ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Wellington Westpac Stadium, 18th April 2006
Đ Marty Melville with special thanks to Gyspy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fall Mini Tour Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
11th April 2006 11:21 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hopefully THE WHO will announce their tour BEFORE the Stones as one's ticket dollar only goes so far these days .

Developing ..................................

Joey I spoke with a friend last week that was hired by Pete to work on the album - he says the stuff so far sounds really good. Quality stuff.
11th April 2006 11:22 AM
Egbert
quote:
pdog wrote:
I don't care any more, I've lost the will to love, live ...
Life w/o sunshine, I'm not sure I'm even capable of enjoying music... All I see is wet people...

Stay away from the Golden Gate!
Jumacfly Thank you for your perfect explanation Uncle Puggie
cheers my RO pals!
gimmekeef Here are some options that could play out:

Fox Theater Atlanta (or Phillips 3)
Nashville Arena
New Orleans Superdome Re-Opener (reduced tix to fill)
Toronto Air Canada Center
Kansas City Kemper
Buffalo Arena (not too close date to Toronto)

Plus of course the usual large markets..bout 20 total shows?
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The ATL is party central, has a great international airport, a very big fish bowl, and many vibrant and exciting hip hop clubs for the adventerous!

Besides, it give Chuck a chance to come home and do his laundry!!!

See you at the Fox this fall.

I LOVE Hot'Lanta .....

" Ladies & Gentlemen -- Thanks For Coming to this Fishtank " ( Peter Denis Blandford Townshend , Seattle , Kingdome , 1982 ) .

11th April 2006 11:23 AM
pdog
quote:
Egbert wrote:

Stay away from the Golden Gate!

I'm not going out in this weather...
11th April 2006 11:24 AM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Here are some options that could play out:

Fox Theater Atlanta (or Phillips 3)
Nashville Arena
New Orleans Superdome Re-Opener (reduced tix to fill)
Toronto Air Canada Center
Kansas City Kemper
Buffalo Arena (not too close date to Toronto)

Plus of course the usual large markets..bout 20 total shows?

reduced tickets is a bad word in Camp Cohl. don't expect to see KC, NO, Nashville, or Buffalo. These places cannot support a $500 ticket. This will not be a tour to do favors for the places they have missed...they were missed because they could not finance the guarantees!
11th April 2006 11:25 AM
Break The Spell After months of rumors, finally the autumn tour is coming to fruition!! Luckily I heeded the warnings and insights given to us by the wiser ones on this board and have a decent stash ready to buy great seats and to travel. See you guys on the road this autumn.
11th April 2006 11:30 AM
jb Look for "A" list cities...we ain't doing this b/c we love the fans...this is necessary for horrific European sales at reduced costsd(see Japan, Australis, the corpse lile Holland sales, most of germany, etc).
11th April 2006 11:32 AM
Joey
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
After months of rumors, finally the autumn tour is coming to fruition!! Luckily I heeded the warnings and insights given to us by the wiser ones on this board and have a decent stash ready to buy great seats and to travel. See you guys on the road this autumn.

You are very wise .......

..... and much loved .
11th April 2006 11:34 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Joey wrote:

You are very wise .......

..... and much loved .

Thanks, ya know some wisdom comes from life experience, some comes from elders on this very board, such as you and your finger light.
11th April 2006 11:36 AM
Saint Sway I'm gonna pass on this go round. I'll catch them again on the next tour - beginning in either September 2008 or Sept '09.
11th April 2006 11:36 AM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
Look for "A" list cities...we ain't doing this b/c we love the fans...this is necessary for horrific European sales at reduced costsd(see Japan, Australis, the corpse lile Holland sales, most of germany, etc).

The great state of Calif. subsidizes the rest of the USA... So we basically are responsible for the economy of the US that supports The Stones. LA, NYC Chicago and a few other places are exempt.
What do we get in return? Not even a thank you.
11th April 2006 11:37 AM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Joey I spoke with a friend last week that was hired by Pete to work on the album - he says the stuff so far sounds really good. Quality stuff.

