ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tour news from Wyman! Return to archive
April 9th, 2005 07:54 AM
Flairville This has just been posted at Shidoobee by Iris;

From Bill Wymans Diary:

Tuesday, March 29, 2005
Just after 7:00pm I called Charlie Watts, who was packing for the next 9 months for the Rolling Stones tour.
April 9th, 2005 08:00 AM
Monkey Woman Thanks, but Hannalee already posted it here yesterday:

http://novogate.com/board/968/210155-3.html
April 9th, 2005 11:19 AM
corgi37 Isnt it sweet to know Charlie needs to pack and packs himself.

I bet Mick has some one do it, and i bet Keith just takes a carry-on bag. I mean, they got so much $$$$$$, why do they need to pack anything? They could get anything they want, no matter where they are.

"Shit, i forgot my socks!"

Yeah right.

P.S. They could alwasy buy on ebay!
April 9th, 2005 01:44 PM
kath why are they packing now??? charlie must be a verrry meticulous packer.....

he's got his own little wardrobe that he had specially designed for him. he never uses hotel closets....
April 9th, 2005 01:51 PM
glencar The tour will be over by Christmas at that rate!
April 9th, 2005 02:34 PM
iluvmickjagger07 charlie must be really excited to be packing so early
April 9th, 2005 02:43 PM
Soldatti Charlie is packing 5 months before of the tour? Interesting.
April 9th, 2005 02:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I bet Mick has some one do it, and i bet Keith just takes a carry-on bag. I mean, they got so much $$$$$$, why do they need to pack anything? They could get anything they want, no matter where they are.

Well there is such a thing as a normal connection to life. I don't think the Stones are immune to it.
April 9th, 2005 04:51 PM
kath charlie's yankin' wyman's chain.....
April 10th, 2005 06:01 AM
Jumping Jack Final touches on album and rehearsals soon?
April 10th, 2005 06:59 AM
corgi37 Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

"Well there is such a thing as a normal connection to life. I don't think the Stones are immune to it".

Er, you are joking, right? We are talking about the Stones here, not the Moody Blues.
April 10th, 2005 07:54 AM
Dutch Michael D. maybe charlie is flying to the states this week to work with the boys and do the tour rehearsels and anouncement... it's all beginning to roll now...so the album is almost finished ?
April 10th, 2005 01:50 PM
kath rehearsals start in june in toronto
April 10th, 2005 02:13 PM
Monkey Woman So if Charlie's packing right now, either he's very early or rather the Stones have some more work to do on the album and decided to use an American studio for a change. Word from Fourchette has it that the Stones want to finish the album in New York... Maybe it's no more than a rumor but it sounds serious. Wait and see (or listen!)
April 10th, 2005 02:16 PM
glencar
quote:
kath wrote:
rehearsals start in june in toronto

Source?
April 10th, 2005 02:21 PM
nankerphelge Doesn't Charlie's packing mean that the Stones are now mixing their album??

Just curious...
April 10th, 2005 04:56 PM
Gazza No..it would appear to indicate that the tour is due to start in the next few days

what a silly remark by Bill. packing for a tour that isnt due to start for at least four months....

maybe when he said Charlie was "packing", he meant it in the "Goodfellas" sense...
[Edited by Gazza]
April 10th, 2005 05:00 PM
Stray Cat UK Maybe he was just packing away the family silver before Wyman came around with his Metal Detector !
April 10th, 2005 05:13 PM
Jair Personally, i'm not much into in any Bill Wyman album.
I use to like but today I find them much...country, or whatever.

And, if some of you ever heard that japanese release named Stuff...damn, it highly sux!

The worse album i have, absolutely.

April 10th, 2005 09:58 PM
LadyJane
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Doesn't Charlie's packing mean that the Stones are now mixing their album??

Just curious...

Ask Zippy!!!

LJ.
April 10th, 2005 11:25 PM
corgi37 Comment of the thread so far goes to Stray Cat!

April 11th, 2005 02:46 AM
IanBillen IMO. I think Bill, Charlie, or someone has an idea that regulars check Bill Wymans site for a reference on current Stones activities.

I also think this is a little silly. Charlie may be packing to finish the album but to pack now for a tour that starts in August is not a reality.

Someone is toying with our heads just to keep us a little confused and of-coarse....still hanging in there.

Or. It may very well be just a comment of the fact that Charlie plans on touring with the Stones later this summer and he is gearing up for that and making arrangments with the band and their camp for such.

The latter of these two seems to be the most probable.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
April 11th, 2005 05:43 PM
kath
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kath wrote:
rehearsals start in june in toronto

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source?

made it up......
April 11th, 2005 10:21 PM
Soldatti Wyman's site is a good source for Stones activity, much better than the cash-in RS.com
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood