ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1969 - Baron Wolman
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Show us your city -- post a pic of your city or street or home here! Return to archive Page: 1 2
04-06-03 08:24 AM
montana here you are pattie

lour
[Edited by montana]
04-06-03 08:28 AM
Pattie
Thank you! *sniffle* you�re so kind montana!

there you have it, that�s my city
04-06-03 09:43 AM
L&A Great virtual visit of the world

Here some postcards from Brussels, nothing really personal:

City of Art Nouveau and Art Deco. The wonderful Palais Stoclet (last pic) is at 5 min. walking from my house...
04-06-03 02:16 PM
Madafaka Buenos Aires City

By night

[Edited by Madafaka]
04-06-03 05:50 PM
Angiegirl This is a nice idea! Great pix everyone...

Here's my town, Leiden (Holland), about 20-23 miles (35 kilometers) South-West of Amsterdam. We have about 110,000 inhabitants and the oldest University of Holland (founded in 1575).
It's the place where painter Rembrandt van Rijn (1606-1669) was born and where he lived for 26 years and where John Robinson and his Pilgrim Fathers lived for 11 years (1609-1620), for you Americans, lol.

The house where Rembrandt van Rijn was born is near this mill, and so is his original painting studio where he started (museum now of course )

Here's the church where Pilgrim Father minister John Robinson is buried and a honourary plaquette for those Pilgrims, we even have a American Pilgrim museum...Rembrandt's parents and other family are also buried in this church, called the Pieterskerk.

And here's the view from my home, summer and winter

[Edited by Angiegirl]
04-07-03 12:02 AM
LadyJane This thread was a great idea! Keep the pics coming!

Love the international flavor!

Now, am I the only one eyeing my credit cards and thinking, "The Stones in Europe. I've never been.....I'm jonesin' for a concert, could I, NAH......, well, maybe, swing it?"

LadyJ.

04-07-03 06:08 AM
magicwoman here's a pic of our chickens in Ede(holland).(They are al dead through the bird disease)

this a road or something in my town Ede (holland)

[Edited by magicwoman]

This an area in my town Ede We called "The Veluwe"here is a pic of the deers who lived there

[Edited by magicwoman]
[Edited by magicwoman]
04-07-03 07:28 AM
Zeeta This is another local drinking hole!

If it works?!
04-07-03 07:53 AM
egon of course, how could i forget a pic of my pub.

and this one happens to be only 5 minutes away from the stadium (that's the stadium where the boys will be!)

04-07-03 10:26 AM
Joey All of these beautiful cities seem so peaceful and elegant ----- literally " Shining Cities on a Hill " .

You all can thank Ronald Reagan for that .............

" The Irish saved civilization Ronnie ! "

{{{{{ JOEY }}}}}}}}}}}
04-07-03 10:57 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat ok, here we go..I live in Breda, a city in the south-west part of the Netherlands; about 164.000 peolpe living here.
Breda has a tight connection with the Dutch Kings and Queens; Kings and Queens were buried here untill the Spanish occupation. Also, the Dutch military academy is located in this city (the Castle of Breda is part of the academy).

Some pics:

Spanjaardsgat:

St. Jansstraat:

Kasteel van Breda (Castle of Breda):

Church:

Shopping mall:

[Edited by Strange_Stray_Cat]
[Edited by Strange_Stray_Cat]
04-07-03 01:10 PM
Angiegirl Great! Love them all. Those typically Dutch cities, lol, I would recognize them as being Dutch even if it wasn't mentioned .

I want more countries, very curious!
04-07-03 01:44 PM
egon thanks guys, for showing me a little bit of home!
i miss it sometimes.
04-07-03 01:57 PM
magicwoman what did u miss the most egon "kroketten"or "drop" or the "hagelslag"
[Edited by magicwoman]
04-07-03 02:03 PM
Maxlugar Does Nebraska show up on film?

04-07-03 02:16 PM
egon the smell of a forest after rain.
green fields and "de kroeg"

but on the other hand, it's already summer here!
04-08-03 11:33 AM
rogerriffin this is my country in 3d

Palacio de Bellas Artes M�xico D.F.

Pir�mide del Sol Teotihuacan

�ngel de la Independencia M�xico D.F.

please use 3d glasses for enjoy!
04-08-03 07:18 PM
vampire The pic below is from the "Hospital Saude", where I spend some days of week (actually the bests). I liked alot this and couldn�t resist...some time I�ll post a picture of the street where I live...have to take a nice one

[Edited by vampire]
04-11-03 02:58 PM
vampire Still my hometown, "Caxias do Sul", Brasil. Here the
main av. This avenue's name is "Avenida Sinimbu", and the little dots you see are italians, in a parade Italians day
Hey, let's post more pictures, please??!!

[Edited by vampire]
04-14-03 09:49 AM
MarthaMyDear My pix sucked, IMO, so I'm gonna post some more and hopefully these won't suck... ROTFLOL!!! :P ENJOY!!!

04-14-03 02:41 PM
Pattie
yay!! Los Angeles!!!!!

04-15-03 10:53 AM
vampire Love those LA pix. Thanks Martha.
I have a sad story about that city, though.

04-15-03 11:10 AM
Pattie
I only have good stories about that city, love love love love LA!
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003