ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Đ TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fave Stones and Mick Taylor album Return to archive
April 12th, 2005 04:27 PM
star star whats your fave non brian non ronnie all mick alby??
April 12th, 2005 05:34 PM
Surround Sister GHS 1st; LIB no 2; Exile no 3.
But I get tired of the both former at times, so Exile is my primary listening. IORR a joker (yet to come?).
Havent heard Ya-Yaīs .
April 12th, 2005 05:44 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Let It Bleed is generally considered a "Keith" album. By this I mean that it's all Keith guitars at their finest. LIB was the first post-Brian album (he did contribute on two tracks -- non-guitar parts) and pre-Mick album (although he did play on two others).
[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]
April 12th, 2005 06:32 PM
Surround Sister Sorry on LIB; please forgive a rookie.
What does this leave LIV, then... Is Keith
both rhytm a n d lead guitarist, or... ?
(e.g. Gimme Shelter: is that Keef all over?)

...And dont laugh at me; on which track can I hear Mick?
(I know more about their various addresses and intake of drugs etc then the recordings... ). Please note: I īm not totally without ears - I can distinct Taylor from Richards along many tracks on GHS. But thatīs supposedly more of a Taylor-album, right... ? 'Cause Keef was far out at that point. Knowing 'bout Taylors bad state during IORR, the balance musically and socially seem to have been best upheld during Exile. Makes sense?
April 12th, 2005 06:51 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Surround Sister wrote:
Sorry on LIB; please forgive a rookie.
What does this leave LIV, then... Is Keith
both rhytm a n d lead guitarist, or... ?
(e.g. Gimme Shelter: is that Keef all over?)

...And dont laugh at me; on which track can I hear Mick?
(I know more about their various addresses and intake of drugs etc then the recordings... ). Please note: I īm not totally without ears - I can distinct Taylor from Richards along many tracks on GHS. But thatīs supposedly more of a Taylor-album, right... ? 'Cause Keef was far out at that point. Knowing 'bout Taylors bad state during IORR, the balance musically and socially seem to have been best upheld during Exile. Makes sense?

Keith played all guitars on the following:

1. Gimme Shelter
2. Love In Vain
3. Let It Bleed
4. Midnight Rambler
5. You Got The Silver
6. Monkey Man
7. You Can't Always Get What You Want

---> pretty impressive line-up if you ask me!

The other songs not all Keith:

1. Country Honk (Mick Taylor on slide)
2. Live With Me

Brian Jones contributions:

1. Percussion on Midnight Rambler
2. Autoharp on You Got The Silver
April 12th, 2005 09:30 PM
Soldatti Let It Bleed is 80% a Keith album.
April 12th, 2005 10:55 PM
KeithRichardsWife
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
Let It Bleed is generally considered a "Keith" album. By this I mean that it's all Keith guitars at their finest. LIB was the first post-Brian album (he did contribute on two tracks -- non-guitar parts) and pre-Mick album (although he did play on two others).
[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]

Really!? Aww now that album will make me think of keith even more
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood