ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Wellington Westpac Stadium, 18th April 2006
© Marty Melville with special thanks to Gyspy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ABB goes Platinum in Europe Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
12th April 2006 12:08 PM
jb The album had no staying power and no songs are ever played from it..while I depsise B2b, you would hear a few tracks now and then...this was a really shitty piece of work.
12th April 2006 07:42 PM
Bitch INFAMY was great performed live, it pulsated. Only thing missing was MICK'S harmonica. I was told MICK has to leave the stage during KEEF'S set, a contractual agreement. Anybody know about this??
12th April 2006 07:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:
INFAMY was great performed live, it pulsated. Only thing missing was MICK'S harmonica. I was told MICK has to leave the stage during KEEF'S set, a contractual agreement. Anybody know about this??

apparently thats been the case since 1989. Read it in one of the biographies, although Ive never read an interview with either of that states it to be correct

I'd imagine if anything its more to give Mick a rest!
12th April 2006 08:04 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:

apparently thats been the case since 1989. Read it in one of the biographies, although Ive never read an interview with either of that states it to be correct

I'd imagine if anything its more to give Mick a rest!

It's such a shame too. I was listening to Timeless Europe '73 the other night and Happy was just so great with Mick and Keef sharing the mic during the chorus. I tend to agree with you Gary. I think it's just give Mick a break. I doubt that it has anything to do with any bad blood between the two.

Riffy
13th April 2006 01:26 AM
pdog Those days are long gone...
Thank god for the boots!
13th April 2006 07:28 PM
gotdablouse I think that at the end of the day it's just not that good of an album, so it's ok that it didn't really sell, a bit like VL or SW that sold much better though, nothing very memorable on it other than maybe RFD, and marred throughout by atrocious lyrics about Mick's dick. B2B is the only one that stands out for me since, hum...Tattoo You.

Hopefully they can stop that relentless and pointless touring and regroup and work with Rick Rubin for the next one to come out on a high note. They should keep in mind that no one will remember the tours in 15 years, so they'd better put some energy on their recorded output and let it loose !
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)