ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The new album will be good? Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 9th, 2005 09:36 PM
Bob Tamp I hope it will be very good. I think Jagger has not lost anything when it comes to writing. I thought the acoustic Blinding Leading the Blind was fantastic. The problem with Jagger is that he likes to over produce. If Jagger can write lyrics, and Richards can put on the raggedness, we should get a fairly good album.
April 9th, 2005 11:15 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
I hope it will be very good. I think Jagger has not lost anything when it comes to writing. I thought the acoustic Blinding Leading the Blind was fantastic. The problem with Jagger is that he likes to over produce. If Jagger can write lyrics, and Richards can put on the raggedness, we should get a fairly good album.

That's the ideal combination ... the one that gave us "Too Tight" and "Had it With You" and ... If we get 11 or 12 of those, 2005 will be a very happy year.
April 10th, 2005 12:41 PM
84 Dave Bold Prediction:

IT WILL SUCK!
They quit caring about the music and the fans a long, long time ago.
[Edited by 84 Dave]
April 10th, 2005 04:32 PM
Jair
quote:
84 Dave wrote:
Bold Prediction:
IT WILL SUCK!
They quit caring about the music and the fans a long, long time ago.
[Edited by 84 Dave]

The problem is right that: they don't care any longer about music or fans.

See Neil Young, on the other hand: he is a honest guy, he says what thinks (and do the same about his songs), he is actually an ARTIST.

Mick jagger is just a cynical singing alot of crap. What make the band great is the whole idea, is Keith & Charlie, the story about drugs, Altamont, the longevity, the myth.

Maybe is time the guys simple ending the band, while is time, or otherwise they can finish like Elvis, singing to old ladies in Vegas.

April 10th, 2005 08:24 PM
MrPleasant I couldn't care less if Jagger sings about cheap champagne and he's never opened a bottle of Cava, as long as the musical backbone is decent.

Good hooks and good riffs; I want 'em.
April 10th, 2005 08:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jair wrote:
otherwise they can finish like Elvis, singing to old ladies in Vegas.

myth

Elvis DID tour most of the year, every year for the last 7 years of his life. This "he only played Las Vegas" mentality is nonsense.

He toured himself into the ground year-in, year-out.. In fact throughout the whole of 1976 and up until his death in August 1977, he only played one season of two weeks in length in Las Vegas, in late 1976.

His audience were sure as hell no older (and most probably younger) than the Stones' one has been for much of the last couple of tours.
April 10th, 2005 08:46 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Jair wrote:
What make the band great is the whole idea, (...) the myth.

Another myth. What makes them great is the music.
April 10th, 2005 10:41 PM
Soldatti They are a nostalgia act, with a new kick ass album or not.
April 11th, 2005 04:17 AM
IanBillen
Jair wrote:

"The problem is right that: they don't care any longer about music or fans."

__________________________________________________________________________________

Well that is really not so true Jair. They know very much who they are. They also know fans love them, and love to critique them as well. They are VERY consciencious about their reputation (even though at times they may of made slight boo-boo's) and want they try to satisfy themselves and at the the same time also try to satisfy their fan base. Some times on certain things they do not pay that much attention to. And at times it has been a negative reaction for them. Not to mention no group has been flawless in their material or decisions. But the ones they know for sure we will be all over they give alot of consideration.

Ian
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood