ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Wellington Westpac Stadium, 18th April 2006
© Marty Melville with special thanks to Gyspy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Leper dressed as Sgt. Pepper = Fuck The Beatles! Return to archive
14th April 2006 12:50 PM
steel driving hammer Yes! No?

Yes!
14th April 2006 12:52 PM
voodoopug Please...not today...after the Bono/Pope fiasco unearthed by LJ, I cannot take anymore today. I am already concerned about using a new caddy this year (Starting today)...I cannot receive anymore stress.
14th April 2006 12:53 PM
glencar Stress on a fat guy isn't healthy! It's true!!!
14th April 2006 12:57 PM
steel driving hammer Sorry Pug but I just hate the fucking Beatles w/ a passion.

Whilst the Bealtes were holding your hand, the Stones were Walkin' The Dog.

Still to this DAY!

No stress w/ that, actually it could be calming.
14th April 2006 12:58 PM
glencar He takes thing very hard. He should play that first Keef solo song...
14th April 2006 12:58 PM
glencar Off to the courts!
14th April 2006 01:14 PM
steel driving hammer http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=1006031906568

Everywhere you look, it's the Beatles. Like Phoenix rising from the flames,like Nixon coming back from the grave, the Beatles are making a comeback.
Never mind that their most talented member is dead. Never mind that the threewhich God has unfortunately spared from death look like Narcotics Anonymousmembers. Never mind that any relevance the three of them may have had endedabout the time the Johnson Administration did.

It's time to meet the Beatles again.

ABC will broadcast a six-hour video anthology on the group next week. And EMI Records is preparing for big time sales on a "new" Beatles CD, also due nextweek. Even Newsweek put them on the cover.

I think it's time we as a people stood up and said: Enough! Enough with thiswashed-up '60s nostalgia. Enough with the necrophilia. Let the Beatles rest inpeace. We don't need them to come together in 1995.

OK, OK. So they made some good, if not great, music in their day. So JohnLennon was a great songwriter. That doesn't mean we need to be subjected tothree insane men in their 50s singing along with a tape of a dead man.

The Beatles died in 1970 amidst a cloud of reefer smoke and a haze of heroinuse and lawsuits. Any possible chance for a reunion of the band died withLennon in 1980. It's not only pointless and sad for them to get back together,it's positively disgusting.

It's kind of like the old-timers' games they have in baseball. Athletes whoonce ruled the world are shown, decades later, as fat, cartoonish, ailingcaricatures of their former selves. That's what McCartney, Harrison and Starrare doing now.

If there is indeed a Rock and Roll Heaven, then I'll enjoy listening to Lennonjams someday. But until then, we should do all we can to keep our memories ofthe Beatles pure.

There should be an act of Congress or something to stop this money-grubbing,despicable reunion from occurring.

The Beatles are dead. These three impostors are not the Beatles. And the peopleexcited about this alleged reunion should be ashamed of themselves. In somecircles this is called desecrating the dead and is illegal.

The anti-sandwich
A few friends of mine, who have even less with which to occupy their lives thanI, came up with an interesting concept: the anti-sandwich. It's a pairing ofingredients that would never normally be mixed and which could be dangerous orexplosive if combined, not to mention disgusting as hell. The concept stretchesthe laws of physics and reality to their limits.

Here are a few examples:

Popcorn sandwich

Peanut butter and horseradish

Salmon patties and applesauce

Maple syrup and Pam

Pork fritter and chocolate sauce

Banana and bologna

If you know any other interesting examples of the anti-sandwich, e-mailme [email protected].

More interesting hate mail
Very few things thrill me more than receiving pieces of extra-hateful hatemail. My mailbox and E-mail program have been brimming with them lately andI've devoted an entire web page to them.(http://www.nuvo.net/hammer/hatemail.html).
The most recent, and most charming example of hate mail comes from a Californiagentleman who writes:

"If bullshit cleverness in regurgitation had rewards, you'd be a sultan. As itdoesn't in the realm beyond the chattering, shitting, parotting intellectualsqualor of the masses, you remain a living proof of the old adage:'sugar-frosted dog shit is still...dog shit.'"