You make Joey giddy ....

www.PeteTownshend.com

11th April 2006 11:39 AM
nanatod
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Chicago shows are almost more of a burden for me to do

Voodoopug, don't worry. If the Stones play the United Center as part of the mini-tour, I and my girlfriend can drive up to the northwestern burbs to pick you up and drive you home. I have to be her designated driver all the time; what's one more drinker.
11th April 2006 11:47 AM
jb
quote:
nanatod wrote:

Voodoopug, don't worry. If the Stones play the United Center as part of the mini-tour, I and my girlfriend can drive up to the northwestern burbs to pick you up and drive you home. I have to be her designated driver all the time; what's one more drinker.

Hpefully, Pug will not humiliate himself/the baords again and become a "human interst story'............
11th April 2006 11:48 AM
Joey
quote:
nanatod wrote:

I and my girlfriend can drive up to the northwestern burbs to pick you up and drive you home. I have to be her designated driver all the time; what's one more drinker.

You can pick me up too .....
11th April 2006 11:48 AM
marko The endless milking continues,do you guys really want this?
And do you think,that they will tour again 2008?
I personally donīt think so,and as matter of fact,i donīt
want them to.they play 2 songs from the album,and call ABB
tour.......
11th April 2006 11:51 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:

You make Joey giddy ....

www.PeteTownshend.com

the album is coming!
11th April 2006 11:54 AM
Sir Stonesalot Unless they whip out the Superbowl Tongue Stage for the fall tour...I'm givin' it a skip too.

I'll go if I can get "in the tongue". Otherwise, I'm done.
11th April 2006 11:55 AM
nanatod
quote:
Joey wrote:
You can pick me up too .....

I've never been to Nebraska, Joey. Although I've been to Iowa twice -- once to take a deposition in Des Moines, and once to attend the FarmAid show in Ames. If you want me to drive you to Stones shows, move closer.
11th April 2006 11:59 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Unless they whip out the Superbowl Tongue Stage for the fall tour...I'm givin' it a skip too.

After a long hot Stonesless summer..Many of us may change our minds....
11th April 2006 12:01 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:
Look for "A" list cities...we ain't doing this b/c we love the fans...this is necessary for horrific European sales at reduced costsd(see Japan, Australis, the corpse lile Holland sales, most of germany, etc).

If true jb..then I would think they'd just pack it in after Europe...This tour has made gobs of dough regardless of a few "wide open" events....
11th April 2006 12:06 PM
jb
quote:
marko wrote:
The endless milking continues,do you guys really want this?
And do you think,that they will tour again 2008?
I personally donīt think so,and as matter of fact,i donīt
want them to.they play 2 songs from the album,and call ABB
tour.......

You will not return to US for tour and parties? Where is baby Steel Magnolia? Howe are Finish sales?
11th April 2006 12:14 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Unless they whip out the Superbowl Tongue Stage for the fall tour...I'm givin' it a skip too.

Stones are my favorite band and they still put on a great show. But unless their are major changes for the fall leg (stage, songs, smaller venues) then I'm not going to go.

for me, it needs to be the same type of switch they did from BTB to No Security for it to be worth it. If its just this same ABB Tour Part II. Then theres no point.
11th April 2006 12:21 PM
voodoopug
quote:
nanatod wrote:

it is much appreciated!
11th April 2006 12:23 PM
marko Iīm not coming back to states,not this year.Maybe next
year,but thats another story.
11th April 2006 12:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
marko wrote:
Iīm not coming back to states,not this year.Maybe next
year,but thats another story.

you are not alone....many will not travel back to the US as interest is dwindling, I predict our core base of fans to go below the 400K mark for the first time since 1964. (see Rarities sales)
11th April 2006 12:27 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you are not alone....many will not travel back to the US as interest is dwindling, I predict our core base of fans to go below the 400K mark for the first time since 1964. (see Rarities sales)

Even though Rarities was a disappointment, I'm not sure if it can be gauged as to how many hardcore fans there are. I know some core fans who didn't buy that disc simply because there was nothing on it they didn't already have.
11th April 2006 12:31 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Even though Rarities was a disappointment, I'm not sure if it can be gauged as to how many hardcore fans there are. I know some core fans who didn't buy that disc simply because there was nothing on it they didn't already have.

Good point, but it is the "completists" who pay big dollars to travel to see the same show multiple times.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)