ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill Wyman and Ron Wood at Liz Jagger's 21st b-day party Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
April 7th, 2005 03:12 PM
IanBillen [quote]Gazza wrote:
er..there's a big difference between it being "completed" and being "released", I would think, Ian....

And you are right. I notioned that the album would be released then. Many said that wasn't a possibility and I argued that fact. However, more importantly this album is a complete mystery. Here it is April and we really don't have a clue about it.

And I do feel bad. Monkey Woman (<<
I hope I can make it up by delivering a short, yet very, very meaninful and beautiful Birthday song for her from all of us:
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Elizabeth. Happy Birthday to you.
Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
April 7th, 2005 04:42 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
And I do feel bad. Monkey Woman (<<

No need to feel bad, Ian. There, let me hug you.
April 7th, 2005 09:30 PM
Soldatti
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
However, more importantly this album is a complete mystery. Here it is April and we really don't have a clue about it.

It's always the same, we didn't know nothing during the 2002 sessions and between May and August of that year we had many rumours like a complete new album, a complete greatest hits, a 3 CD's set called "Warhorses" and more bullshit. We will know from Mick's mouth at the press conference.
April 8th, 2005 01:20 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

No need to feel bad, Ian. There, let me hug you.

Ahhhhh, Now I will have a good night.

Ian
April 8th, 2005 04:39 AM
IanBillen [quote]Soldatti wrote:

It's always the same, we didn't know nothing during the 2002 sessions and between May and August of that year we had many rumours like a complete new album, a complete greatest hits, a 3 CD's set called "Warhorses" and more bullshit. We will know from Mick's mouth at the press conference.

Yeah, I see what you are saying there. But at that time we were not really sure what they were going to do.

Now, we know for sure they are working on an album and have been for a long while. With that, it seems we are still in the dark on exactly what they are doing and when? We really have no idea when they started to write or record this or positively where? We know Micks place is the hot spot which makes this album more of a question mark because as of right now, there has been no mention of any specific recording studio's that have been used. In 94 we knew they were in Ireland and then at the studio. In 97 we heard they were at a studio in LA. Now we hear they are doing the album at Micks. Which is different in itself yet they have spent little time there with everyone present at the very same time.

In 94 and 97 they spent much more time it seems with everyone together at one place including all the additional musicians.

Now it is a combination of select people on any given week.

Quite unusual at least in my eyes.

Ian
April 8th, 2005 01:23 PM
Hannalee Some interesting snippets from Bill's latest diary update, including this from 29th March:
Just after 7:00pm I called Charlie Watts, who was packing for the next 9 months for the Rolling Stones tour.

It also appears that Keith wasn't too busy recording/composing/being-the-life-and-soul-of-the-Stones to attend Jo Wood's 50th birthday party.
April 8th, 2005 09:23 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Hannalee wrote:
Some interesting snippets from Bill's latest diary update, including this from 29th March:
Just after 7:00pm I called Charlie Watts, who was packing for the next 9 months for the Rolling Stones tour.

mmm, 9 months?
I smell a kind of stadium tour...
Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood