ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Wellington Westpac Stadium, 18th April 2006
© Marty Melville with special thanks to Gyspy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Easter Return to archive Page: 1 2
13th April 2006 12:43 PM
jb To my Christian friends, may you experience the joy and spirituality the ressurection.
[Edited by jb]
13th April 2006 12:51 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
To my Christian friends, my you experience the joy and spirituality the ressurection.

jb will you be watching a DVD of "Passion of The Christ"
tomorrow?
13th April 2006 12:55 PM
Break The Spell What about the remake of the Ten commandments??
13th April 2006 01:04 PM
Break The Spell Its kind of funny that the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus is commemorated by telling kids that a magical bunny brings them chocolate egss in the night.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
13th April 2006 01:06 PM
rasputin56 Just a carryover from the pagan indoctrination to Christianity. Much like all of Christmas.
13th April 2006 01:28 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

jb will you be watching a DVD of "Passion of The Christ"
tomorrow?

Mel Gibson should die the type of death he portryed in that hate-play movie.
13th April 2006 02:00 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
jb wrote:

I still think the best things he's ever been involved with are Mad Max and The Road Warrior.
13th April 2006 02:09 PM
glencar Happy Easter everyone!
13th April 2006 02:30 PM
stewed & Keefed Happy Easter To You All!
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
13th April 2006 04:10 PM
Scottfree Jesus was born in the summer...
13th April 2006 04:26 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
jb wrote:

That hate-play movie that brought in about a half billion in earnings - not too bad a return on Mr. Gibson's initial 25 million investment...

You have often shared in your enjoyment of wealth - so I assume you can appreciate the magnitude of those incredible numbers!

Enjoy Passover.

I'll be enjoying Easter...
13th April 2006 06:41 PM
the good
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
Jesus was born in the summer...

What's your source for that?
13th April 2006 07:47 PM
rasputin56
quote:
the good wrote:

What's your source for that?

My guess is probably Luke.
13th April 2006 08:26 PM
Some Guy Happy Easter jb
13th April 2006 11:54 PM
Soldatti 4 days off the work!!!
14th April 2006 08:42 AM
FPM C10 Filipino Devotees Nailed to the Cross
At Least 11 Filipino Devotees Nailed to the Cross on Good Friday Rites in the Philippines

By FERNANDO SEPE

SAN PEDRO CUTUD, Philippines Apr 14, 2006 (AP)— At least 11 Filipino devotees were nailed to the cross during Good Friday reenactments of Christ's final hours.

The Lenten ritual, opposed by religious leaders in the Philippines, is an annual tradition in this farming village about 45 miles north of the capital, Manila.

The Roman Catholic devotees were crucified in batches, their palms and feet attached to wooden crosses with four-inch nails soaked in alcohol to prevent infection.

Nine devotees underwent the ritual in San Pedro Cutud, including Ruben Enaje, a 45-year-old commercial sign maker who was nailed to the cross for the 20th time.

Enaje has said it is his way of thanking God after he miraculously survived a fall from a building when he was a construction worker.

In Kapitangan, another village north of Manila, two men wearing long wigs and tin crowns were nailed to the cross before about 1,000 spectators.
14th April 2006 09:24 AM
the good
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Filipino Devotees Nailed to the Cross
At Least 11 Filipino Devotees Nailed to the Cross on Good Friday Rites in the Philippines

By FERNANDO SEPE

SAN PEDRO CUTUD, Philippines Apr 14, 2006 (AP)— At least 11 Filipino devotees were nailed to the cross during Good Friday reenactments of Christ's final hours.

The Lenten ritual, opposed by religious leaders in the Philippines, is an annual tradition in this farming village about 45 miles north of the capital, Manila.

The Roman Catholic devotees were crucified in batches, their palms and feet attached to wooden crosses with four-inch nails soaked in alcohol to prevent infection.

Nine devotees underwent the ritual in San Pedro Cutud, including Ruben Enaje, a 45-year-old commercial sign maker who was nailed to the cross for the 20th time.

Enaje has said it is his way of thanking God after he miraculously survived a fall from a building when he was a construction worker.

In Kapitangan, another village north of Manila, two men wearing long wigs and tin crowns were nailed to the cross before about 1,000 spectators.

Freud would have had a field day with this...
14th April 2006 09:57 AM
FPM C10 "In Kapitangan, another village north of Manila, two men wearing long wigs and tin crowns were nailed to the cross before about 1,000 spectators."

I'm not listening! These guys are giving tin-foil hat wearers a bad name!
[Edited by Wilhelm Reich]
[Edited by FPM C10]
14th April 2006 10:05 AM
Candace Youngblood Good morning. Thanks for a great evening. Will you buy me a coffee?
14th April 2006 10:14 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Filipino Devotees Nailed to the Cross

By FERNANDO SEPE

So a special on this on the National Geographic Channal, pretty crazy.

BTW, anyone see the thing on the discovery of the lost Gospel of Judas. Pretty interesting stuff. Says basically, Judas was acting on orders from Jesus and that he was in actuality Jesus' right hand man. Carbon dating shows that it is from the right time period.
14th April 2006 11:32 AM
LadyJane A very happy Easter to all who celebrate.

Peace my friends.

LJ.
14th April 2006 12:04 PM
glencar Happy Easter LJ. See you in Europe!
14th April 2006 12:28 PM
steel driving hammer Happy Stones Easter to everyone here.

I may be in and out but I'm still here thinking how funny and great some of you are!
14th April 2006 12:36 PM
jb
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Happy Stones Easter to everyone here.

I may be in and out but I'm still here thinking how funny and great some of you are!

We love you Steelie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joey is on vacation and sends his regards!!!
14th April 2006 12:37 PM
pdog The War On Easter...
Who is really behind it?
14th April 2006 12:39 PM
glencar
quote:
Happy Stones Easter to everyone here.

List, please...
14th April 2006 12:39 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
The War On Easter...
Who is really behind it?

clearly, Bill O'Reilly will get to the bottom of this one.
14th April 2006 12:40 PM
pdog Ironically, I thought he was behind it... Hiding in plain view, ya know!
14th April 2006 12:44 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
glencar wrote:
List, please...

LOL, can't, don't wanna leave anyone out my telephone brother. Goin' to cross the pond? Just don't bring back any stink! Man those drunken nights talking to you while pissing in me beer bottle were something! I still LOL at any moment of the day and some think I'm mental but, you know...

High Five Bro.
14th April 2006 12:46 PM
glencar
quote:

LOL, can't, don't wanna leave anyone out my telephone brother. Goin' to cross the pond? Just don't bring back any stink! Man those drunken nights talking to you while pissing in me beer bottle were something! I still LOL at any moment of the day and some think I'm mental but, you know...

High Five Bro.

Yes, I'm going to London & possibly Paris. Amsterdam is a bust! Check PM...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)