ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Wellington Westpac Stadium, 18th April 2006
© Marty Melville with special thanks to Gyspy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Release next single The Biggest Mistake on 29/5 Return to archive Page: 1 2
13th April 2006 12:50 PM
thejuf The Biggest Mistake will be released on single on 29 May in the Netherlands.
Forty Licks Fanclub has just heard the news from Virgin/EMI. It will be released in a carton sleeve and in a CD case. Whether it will be released on vinyl is still not clear.
13th April 2006 01:01 PM
Break The Spell Another not so wise choice for a single. The true singles are Rough Justice and Oh No, Not You Again as they have been the mainstays in the live set.
13th April 2006 01:10 PM
Saint Sway whats the point? Its just an Alfie soundtrack reject.
13th April 2006 01:16 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
whats the point? Its just an Alfie soundtrack reject.

Yes, that and SOL both have that feeling.
13th April 2006 01:18 PM
Saint Sway I wouldnt call it a "feeling". More like a "reaking" of Alfie.
13th April 2006 01:19 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I wouldnt call it a "feeling". More like a "reaking" of Alfie.

We always have Matt Clifford though. He's a synthesizer wizard, ya know.
13th April 2006 01:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

We always have Matt Clifford though. He's a synthesizer wizard, ya know.

YES! He tastefully adds just the right amount of gayness to those songs.

whenever the Stones are in jeopardy of becoming too butch sounding, Mick always wisely brings in Matt Clifford to lower the testosterone levels in the studio.
13th April 2006 01:29 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

YES! He tastefully adds just the right amount of gayness to those songs.

whenever the Stones are in jeopardy of becoming too butch sounding, Mick always wisely brings in Matt Clifford to lower the testosterone levels in the studio.

The way he carries himself on stage and his fashion sense / haircuts are a nice, welcome addition to the rawness. If only he got to play on Biggest Mistake, it would have made it even more perfect.
13th April 2006 01:31 PM
Nellcote When the discussion relates to "gay" the one, the only, Fred Flintstone comes to mind, with the memorable lyrics...

"When you're, with the Flintstones, Have a yabba dabba doo time, A dabba doo time, You'll have a gay old time!"
WILMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13th April 2006 01:35 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

The way he carries himself on stage and his fashion sense / haircuts are a nice, welcome addition to the rawness. If only he got to play on Biggest Mistake, it would have made it even more perfect.

Isnt there a scene in "Being Mick" with Matt & Mick singing Biggest Mistake or am I thinking of another Alfie song?

I'd swear that Clifford's perfectly petticured fingertips are all over that tune. If not, than Mick has learned very well from his sessions with the modern genius of synthesizer sap.
13th April 2006 01:42 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Isnt there a scene in "Being Mick" with Matt & Mick singing Biggest Mistake or am I thinking of another Alfie song?

I'd swear that Clifford's perfectly petticured fingertips are all over that tune. If not, than Mick has learned very well from his sessions with the modern genius of synthesizer sap.

I know what scene you're speaking of, its one of those sappy tunes off of Goddess, can't recall which one. Its worth owning that DVD just for that scene, you get a look at Matt da man in action!!
13th April 2006 01:47 PM
pdog Best scene is Jaggers "vault" with all the session material over the years... What's in there just makes me wish... Make it available, PLEASE!
13th April 2006 01:51 PM
nanatod
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
I know what scene you're speaking of, its one of those sappy tunes off of Goddess, can't recall which one. Its worth owning that DVD just for that scene, you get a look at Matt da man in action!!

Look at this that I found on the net:
http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/058090/details.html
Apparently, it is Mr. Clifford in action also.
13th April 2006 01:53 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:

Jools Holland is OK, but still no Matt Clifford, also check out his work with Anderson, bruford, Wakeman & Howe.
13th April 2006 01:54 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
pdog wrote:
Best scene is Jaggers "vault" with all the session material over the years... What's in there just makes me wish... Make it available, PLEASE!

I know, you can only imagine the kind of stuff on those tapes, makes me envious just thinking of it. We've waited long and hard for this to be released, I have a feeling we'll have to wait a lot more though.
13th April 2006 01:55 PM
nanatod
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Jools Holland is OK, but still no Matt Clifford...

Apparently Jools does the writing of it, Break. Matt does the playing!!
13th April 2006 01:57 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:

Apparently Jools does the writing of it, Break. Matt does the playing!!

Exactly!! If I had Matt there, I'd let him do all the playing too. He is a synth wizard afterall who faithfully reproduces album material in the live setting.
13th April 2006 02:00 PM
pdog
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

I know, you can only imagine the kind of stuff on those tapes, makes me envious just thinking of it. We've waited long and hard for this to be released, I have a feeling we'll have to wait a lot more though.

Jagger tries to be humble about it, but in reality I think he hates them. He knows he can't create on that caliber anymore, so he just shrugs them off...
13th April 2006 02:17 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
pdog wrote:

Jagger tries to be humble about it, but in reality I think he hates them. He knows he can't create on that caliber anymore, so he just shrugs them off...

Yes, but if they have no interest in recording new material again, perhaps they can release the best the vaults have to offer and tour behind that. Then include in the set-lists the best of the vault songs, a good way to mix things up ala "Licks" tour.
13th April 2006 02:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
nanatod wrote:

oh my God!! This only sells for 16 pounds!!! Such a steal to be able to catch a synthesizer lesson from a musical genius like Clifford!!
13th April 2006 02:22 PM
glencar Jagger ahs stated many times he doesn't ahve any interest in looking back. He's wrong of course & it's killing me.
13th April 2006 02:25 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

WTF?? you sound as if you werent satisfied by the release of "Rarities"

so many ungrateful Stones fans on this site!!

Rarities had a live version of Mannish Boy on it!! Where else are you gonna find that??
13th April 2006 02:29 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

WTF?? you sound as if you werent satisfied by the release of "Rarities"

so many ungrateful Stones fans on this site!!

Rarities had a live version of Mannish Boy on it!! Where else are you gonna find that??

True dat, Mannish Boy was a good find there, but I was let down soley because it didn't have the Matt Clifford acapella version of "Love Train" that I was promised.
13th April 2006 03:08 PM
Saint Sway still... its hard to complain about them not including Love Train when they did come thru and give us the dance remix of Harlem Shuffle!

there were many posts here leading up to Rarities release where fans screamed "I dont care whats on it - so long as we get the Harlem Shuffle remix and Any Way You Look At It!! Those alone will make it worthwhile."

the fact that they threw on Mannish Boy and the extended Miss You was just icing on the cake!
13th April 2006 03:12 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
still... its hard to complain about them not including Love Train when they did come thru and give us the dance remix of Harlem Shuffle!

there were many posts here leading up to Rarities release where fans screamed "I dont care whats on it - so long as we get the Harlem Shuffle remix and Any Way You Look At It!! Those alone will make it worthwhile."

the fact that they threw on Mannish Boy and the extended Miss You was just icing on the cake!

Ya, ya, I get what your saying, but to have Love Train between Anyway You Look At It and the dance mix of HS would have been mind blowing. Anyway You Look At It with Matt Clifford on accordian would be great on the b-stage.
13th April 2006 04:10 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Anyway You Look At It with Matt Clifford on accordian would be great on the b-stage.

agreed. The b-stage has suffered from not sounding enough Steel Wheels-ish. The b-stage was a highlight of the last 3 tours, but is now in desperate need of some Clifford magic to put a squeeky clean shine on the b-stages' raw garage band sound.

Clifford's keys are the saccharin that sweetens Keith & Ronnie's dirty guitar raunch.

either that or bring back those thin sounding Japanese replica Fenders that were so prominent on the Wheels tour.
13th April 2006 04:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot The biggest mistake was bothering to record The Biggest Mistake.

I hate that fucking song.
13th April 2006 05:01 PM
GotToRollMe I know "Streets Of Love" gets a lot of flack on this board, but I like it. I like the vocal and I like the lyrics. "Biggest Mistake," on the other hand, I find unlistenable.
13th April 2006 05:04 PM
Saint Sway Biggest Mistake would stand out on any Jagger solo record as being the most noticeably sappy, femine sounding song.

on a Stones album it just makes you cringe.
13th April 2006 05:42 PM
twicks1 Seriously, ripping on Matt Clifford or the "Harlem Shuffle" remix doesn't take a whole lot of wit these days. It's the "Rocks Off Message Board" equivalent of a Jay Leno "Stones are old" joke.

You're being lazy, and even worse, boring. Come up with an original zinger next time.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)