ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Benny Hill vs Monty Python (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 5th, 2005 06:02 PM
SheRat Their songs are hilARIOUS. I recommend everyone downloading them and enjoying their Paul Young-esque goodness.
[Edited by SheRat]
April 5th, 2005 06:15 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Does anyone here remember the show 'Allo 'Allo??? Set in war-time France. I always thought this was hilarious.

April 5th, 2005 07:50 PM
Sir Stonesalot Python.

Followed by The Young Ones.

Unlike most Python fans...I like "Life Of Brian" a tad more than "Holy Grail". In this age of "The Passion", can you even imagine the uproar that "Life Of Brian" would incite if it were released now?!

April 5th, 2005 09:44 PM
MrPleasant "Life of Brian" is good, but less hilarious, IMO. (There aren't many crazy gags by comparison, and, most importantly, the rhythm isn't quite up to Grail's.)

Still, it's a matter of taste (and, dunno, sociological interests? ).
April 5th, 2005 10:19 PM
SheRat
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Python.

Followed by The Young Ones.

Unlike most Python fans...I like "Life Of Brian" a tad more than "Holy Grail". In this age of "The Passion", can you even imagine the uproar that "Life Of Brian" would incite if it were released now?!

I like Life of Brian better too. Esp. the part where they're all yelling at each other about whether they're in the Judean People's Front or the People's Front of Judea. LMAO.

One thing: If RO is Benny Hill, and The Lotus Couch is Python, that can only mean one thing:

The ROCC is ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!! Whooo-hoooo!

(ceptin' I don't think we have a Saffy in our midst in the ROCC)
[Edited by SheRat]
April 5th, 2005 11:09 PM
glencar I like "The Passion of the Christ" & yet I also thought
life of Brian was hugely funny. Grail bored me, quite frankly.
April 9th, 2005 06:49 AM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:
though. Now, it's "Little Britain"

i just borrowed the 1st series from a (british) friend of mine.
very funny stuff, though they borrow a lot from league of gentlemen & the fast show.

most of my french friends do not understand any of these shows....
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood