dougherty's out of a job.
04-10-03 06:24 PM
100 Years Ago Dougherty's out of a job.

We've got nothing to eat
We got nowhere to work
Nothing to drink
We just lost our shirts
I'm on the dole
We ain't for hire
Say what the hell
Say what the hell, hang fire
Hang fire, hang fire, put it on the wire
Doo doo doo

probably ole Matt's favorite song right about now
04-11-03 12:50 AM
Roland On a semi-related note, Rush Limbaugh told a story a couple weeks ago about getting fired once for playing Stones. Seems he worked as a DJ on a mostly '40's - '50's and some '60's type music station. "Under My Thumb" was on the playlist and it was his favorite to play, but it was supposed to be played maybe once a month and he was playing it like 2 - 3 times a week. He was told next time he played it out of rotation he would be fired. So he did. Next week, he got a prayer...No, he just got fired!

BTW, I heard O'Reilly commenting on a Stones show he attended last January and he said he preferred the hits, wasn't that interested in the LIB album section of the show. Geez, most of that album is standard radio play. So I'm thinking he's a "lite" fan.
04-12-03 05:03 PM
Martini Bill O. has always been a moralist who is generally against the images put forth by the music and film industry, whether he is talking about rap or rock music. He is no different than most Republicans or even some Democrats (i.e. Joe Lieberman and Al Gore) in this regard. They are all clueless and pose a general threat against true art (as Frank Zappa clearly knew in his battles with the Gores and the PMRC).

However, I do think we have enough evidence to conclude that even though he finds the Stones morally deplorable, he probably owns their albums and loves them. He just can�t admit it on his show, otherwise he would appear to be the hypocrite that he is.

-Martini
04-12-03 07:02 PM
JaggaRichards Bill O'Reilly is a typical Irish-Catholic tight ass!
When he had the author of 'Old Gods' on the show, Bill said the Stones were 'degenerates'!
If O'Reilly was at the January MSG Stones show, I hope they charged him double for his ticket!
[Edited by JaggaRichards]
04-12-03 08:18 PM
Maxlugar Rush Limbaugh is cool.

04-12-03 09:28 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Rush Limbaugh is cool.

Cough, Cough.
Yeah... Rush is cool if like your opinions prefabricated.
I like Rush okay..he's funny sometimes but I'm a one issue voter anyway. Liberty vs Tyranny..freedom vs busybodies and spy cams. The Rolling Stones are libertines...or at least Mick is
[Edited by Mother baby]
[Edited by Mother baby]
04-12-03 09:57 PM
Sir Stonesalot Bill and Rush are complete and utter twits.

Talking parrots is all they are...and all they ever will be.

Bunch of fucking sissy boys. I ever meet up with either one of 'em, they leave the meeting with a black eye and busted lip.
04-12-03 11:16 PM
BILL PERKS DOHERTY GOT FIRED FOR MAKIN THE HEELS LISTEN TO DIRTY WORK CONTINUOUSLY DURING PRACTICES.HE CAN COACH MY SQUAD ANY DAY.
04-13-03 10:03 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
DOHERTY GOT FIRED FOR MAKIN THE HEELS LISTEN TO DIRTY WORK CONTINUOUSLY DURING PRACTICES.HE CAN COACH MY SQUAD ANY DAY.

Clinically, that is the best way to motivate a team.

It's true.
04-14-03 03:03 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Rush Limbaugh is cool.

I think some guy who slept 3 hours a night for the last week, sick from adrenaline overload, and whose flight home got delayed for 6 hours so he got loaded in an airport bar stole my password and posted some stuff last night.

I've asked him to apologize to Maxy and anyone else he pissed off.

He said ok.
[Edited by sirmoonie]
04-14-03 12:59 PM
Maxlugar You make Maxy say "Huh?".

MACKY!!!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003