ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Wellington Westpac Stadium, 18th April 2006
© Marty Melville with special thanks to Gyspy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best Cities To Play According To The Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2
7th April 2006 04:49 PM
gypsy
quote:
pdog wrote:
Evertime you post Gypsy, I kiss your avatar... I had to explain to my wife, it's not cheating if I'm pressing my lips to the monitor.

Thank you. It's not cheating. But it's weird.
7th April 2006 04:52 PM
Joey " It's not cheating. But it's weird. "

7th April 2006 07:15 PM
Soldatti Toronto
New York
L.A
London
Paris
Buenos Aires
7th April 2006 07:21 PM
Paranoid_Android You guys must so effin jealous...not even a mere mention of Washington, DC...
7th April 2006 08:56 PM
glencar
quote:
Spru wrote:
They seemed to like Pittsburgh this year, as Pearl Jam opened (by far the best opening act of this tour), and they debuted Wild Horses (w/ Vedder), surprised everyone w/ the Get Off My Cloud debut, and played Rocks Off for one of the few times this tour.

They played Pittsburgh on the Licks Tour & seemed somewhat bored that night. They do like Philly obviously...
8th April 2006 07:39 AM
charlotte Best in Show:

Charlotte-October 21, 2005

The only place in the world that josh wiped out the first 6 rows on Ronnie's side to catch Mick's water bottle(but was the perfect gentleman in picking everyone up)

Review by Bjørnulf Vik
The Rolling Stones brought me to Charlotte in 1997. That was the first time for the bridge on the Bridges To Babylon tour. And it was the first time they played Flip The Switch. At Ericsson Stadium. So I fell in love with Charlotte, great city, and when they came back for No Security I was ready once more in 1999. To get to the Charlotte Coliseum I had to take a bus from the bus station that took me far out to a place that felt in the middle of nowhere. But like in 1997 the show was just fantastic. So when I heard they were back for Charlotte in 2005 I was ready!
This time I went to the bus station like in 1999. But unlike in 1999 - when I had visited Burger King - I just crossed the street to the brand new Bobcats Arena. So much more easy! And if you are living in Charlotte, I would agree with your Mayor who did his opening speach yesterday - this venue adds quality to the life of everyone living in Charlotte.

Quality tonight came from England originally made in 1962. These days they are owned by fans all over the world. Mick's voice never sounded better. Keith ruled from start to finish, Ronnie was tossing out picks and great guitar solos all through the night. And Charlie sported an orange home team Charlotte colored T-shirt as he kept the beat running.

Ruby Tuesday was unique. Mick did not move at all. For the entire song he just stood by the microphone stand singing this song with such emotions I have never heard anything like it. The band allowed him to improvise on the beat and the flow of the song and it was simply magic. At one point he picked up the microphone, stepped back a couple of steps, turned around, then walked back to the front, only to finish the song where it started. A moment worth the travel alone.

Night Time was fantastic with Lisa. Don't even think about bringing on any guest singers for this song. It would be an insult to the fans. Lisa is just fantastic on this song, and I am 100% sure no other female singer can come close to the performance she is doing, especially not the one she did tonight. Thank you Lisa - you'r simply the best!

By the small stage, which isn't that small by the way, there was a guy with a sign saying "Throw me a pick Ronnie". Well Ronnie saw it and took the advice. The first one was flying over the guy so during It's Only Rock'n Roll Ronnie made sure he got his pick by placing it into his hand. Nice Ronnie!

Sympathy For The Devil. Keith is rolling out some fantastic guitar playing on our righthand side. A bra of the giant size is flying his way. Keith is working hard on his playing, but he does still find his time to hand over a pick to a girl with a great smile on her face.

Paint It Black. Mick Jagger front stage wide split legs. Starting to sing. Raising his hands above his head. The fuzz is running and the song is rolling. Those few who were sitting down are now on their feet. From now on.

Brown Sugar is featuring a video on the screen that is showing a topless girl at famous big city landmarks like the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, The Pyramids, New York City and so on. Normally you do not see this when they play Brown Sugar at the end of the show, but as it is coming earlier it is on for tonight.

Jumping Jack Flash is great and loud as at every show. Then two encores. Finito. All too short. No complaints. I know they have to go home. But I want more!
8th April 2006 08:28 AM
speedfreakjive I've got a video of an 'on tour' documentary/interviews programme made in Chicago 1999, by an English comedian called Chris Evans.
Q. Which cities really 'rock' to play around the world?
Mick Jagger:
"Well that would be unfair to all the others wouldn't it!! Haha. Well, South America is famous for having loads of guys with no shirts on. Its just like being at a World Cup football match, singing songs etc. And China, cos they won't let you in, only Wham and Roxette have ever played China."
Q. Would you like to make an appeal to the Chinese authorities now on TV?
MJ "Yeah, China its gonna be great, we're gonna be there soon!! hahahah"
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
8th April 2006 06:40 PM
Carlos Pigozzi Aha, so Argentina and Brazil it is ....
9th April 2006 04:53 PM
gimmekeef Joey, now that The Stones have come and gone...Are they going to tear down that big arena QWest thingy?...Would they need something that big for the cattle shows?
14th April 2006 07:58 AM
Barney Fife
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I have read before that they enjoy Rio, NYC, Chicago, Atlanta, London, Tokyo (circa 1990, not now in the low interest era), and Toronto. I cannot recall the sources.

I think the fact that they have started tours in Chicago - with the requisite pre-tour warm-up gigs at bars like The Double Door - shows they like Chi-Town a lot.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)