A reader from Canada, who read my spiteful diatribe against the drug addict andracist known as Elvis, responded this way:

"I have just read how Elvis represents hate, white L.A. cops, and drug abuse. Iwonder what could possibly motivate you to write such hateful things about asinger who gave so many people so much happiness. I mean, you accusations arepure fiction! It is true that he used many non- hallucinogenic drugs near theend; he was miserable, alone, and getting old. I feel sorry for him; as asociety, we north Americans have a very perverse tendency to criticize andvillainize our heroes and leaders. Elvis was a simple man born with a gift; hewas undoubtedly one of the most captivating entertainers of the century. So,his early style borrowed from black gospel/soul? Yeah, and country, (black)blues, even a little bluegrass. So what? It was out of respect to these stylesthat he chose his own path. Is this wrong, to be inspired by black music if youare white?

"Elvis was not a businessman; just a singer. Your attempt to read motives intohis life story is motivated by darker reasoning than Elvis could have everfathomed.

"You should do something more constructive with your time than try to tear downother people's heroes."

Why? It's fun. And it's free.

14th April 2006 01:17 PM
jb Beatles , thankdfully are dead.
14th April 2006 02:02 PM
blackandblue
quote:
jb wrote:
Beatles , thankdfully are dead.

No no Ringo and Paul are selling more records and tickets the Stones can ever imagine
14th April 2006 02:31 PM
steel driving hammer So much bull shit black and blue
14th April 2006 02:31 PM
Riffhard
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=1006031906568

Never mind that the threewhich God has unfortunately spared from death look like Narcotics Anonymousmembers. Never mind that any relevance the three of them may have had endedabout the time the Johnson Administration did.

Uhh Steelie,there's only two of them left. Harrison is dead now too. Apparently you didn't get the memo.

Riffy
14th April 2006 02:55 PM
steel driving hammer LOL, never got the memo from turmer.

Just a copy and paste job but still they suck.
14th April 2006 03:46 PM
Prodigal Son I think this effort to banish Beatles music from the face of the earth is fruitless. It just won't happen. It's been near impossible to accomplish. I think I should hide my affinity toward the Beatles, though I can understand the annoyance and frustration caused by their legend being dug out of its grave every 5 years for the purposes of cheap profit, nostalgia and fattening the already bigger than most 3rd world countries wallet of that greedy pop tunesmith lovingly know here as Macca. I just think we should all band together here and attempt to degrade and demolish the "legacy" a band also named after an animal. They're called the Eagles. Now there's a band for which I can get on board with the bashing. Sing along with me (or if Joey comes in first):

It's another tequila sunrise
Welcome to the Hotel California
I got a peaceful easy feeling

Uuuuugggh.....
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
15th April 2006 10:37 AM
Ten Thousand Motels How can one take Beatles Bashers seriously? It's all a joke right?
15th April 2006 11:13 AM
GotToRollMe I never got the whole Beatles vs. Stones thing. I liked both bands right from the start, and I enjoy listening to them both to this day.
15th April 2006 11:43 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
How can one take Beatles Bashers seriously? It's all a joke right?

No!!!! I hAte them and wish their music to be locked in a vault and the key fed to baby lambs!
15th April 2006 11:47 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
and wish their music to be locked in a vault ..

Actually it's just been released online or is going to be. The cat's out of the bag.
15th April 2006 12:03 PM
rasputin56 I really hate these tribute bands

15th April 2006 01:09 PM
Scottfree All options should be on the table when it comes to the Beatles/U2, including the Nuclear option....Afterall, "Got nuke something"
16th April 2006 08:28 AM
corgi37 The Beatles truly are anti-Christs.

Ringo is now the 2nd most talented Beatle!

P.S. I FUCKING HATE THEM AND EVERY THING THEY DID!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)