ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NO SECURITY QUESTION Return to archive
April 7th, 2005 11:30 PM
BILL PERKS WHAT THE FUCK DOES MICK SAY AT THE START TO SITER MORPHINE?
April 7th, 2005 11:49 PM
Madafaka 'Here I lie in my hospital bed'
April 8th, 2005 02:16 AM
chrisloc "Joshua Redman!
Yoo!
Yeah, we're gonna slow it down a little bit now
And we're gonna do something you've been waiting for
In this glorified tram shed
This one's called Sister Morphine"

Christian
April 8th, 2005 05:07 AM
egon i thought he said

"and the next song is going to be on our new shitty live album"

That's what I though he said....
April 8th, 2005 05:09 AM
Gazza well..you're both right

the 'tram shed' in question was of course the Amsterdam ArenA
[Edited by Gazza]
April 8th, 2005 07:45 AM
corgi37 God, i wish i never wasted my money on that cd. The cover was a dead give away to what lay inside.

And, how odd. The Stones have released 2 live albums in a row.

The old creativity well has certainly been dry these past 8 years.

Not counting 40 licks.

And, i am not counting it.
April 8th, 2005 08:08 AM
BILL PERKS I THINK THIS RECORD IS GREAT..ITS NOT YA YA'S, BUT ITS WHAT THEY DO NOW.GREAT TRACK SELECTION.
April 8th, 2005 08:12 AM
JumpingKentFlash You tell 'em Perks. NS rocks. Very good one. Great versions of WOAF, OOC, TLT, YGMR, CC, SM..........Heck. Most of them are good. Theif In The Night bores me on this one though. But bad??? No fucking way..
April 8th, 2005 08:44 AM
Gazza I was teasin' about it being 'shitty'.

I havent listened to it in ages, but its not bad. The two BTB songs from Buenos Aires are excellent, especially Out of Control (which was a major highlight of that entire tour and ample proof that even in their latter years, the Stones CAN write and perform new songs that their audience can really get into). "Respectable" rocks like a bastard too.

I liked the fact that it wasnt a "Hot Rocks friendly" track listing. It didnt do the sales any good, though. Mind you, compared to the Live Licks venture, it looks like a piece of marketing genius
April 8th, 2005 11:55 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I was teasin' about it being 'shitty'.

I havent listened to it in ages, but its not bad. The two BTB songs from Buenos Aires are excellent, especially Out of Control (which was a major highlight of that entire tour and ample proof that even in their latter years, the Stones CAN write and perform new songs that their audience can really get into). "Respectable" rocks like a bastard too.

I liked the fact that it wasnt a "Hot Rocks friendly" track listing. It didnt do the sales any good, though. Mind you, compared to the Live Licks venture, it looks like a piece of marketing genius

I agree, loved the No Security album as a die hard fan, great versions of some lesser played tunes. OOC is fantastic specifically, and i also like Sister Morphine a lot too.
April 8th, 2005 01:00 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I THINK THIS RECORD IS GREAT..ITS NOT YA YA'S, BUT ITS WHAT THEY DO NOW.GREAT TRACK SELECTION.

I agree. The track selection is what makes this live release so cool. Its sans all the war horses that ate up and ruined Live Licks & Flashpoint.

I'd much prefer the Stones novices out there to buy No Security and get hip to songs like Sister Morphine, Thief, Respectable etc than buy one of the greatest hits collections. For that reason, I'm glad its out there.
April 8th, 2005 01:10 PM
Mel Belli "No Security" is solid all the way through, good performances, good mix of album tracks and new ones - definitely the best since "Ya Yas," like Keith, ever the optimist, said. For once he was right.
April 8th, 2005 01:17 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The two BTB songs from Buenos Aires are excellent, especially Out of Control...

Thank you Gazza, my voice appears in that song
April 8th, 2005 09:18 PM
Soldatti My voice too.
April 8th, 2005 10:11 PM
Gazza Ok Ok..when you modest Argies are finished telling us what great singers you all are, maybe you can go and find the audience recordings of the 4 'missing' Buenos Aires shows somewhere

Apart from the 30th March show that was broadcast on TeLeFe, we've nothing from the other four shows.

I cant believe that out of a crowd of over 50,000 at each show, that no one recorded them or made a copy for anyone! Its very frustrating as a collector, especially as the 30th March show is so fantastic and the two officially released songs from the 4th April are so good too.

And when you find THESE shows, your next mission will be to locate the missing 1995 Voodoo lounge shows as well!
April 8th, 2005 10:19 PM
Soldatti I tried to find the show of April 4, 1998 everywhere with no luck. That show and the first of 1995 were the best of the story of this country.
April 9th, 2005 08:20 AM
John Wood No Security gets more spins in my cd player than Live Licks. The only thing that saves LL's is the guitar sounds nice separation and up front sound although the guitars should be dirtier. Next tour? I doubt it.
April 9th, 2005 11:22 AM
corgi37 Maybe i aint feeling it.

To me, i've had better turkeys in a sandwich than the turkey i consider No Security to be.
April 9th, 2005 11:43 AM
Madafaka Yeah Gazza, you're right. Is something incredible! I think is impossible that NODOBY hasn't recorded these shows!

Marcelo Quatraro and Estela (Banquete de Pordioseros) told me approx. three moths ago that they know who has recorded these shows and that person didn't sell them.
Maybe Gerardo knows something.
April 10th, 2005 12:40 PM
Bruno Stone Nobody mentioned Gimme Shelter, killer version in No Security.
April 10th, 2005 02:19 PM
glencar What about Memory Motel? I know people hate Dave Matthews but look past him.
April 10th, 2005 03:20 PM
Gazza Lots of great versions of that song on that tour.

Pity they chose to release THAT one.
April 10th, 2005 03:22 PM
Jair
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
WHAT THE FUCK DOES MICK SAY AT THE START TO SITER MORPHINE?

Jair, you bastard, why i didnt see you in the backstage you fuck!!!
April 10th, 2005 10:15 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
What about Memory Motel? I know people hate Dave Matthews but look past him.

Dreadful version. Why not Memory Motel from Argentina? The crowd sang all the song...
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood