ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Could This Be The Last Time? Return to archive
April 11th, 2005 11:42 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! Could This Be The Last Time?
I am awaiting some news that I just heard on WDBJ TV station in Roanoke Va. The anchor lady just said "Could the end of the Rolling Stones tour days be comming to an end? It had a shot of them by the blim. Well I'm waiting to see what she has to say comming up in a few minutes......hold on. Wheeee, damn , I thought she was going to have something bad to say. Her statement was that the aging rockers will embark on a new tour starting in Boston on Aug 21, following the release of a new album. She also said that since Drummer Charlie Watts has be dignosed with throat cancer this more then likly would be their last outing, which will take them on the road for a year around the world. Damn, that gave me a scare when she first said that and left it hanging until the end of the broadcast. Anyway, nothing new that we don't already know, but boy my heart about skipped a beat when she first said that.

Next Topic >>

Add Reply
April 11th, 2005 11:47 PM
Madafaka Hahahaha! I was listening that since a long time ago...
April 12th, 2005 12:07 AM
Soldatti Maybe the last big tour, but they will play shows in the future.
April 12th, 2005 01:27 AM
corgi37 Todays Melbourne paper, page 2, says it their last and biggest tour. Again, the combined age mentioned. Will last over a year and they will open the new Wimbledon.
April 12th, 2005 01:29 AM
riccardo This is typical: the New Wimbledon!!!These guys don't even know the difference from Wembley to Wimbledon! How can anybody trust these morons?
April 12th, 2005 02:16 AM
marko Last? NO!,but last big bang,then we´ll get 2 very short
tours,,thats my take on it.
Short means maybe only 2-3months world tours.And expect VERY high ticket prices.
April 12th, 2005 02:40 AM
exile WRINKLY rockers the Rolling Stones are to embark on their biggest tour yet - at a combined age of 242.

They will begin their tour in Boston in the US in August and be on the road for at least a year.
It is likely to be a final extended farewell to fans - 43 years after their first gig in London.

Sir Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, both 61, Charlie Watts, 63, and 57-year-old Ronnie Wood are then expected to stop after five decades of rock.

A source said: "It's their biggest and best tour yet. People joke about them being wrinkly old blokes but they are still one of the best groups live."

They were tipped to pack it in after their 2002 Forty Licks tour.

They will be the first band to play at England's new $1 billion Wembley Stadium next year.

http://entertainment.news.com.au/story/0,10221,12830048-7484,00.html

April 12th, 2005 03:08 AM
FotiniD And you'd think the topic would be worn out by now.
Come on you guys, we discuss and hear about the SAME "this could be the last time" stories on every single tour the last few years. (Hey, now that I think of it, the "last time" rumours are not even new...)

Maybe it will and maybe it won't.
Speculating it for the 54862nd time won't change a thing.
April 12th, 2005 04:00 AM
Poplar
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Speculating it for the 54862nd time won't change a thing.

yup
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood