ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith and Ronnie Stay Up for 7 days and Nights!? Return to archive
April 11th, 2005 11:18 AM
Zeeta What's the crack with this? When did it happen? I presume maybe the '75/6 tour???

Would be interesting to know!

Cheers!
April 11th, 2005 11:51 AM
headshrinker i heard keith did 9 days and fell asleep walking accross a room . didn't know it was ronnie aswell
April 11th, 2005 12:01 PM
Zeeta Could be just Keith - this is what I'm interested in man!

9 days and nights without sleep - maybe it was for lent!
April 11th, 2005 12:14 PM
Maxlugar It's not possible.

I saw a documentary on a guy who did I think 5 days and wound up with brain damage.

He was radio announcer and was doing a marathon of some sort.

After four days he because a babbling, drooling mental patient.

He was never the same.

Maybe that explains Ronnie's playing since '76.

April 11th, 2005 12:29 PM
Surround Sister Five days is my personal record.
"Do not try it at home".
Amphetamine dudes I´ve seen up and around for most of the time about 2½-three weeks.
I think they forget one or two power naps during day time when they go on about their nine-days-and-nights-sessions.
...I could picture myself in some of these days though...

[Edited by Surround Sister]
April 11th, 2005 12:29 PM
Maxlugar I shouldn't say it's not possible because he went on for what was maybe that long but he had serious mental problems afterwards and lost it all.

I think they are exaggerating, is all.

April 11th, 2005 03:16 PM
Gazza Billy Idol was talking in the new "Uncut" magazine about sleep deprivation when he was a heroin addict and said that he went 42 days without sleep.

Needless to say, he doesn't recommend it.
April 11th, 2005 09:41 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Billy Idol was talking in the new "Uncut" magazine about sleep deprivation when he was a heroin addict and said that he went 42 days without sleep.

i call "shennanigans!" on that cmoment by mr. idol.
April 11th, 2005 09:48 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
It's not possible.

I saw a documentary on a guy who did I think 5 days and wound up with brain damage.

He was radio announcer and was doing a marathon of some sort.

After four days he because a babbling, drooling mental patient.

He was never the same.

Maybe that explains Ronnie's playing since '76.

POST OF THE DAY..FANTASTIC
April 11th, 2005 09:49 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Billy Idol was talking in the new "Uncut" magazine about sleep deprivation when he was a heroin addict and said that he went 42 days without sleep.

BILLY IS STILL ONE OF THE COOLEST DUDES WALKIN THE PLANET..AND I HATE HIS MUSIC.
April 11th, 2005 10:03 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

i call "shennanigans!" on that cmoment by mr. idol.

indeed - 42 days without sleep while on heroin - bullshit - maybe he didn't go to bed for that long but if his smack was any good i'm sure he got plenty of rest while "on the nod"
April 11th, 2005 10:53 PM
Soldatti I read that the story is true for Keith, I don't know about Ronnie.
April 11th, 2005 11:21 PM
Child of the Moon Zeeta, that pic on your signature is just awesome!
April 12th, 2005 04:49 AM
marko Keith stayed up 9 days(if it was that) during Emotional Rescue project.
April 12th, 2005 05:25 AM
Gazza that might explain why the album was fucking terrible
April 12th, 2005 06:14 AM
Zeeta Emotional Rescue is a good album!
April 12th, 2005 06:31 AM
marko Half is very good,other half not.
April 12th, 2005 06:38 AM
Gazza
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Emotional Rescue is a good album!

I exaggerated for the sake of my previous one-liner, but compared to the absolute masterpiece they had put out before it, it was an incredible disappointment and a bit of a curio because at that time, they were in good form and should have been capable of releasing something better (and they did, some 14 months later)

Some of it is fine, but to me about half of it is substandard. The title track and Indian Girl are two songs I would be too embarrassed to play in anyone's company.

[Edited by Gazza]
April 12th, 2005 06:57 AM
Zeeta Emotional Rescue is not an embarrasing song man! They played it in a bar on Saturday in Leeds and everyone was loving it! I think it gets away with it because it's a 'lil but funky! However, Indian Girl is highly embarrassing!

Anyway back on topic I just found this interview which I've read somwhere else but its Keith talkin about the 9 day debacle! And it's actaully quite funny for Keith;

KEITH RICHARDS' NINE-DAY PARTY

ROLLING STONES guitarist KEITH RICHARDS once stayed awake for nine days - but claims he was simply too busy to sleep.

The wild-living HONKY TONK WOMAN performer was not trying to break any records, but found that life got more interesting the longer he stayed awake.

Richards explains, "It wasn't an attempt of anything. It just happened. It was all just so interesting. I had some good s***. People would come by after two or three days, good friends, and go, 'You're still up, aren't you?'

"But after three days, you see - and this is what's interesting - after three days you really go into, you're kind of looking from the ceiling at yourself and everything.

"You can get in the car and drive and be perfectly functional but, at the same time, you know that you're not quite there. But it's so fascinating."

The life-long rocker, who as a child was in a choir that performed for British monarch QUEEN ELIZABETH II, continues, "I had so much to do, man. I wanted to make these tapes and I was writing a letter to somebody that never made it. Y'know, 'Dear Sir, duh duh duh duh.' All nuts stuff. Making tapes. Friends coming by.

"It was only afterwards that I realised how long I'd been going. I kind of gave up counting.

"How it ended was, I was making a copy of a cassette and writing down every track and I was perfectly OK, I pushed down the record and play, turned round and bang! I caught my head on the edge of a speaker.

"Must have been asleep for a third of a second. JBL speakers, man, beware that brand! There was claret (blood) everywhere.

"It was then that my friends said, 'Keith, I think you'd better go to bed.'"

April 12th, 2005 07:40 AM
gotdablouse Funny story, sounds like times when Keith actually had something to do and wasn't too busy dissing other people.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood