ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I don't know why? Return to archive
April 9th, 2005 01:13 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I love you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much

I love you

Can't you hear it babies?

I love you

Shit

We need it so bad... and I mean a tour but whatever gets here is cool

April 9th, 2005 01:17 AM
CraigP I love that song "I Don't Know Why" off of Metamorphosis.
April 9th, 2005 01:23 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl i LOVE IT TOOOOOOOOO

and I love you

all

I love me

keep rokcing everybody

Voodoo child boracasting from the beautiful "perla de occidente" Guadalajara Rocks
April 9th, 2005 01:35 AM
mac_daddy that tune is written by stevie wonder, right..? isnt that the one mick and keef were working on (whilst working on lib @ olympic) when they got the phone call re: brian's death..?

(edit for spelling)
[Edited by mac_daddy]
April 9th, 2005 07:33 AM
luxury1 wow--I never heard that story about that song.

Hey Voodoo--you were feelin the love last night, eh? Me too, although now I am paying that horrible price of a throbbing head and woozy stomach. But it was fun while it lasted
April 9th, 2005 07:34 AM
luxury1 wow--I never heard that story about that song.

Hey Voodoo--you were feelin the love last night, eh? Me too, although now I am paying that horrible price of a throbbing head and woozy stomach. But it was fun while it lasted
April 9th, 2005 11:41 AM
corgi37 Yeah, i heard that. Makes the song extra special.

Also explains why it was not on an official album. They probably never even thought of playing that song since.

April 9th, 2005 01:14 PM
glencar One of their best covers.
April 9th, 2005 02:05 PM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
that tune is written by stevie wonder, right..? isnt that the one mick and keef were working on (whilst working on lib @ olympic) when they got the phone call re: brian's death..?

yep..apparently so
April 10th, 2005 01:54 AM
stonedinaustralia they also did another wonder cover

loving you is sweeter than ever - its around on some boots (i have it the wonderfully named "Get the Fuck Out of Here") and not as finished as "don't know why" - a bit more up-tempo and a funkier - it moves like a great stones track should

imo the stones take of "i don't know why" is much more convincing than stevie's despite the fact he wrote it

for me the stones tone of that song is extremely dark and menacing - stevies vocals never find those malicious and sinister tones that come so easily to jagger - in order to make the vibe a bit "spookier" stevie goes for this (oddly medieaval) harpsichord(or perhaps clavinet) sound - but in some way it doesn't sound threatening - just a bit cheesy

April 10th, 2005 02:10 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
imo the stones take of "i don't know why" is much more convincing than stevie's despite the fact he wrote it

for me the stones tone of that song is extremely dark and menacing - stevies vocals never find those malicious and sinister tones that come so easily to jagger - in order to make the vibe a bit "spookier" stevie goes for this (oddly medieaval) harpsichord(or perhaps clavinet) sound - but in some way it doesn't sound threatening - just a bit cheesy

Yep. Wonder is such a nice, positive fella that his records ooze with kindness. I'm sure there are some exceptions, but his recording of "I don't know why" isn't one of them.

Also, he didn't have Mr Taylor around.
April 10th, 2005 03:10 AM
stonedinaustralia right on both counts i'd say Mr.P

even at his angriest, like "Living for the City" stevie comes across more disillusioned than pissed off - might not be the way he feels - but that's how it sounds to me

April 10th, 2005 07:06 AM
corgi37 To quote Eddie Murphy re: Stevie Wonder.

"You wanna impress me, motherfucker?

Take the wheel for awhile".
April 10th, 2005 03:17 PM
Jair That has the first Stones record I bought. The single "I don't know why/Try a little harder". I was too young and had no money to buy an album.

Loved the story about that phone call. I didnt know it but, look that, in my mind, the day that I buy Metamorphosis I will die.

Thats why i never bought it, my wife gave me as a gift last year.
But now, this year I'm too tired and I just ordered it from Amazon. Let's see if I will die or not.

April 10th, 2005 10:02 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Jair wrote:
But now, this year I'm too tired and I just ordered it from Amazon. Let's see if I will die or not.

Please let us know...
April 10th, 2005 11:14 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
To quote Eddie Murphy re: Stevie Wonder.

"You wanna impress me, motherfucker?

Take the wheel for awhile".

MOTHERFUCKIN STEVIE WONDER JOKES AND SHIT!
April 10th, 2005 11:22 PM
corgi37 "Then, the brothers go motherfucking crazy".

(Deep booming voice)
"Hey! I heard that! Cut that shit out! Stevie Wonder is a motherfucking genious".
April 12th, 2005 08:23 AM
Jair
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Please let us know...

I'm trying to figure out how...I will find a way...
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood