ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bill Wyman and Ron Wood at Liz Jagger's 21st b-day party Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
April 2nd, 2005 12:32 PM
Monkey Woman Posted by Stonesdoug on Shidoobee:

http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=10841.topic

quote:
Bill at Lizzie's 21st Birthday party originally posted by Steve C on UC
from Bill WYman's diary

At 9:15pm Bob Geldof arrived & picked us up. We then drove to Hampton Court to attend Elizabeth Jagger's 21st birthday party. We arrived just after 10:00pm & joined the celebrations. People there included: Bob Geldof, Jeanne-Marine & Pixie, Jerry Hall, Elizabeth, Gabriel Jagger, Mick Jagger & his girlfriend, Alan Dunn, Caroline Clements, Matt Clifford, Bernard Fowler, Chris Jagger, Pete Townshend, Val Kilmer, James Deardon, Ronnie Wood, Jo Wood, Jamie Wood, Jessie Wood & Leah Wood, Desmond Guinness, Daphnie Guinness, Nicky Haslam, the Rolling Stones bass player, & Sean Lennon. We chatted to most everyone during the evening, & I had a nice chat with actor Val Kilmer, who I'd never met before. We finally left & Bob drove us home, where we arrived at about 2:00am. We got off to bed by 2:30am

So we have friends and family of the Jaggers, including Jerry Hall, Sean Lennon (still Lizzie's boyfriend?), Ron Wood and family, and probably Darryl Jones "the RS bass player". Note that Jerry and L'wren, Mick's current girlfriend, were both there!
April 2nd, 2005 12:44 PM
Nellcote HA!
I love that line, "the Rolling Stones bass player"
But, Wyman is still happy trolling about the woods
of the UK with his metal detector looking for old
medallions, right?
April 2nd, 2005 02:12 PM
IanBillen
Once again to all the folks that complain Keith is the lazy one of the bunch over the past 8 years:

-Notice once again who is no where to be found-

The proof is in the pudding...Keith may not push the Stones to record an album as much as he used to(because he knows now he and Mick have an agreement>> No pushing by Keith means Jagger gives a full go at it when it is time.)

But when it is time to get down to work....Keith certainly has always been the one to put the most work into the studio.

Gee look at The Bridges sessions. Keith was even sleeping at the studio and working on songs night and day. Look at then. Look at now. We all know where he is and what he's doing.

I really do not understand what people want from him.

Ian
April 2nd, 2005 03:11 PM
Gazza Some music once every few years would be nice for starters

"We all know" where he is and what he's doing? What a load of balls.

BTW, Charlie wasnt there either.

Maybe the two of them dont care much for those type of parties? Just a thought...

[Edited by Gazza]
April 2nd, 2005 04:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Some music once every few years would be nice for starters

that would help.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
April 3rd, 2005 01:28 AM
IanBillen [quote]Gazza wrote:
Some music once every few years would be nice for starters

"We all know" where he is and what he's doing? What a load of balls.

BTW, Charlie wasnt there either.

Maybe the two of them dont care much for those type of parties? Just a thought...

Well Keith hasn't been spotted for weeks and weeks now: no parties, no special events, not for a long, long, while. All the others have been doing other things here and there which is fine I suppose(except for maybe Charlie but even he has been around much more than Keith). I am pretty sure the guy is working. What eles would he be doing these days? Sitting at home in Conneticut reading a book? The new Rolling Stones album is currently in recording progress. That isn't that hard to figure. I'm sure the reason for his complete absence lately is because he's focusing on that.

What music do you want from him? Do you mean solo efforts?

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
April 3rd, 2005 08:52 AM
Gazza any fucking music. he's only HAD eight years after all!

Oh, I forgot about "Losing My Touch" (0r at least I've tried to). The sum total of Keith's creative output in eight years.

The hardest working man in showbusiness!
April 3rd, 2005 09:06 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
I am pretty sure the guy is working. What eles would he be doing these days? Sitting at home in Conneticut reading a book?

Well he might be out drinking, or in drinking. Maybe he's on a good long drunk. No just kiddin', he wouldn't do anything like that.
April 3rd, 2005 09:11 AM
Monkey Woman Charlie has been on record several times to say he didn't like cocktail parties, going out at night, etc. As for Keith, he's also the kind to sit at home with a book, or hang out with friends at the bar. See that thread for instance
http://novogate.com/board/968/210141-1.html
Granted, Keith rarely goes to the kind of high-profile party that Mick enjoys. But last week, it was Theodora Richards' 20th birthday, with a at the family estate in Jamaica and then another one in New York. See Shidoobee for more details:
http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=10823.topic
Keith wasn't mentioned in the article but we can suppose he spent some time with his kids on the occasion.
We know from our "spies" in France that Mick, Keith, Charlie and Darryl spent a week at Mick's home recently but then left, headed for UK and the States. Mick was photographed in London having lunch with Michael Cohl (see the Superblow thread ) and rumours have been that Mick, Keith and Cohl are to gather in New York sometimes soon for business talk.
So I guess both Mick and Keith believe in not exerting themselves too much when they are not on tour!
April 3rd, 2005 10:08 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Granted, Keith rarely goes to the kind of high-profile party that Mick enjoys

this is a joke, right..?

that is kind of like saying he doesn't like having his picture taken...

there arent too many hollywood party invitations that he and patti turn down when they are in town...

and i, too, loved the line about "the rolling stones' bass player." classic.
April 3rd, 2005 12:47 PM
Monkey Woman mac-daddy wrote:
quote:

quote:
Granted, Keith rarely goes to the kind of high-profile party that Mick enjoys

this is a joke, right..?

that is kind of like saying he doesn't like having his picture taken...

there arent too many hollywood party invitations that he and patti turn down when they are in town...

I didn't intend it as a joke, maybe I should have said that we hear less about Keith going to parties in the mainstream media, which shows that:
a) Keith is less often in Hollywood
b) the papparazzi treat Mick as a higher-profile case
c) Keith is more clever than Mick in managing to look and sound uninterested by media attention
d) all of the above!

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
April 3rd, 2005 04:40 PM
IanBillen [quote]Monkey Woman wrote:
Charlie has been on record several times to say he didn't like cocktail parties, going out at night, etc. As for Keith, he's also the kind to sit at home with a book, or hang out with friends at the bar. See that thread for instance
http://novogate.com/board/968/210141-1.html
Granted, Keith rarely goes to the kind of high-profile party that Mick enjoys. But last week, it was Theodora Richards' 20th birthday, with a at the family estate in Jamaica and then another one in New York. See Shidoobee for more details:
http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=10823.topic
Keith wasn't mentioned in the article but we can suppose he spent some time with his kids on the occasion.
We know from our "spies" in France that Mick, Keith, Charlie and Darryl spent a week at Mick's home recently but then left, headed for UK and the States. Mick was photographed in London having lunch with Michael Cohl (see the Superblow thread ) and rumours have been that Mick, Keith and Cohl are to gather in New York sometimes soon for business talk.
So I guess both Mick and Keith believe in not exerting themselves too much when they are not on tour!

Monky Women,

Certainly No Offense at all inteneded but:

This thread doesn't show us really any proof of anything as you make it seem.

*Show me the photo of Mick and Michael Cohl recently.

*You are assuming that Keith is in Jamaica with his daughters. The thread never says anything about Keith being there. I think if Keith was there this thredder would of surely mentioned it. After all...the only reason they are in the public eye is because of their dad right?

*So what, Keith likes Sheppard Pie. That doesn't have anything to do with him not being around for the past some odd months....

Do you think he has been holding those Sheppard Pie makers captive for the past four months with an AK-47 while he continues to stuff his face with their pies?

*"So I guess both Mick and Keith believe in not exerting themselves too much when they are not on tour! "

We never were argueing that the Stones are not active during their time off from the band. We are just trying to get to the bottum of Keiths creative output and what he's been doing lately since he has been totally out of site.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
April 3rd, 2005 04:53 PM
any fucking music. he's only HAD eight years after all!

Oh, I forgot about "Losing My Touch" (0r at least I've tried to). The sum total of Keith's creative output in eight years.

The hardest working man in showbusiness!

Take Mick for instance:

Mick had was a lousy solo album and a silly Alfie soundtrack. To some it may of been better enough not to do those. Some think it was more an embarrasement than anything eles.

And you mention Losing My Touch as if Keith had nothing to do with the other numbers on Forty Licks.
What about Don't Stop, Stealing my Heart, Keys to your Love.
When they say Mick wrote these songs that certainly doesn't mean Keith had no input. I am sure Keith filled in the gaps and was a partner in the writing process as he always has been. Mick just may of had the basic form down but it may not of gelled without Keith.

My, Gazza. You sure are not impressed with Keith Richards.

I think you will be surprised when the new album comes out and down the road you'll read in interviews all the input Keith is doing right now. Even more than the rest!

Remember this fact:
When it is time to work on a Stones album NOBODY works harder and puts in more time than Keith. That is yesterday and today.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
April 3rd, 2005 05:48 PM
Gazza >I see your perfectly fine with the other Stones

Hardly. How long have you been reading my posts here,Ian? Christ almighty, LOL. I'm hardly a cheerleader, lets face it.

>Take Mick for instance:
Mick had a lousy solo album

personal opinion. Its still better than sitting in his basement studio drinking himself into oblivion occasionally making music no one is ever going to hear

>and a silly Alfie soundtrack.

ditto.

>To some it may of been better enough not to do those. Some think it was more an embarrasement than anything eles.

I'd say at least it shows the guy is creative and active. Keith's released output in the last DECADE is 7 songs. The only one of them that's been released in the last seven years made the "Alfie" soundtrack sound like "Exile On Main Street" by comparison.

>And you mention Losing My Touch as if Keith had nothing to do with the other numbers on Forty Licks.

He didnt

>What about Don't Stop, Stealing my Heart, Keys to your Love.

what about them?

>When they say Mick wrote these songs that certainly doesn't mean Keith had no input. I am sure Keith filled in the gaps and was a partner in the writing process as he always has been.

He probably didnt and he hasnt been.

>Mick just may of had the basic form down but it may not of gelled without Keith.

Not necessarily true. Most Stones songs written in the last 30 plus years have been written entirely or almost entirely by EITHER Mick or Keith, rarely do they collaborate and compose together from scratch. Everyone knows that (or so I thought) They might bounce a few ideas off each other in the studio when recording regarding arrangements and the odd lyric change, but generally a song is by one of them or the other.

>My, Gazza. You sure are not impressed with Keith Richards.

Not lately, no. But I do live in the real world. You may pay lip service to this notion of Keith being the guy who doesnt care about making shitloads of cash, who is always working, who lives for "the road" and all that nonsense. The facts dont add up as far as I'm concerned. Keith's creative output in the last decade has been next to zero and in the Stones downtime he plays less frequently than anyone else in the rest of the band

>I think you will be surprised when the new album comes out and down the road you'll read in interviews all the input Keith is doing right now. Even more than the rest!

I dont doubt he's currently working on the new album, but so fucking what? Its taken him long enough to remove his digit from his ass and be creative. Are we supposed to bow down with thanks? Are you suggesting that because someone else goes to their kid's birthday party that they're not committed to making a record whilst poor old Keith has locked himself into the studio 24 hours a friggin' day? Sure....

>Remember this fact:
When it is time to work on a Stones album NOBODY works harder and puts in more time than Keith. That is yesterday and today.

its not a "fact", Ian. It's your OPINION. And THAT's a fact.

Historically, Keith has been my favourite Stone and probably still is, but he's disappointed me in many ways in recent years - not just due to his lack of creativity, but with his increasingly tedious, attention-seeking public bitching at Mick to the press and the breakdown in his relationship with Ronnie at a time when his fellow bandmate was trying to wean himself off an alcohol habit that was threatening to kill him. Freezing the guy out socially when he cant be the drinking buddy he used to be is incredibly self centred and childish. It's hardly an ideal way to maintain good relationships within the band, especially for a guy for whom we're led to believe the band is the most important thing in his life.

[Edited by Gazza]
April 3rd, 2005 06:10 PM
winter Ian,

It would be nice if Keith would actually play his guitar this tour instead of using it as some sort of prop while he makes gestures and sings.

To suggest that Keith is the hard working one in the band these days is out of touch with reality. He may be (or have been) the heart and soul of the band, but he is increasingly becoming a mockery of what he once was.

Don't get me wrong, the guy is my rock-n-roll idol (and in his prime, there was no one cooler), but if anyone in the band has "lost it" over the past 10 years, it's Keith.

Mick's voice is stronger than ever, and he is in amazing shape for a man of his age - the best front man ever, period. Charlie, is, well, Charlie - god bless his drum playing soul. And Ronnie, while inconsistent, was in the best form he has been in years.

Keith is, and has been, my rock-n-roll idol for the better part of 25 years (since I was 9), but I have no delusions about the state of affairs today. I still love the man for the significance of what he was and what he represents(ed), but I am just being realistic at this point.

I hope that I am proved wrong this album/tour, and Keith plays his ass of, but honestly, I have my doubts.

wintah
April 3rd, 2005 06:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
winter wrote:
It would be nice if Keith would actually play his guitar this tour instead of using it as some sort of prop while he makes gestures and sings.

To suggest that Keith is the hard working one in the band these days is out of touch with reality. He may be (or have been) the heart and soul of the band, but he is increasingly becoming a mockery of what he once was.

Yeah, but look at his hands. Lesser men would have quit a long time ago.

April 3rd, 2005 06:27 PM
winter TTM - I don't disagree. The man's hands are in rough shape. I am glad he is still up there on stage in some form, but I am justing being reaslistic about his skills, and unfortunately, his effort, these days.

He doesn't have to do blinding leads (he never did), I just want him to play the frickin thing best he can.

Also, give me a keith rocker this album - just one.

wintah
April 3rd, 2005 06:51 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
winter wrote:
Ian,

Don't get me wrong, the guy is my rock-n-roll idol (and in his prime, there was no one cooler), but if anyone in the band has "lost it" over the past 10 years, it's Keith.

Mick's voice is stronger than ever, and he is in amazing shape for a man of his age - the best front man ever, period. Charlie, is, well, Charlie - god bless his drum playing soul. And Ronnie, while inconsistent, was in the best form he has been in years.

Keith is, and has been, my rock-n-roll idol for the better part of 25 years (since I was 9), but I have no delusions about the state of affairs today. I still love the man for the significance of what he was and what he represents(ed), but I am just being realistic at this point.

I hope that I am proved wrong this album/tour, and Keith plays his ass of, but honestly, I have my doubts.

wintah

Wintah and Gazza, my thoughts exactly!

It's hard sometimes to seperate nostalgia/the bigger picture and this day's reality. He's been our hero since we were kids, for most of us anyway, but still I can acknowledge the fact that he has probably been the one in worst state these last few years, musically for sure. Compare him to Mick, and it's even more obvious. That hurts to say, but I won't close my eyes to it. Never will.

For me it's really time they deliver as a band (including Keith) -and deliver strong-, or call it quits. No more in-betweens or they're gonna hurt their legacy, and I don't want them to be remembered as a sad, mediocre karaoke-band of sagging old farts. I think they can still do it if they kick each other hard in the ass, so they'd better!
April 3rd, 2005 06:56 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
winter wrote:
Also, give me a keith rocker this album - just one.
wintah

You just reminded me of Keith doing that song "Take it So Hard" on the Palladium DVD. It just doesn't get any better than that....he IS THE ROCK STAR. The Prototype.

April 3rd, 2005 07:16 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
For me it's really time they deliver as a band (including Keith) -and deliver strong-, or call it quits. No more in-betweens or they're gonna hurt their legacy, and I don't want them to be remembered as a sad, mediocre karaoke-band of sagging old farts. I think they can still do it if they kick each other hard in the ass, so they'd better!

The rat couldn't have said it more eloquently as he deserted the sinking ship.
April 3rd, 2005 07:22 PM
Angiegirl I love drama
April 3rd, 2005 07:33 PM
Bob Tamp I still love Keith, but Gazza is right. What has Keith done?

April 3rd, 2005 08:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Back In Business

Breakin' out, about to shout
Feel the need for one more round
Don't you struggle, don't try to bite
You want some trouble, I'm the king of vice
I'm a wreckin' ball, I'm a stingin' knife
Steal your money, gonna take your life
You got screamin' murder, lock up your door
Double dealin' gotta have more
Call me dirty, trash my name
Just tell (the? my?) boys that I'm gonna be

CHORUS:
Back in business again
Back in business again
Back in business again
Back in business again

(Back in business)

Flesh and blood, I'm a rag 'n' bone
Bad luck message on the telephone
Don't you worry, play my game
I'll do you a favor, put your soul for sale
Like a cannon ball, goin' down the track
Need good lovin' but I want it back
I was born in trouble, they gave up on me
Teacher preachin' what not to be
Call me dirty, trash my name
Just tell my boys that I'm gonna be

REPEAT CHORUS

Solo

REPEAT CHORUS (twice)

April 3rd, 2005 08:23 PM
texile i love this guy....
but i agree gazza: his public rants against mick, seeming aloof about ronnie's drinking problems.......
it's nothing new - keith has always been a bit juvenile and self-absorbed, and people have let him;
in many ways, i respect mick more - he's never trashed keith, and while keith criticized mick's lifestyle in the 70s with bianca - it was mick who held the stones together.
yeah, maybe mick was at studio54, but what the fuck was keith doing? we wouldn't have had black and blue, it's only rock and roll, or goats head soup -
people wonder why those albums sound so different than any other stones: it's the sound of keith in a coma;
mick kept his shit together even when his shit hit the fan and kept the stones on top at the same time.
keith was cool before he started to believe his own mythology.
April 3rd, 2005 08:35 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
texile wrote:
keith was cool before he started to believe his own mythology.

Whether Keith believes it or not is neither here nor there really. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. Maybe he does some days, maybe he doesn't on some other days. That doesn't change the fact that he IS what defines..."rock star". For now and forever. Him and Elvis are the FACT!
April 3rd, 2005 08:57 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

The proof is in the pudding...

no it's not!!

it's "the proof of the pudding is in the eating"

sorry if i come across as some english language pedant (well i'm not really)- but these things grate on my nerves and while i guess that's my problem i couldn't help myself but make the off topic observation

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
April 3rd, 2005 09:31 PM
>I see your perfectly fine with the other Stones

Hardly. How long have you been reading my posts here,Ian? Christ almighty, LOL. I'm hardly a cheerleader, lets face it.

>Take Mick for instance:
Mick had a lousy solo album

personal opinion. Its still better than sitting in his basement studio drinking himself into oblivion occasionally making music no one is ever going to hear

>and a silly Alfie soundtrack.

ditto.

>To some it may of been better enough not to do those. Some think it was more an embarrasement than anything eles.

I'd say at least it shows the guy is creative and active. Keith's released output in the last DECADE is 7 songs. The only one of them that's been released in the last seven years made the "Alfie" soundtrack sound like "Exile On Main Street" by comparison.

>And you mention Losing My Touch as if Keith had nothing to do with the other numbers on Forty Licks.

He didnt

>What about Don't Stop, Stealing my Heart, Keys to your Love.

what about them?

>When they say Mick wrote these songs that certainly doesn't mean Keith had no input. I am sure Keith filled in the gaps and was a partner in the writing process as he always has been.

He probably didnt and he hasnt been.

>Mick just may of had the basic form down but it may not of gelled without Keith.

Not necessarily true. Most Stones songs written in the last 30 plus years have been written entirely or almost entirely by EITHER Mick or Keith, rarely do they collaborate and compose together from scratch. Everyone knows that (or so I thought) They might bounce a few ideas off each other in the studio when recording regarding arrangements and the odd lyric change, but generally a song is by one of them or the other.

>My, Gazza. You sure are not impressed with Keith Richards.

Not lately, no. But I do live in the real world. You may pay lip service to this notion of Keith being the guy who doesnt care about making shitloads of cash, who is always working, who lives for "the road" and all that nonsense. The facts dont add up as far as I'm concerned. Keith's creative output in the last decade has been next to zero and in the Stones downtime he plays less frequently than anyone else in the rest of the band

>I think you will be surprised when the new album comes out and down the road you'll read in interviews all the input Keith is doing right now. Even more than the rest!

I dont doubt he's currently working on the new album, but so fucking what? Its taken him long enough to remove his digit from his ass and be creative. Are we supposed to bow down with thanks? Are you suggesting that because someone else goes to their kid's birthday party that they're not committed to making a record whilst poor old Keith has locked himself into the studio 24 hours a friggin' day? Sure....

>Remember this fact:

Historically, Keith has been my favourite Stone and probably still is, but he's disappointed me in many ways in recent years - not just due to his lack of creativity, but with his increasingly tedious, attention-seeking public bitching at Mick to the press and the breakdown in his relationship with Ronnie at a time when his fellow bandmate was trying to wean himself off an alcohol habit that was threatening to kill him. Freezing the guy out socially when he cant be the drinking buddy he used to be is incredibly self centred and childish. It's hardly an ideal way to maintain good relationships within the band, especially for a guy for whom we're led to believe the band is the most important thing in his life.

Gazza,

And you mention Losing My Touch as if Keith had nothing to do with the other numbers on Forty Licks.

He didnt

*How on earth do you know that? None of us really totally know.
We were not there in the studio with them. And simply because someone says "well that is a Mick song or that one was written by Mick" doesn't mean Mick wrote every hook, line, and lyric as well as every guitar part. It just means the premise and basis of the track was intitiated and formed by Mick.

*Not hardly Gazza,
I am going by what the folks said that actually were there working on the projects themselves. What other facts do you need:

Jimmy Miller said Keith may show up late but he is the last one making sure everything sounds just so.

Don Was stated that Keith was so involved with Bridges that he was sleeping at the studio in some instances.

And as far as the Fory Licks tracks go. It was Keith who wanted to go into the studio and he was the one who originlly initiated the notion.

How do you guys see this as being the lazy one of the bunch???

Ian

April 3rd, 2005 10:57 PM
BILL PERKS IAN- YOU ARE BLIND AS A BAT..READ HIS ASK KEITH ANSWERS ON HIS SITE..PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS ASKING HIM IF HE'S GONNA DO ANYTHING BY HIMSELF OR WITH OTHERS AND HIS ANSWERS ARE ALWAYS THE SAME.I DUNNO,MAYBE ,NEVER PLANS ON DOING ANYTHING EXCEPT WAITING FOR MICK TO CALL.WHEN HIS DAUGHTERS WERE YOUNGER THIS WAS UNDERSTANDABLE,BUT NOW THEY ARE OUT ON THEIR OWN AND HE'S STILL DOING NOTHING..
I RESPECT MICK FOR ONE REASON..HE WORKS AND IS AWARE OF THE TIME LEFT TO HIM AND HE WANTS TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN GOALS..WHETHER WE LIKE THEM OR NOT IS UP TO US.
KEITH HAS BUCKET LOADS OF STUFF..HE COULD CULL IT TOGETHER AND PUT OUT A FUCKIN BOX SET!
April 3rd, 2005 11:27 PM
IanBillen
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
IAN- YOU ARE BLIND AS A BAT..READ HIS ASK KEITH ANSWERS ON HIS SITE..PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS ASKING HIM IF HE'S GONNA DO ANYTHING BY HIMSELF OR WITH OTHERS AND HIS ANSWERS ARE ALWAYS THE SAME.I DUNNO,MAYBE ,NEVER PLANS ON DOING ANYTHING EXCEPT WAITING FOR MICK TO CALL.WHEN HIS DAUGHTERS WERE YOUNGER THIS WAS UNDERSTANDABLE,BUT NOW THEY ARE OUT ON THEIR OWN AND HE'S STILL DOING NOTHING..
I RESPECT MICK FOR ONE REASON..HE WORKS AND IS AWARE OF THE TIME LEFT TO HIM AND HE WANTS TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN GOALS..WHETHER WE LIKE THEM OR NOT IS UP TO US.
KEITH HAS BUCKET LOADS OF STUFF..HE COULD CULL IT TOGETHER AND PUT OUT A FUCKIN BOX SET!

Perks,
To tell you the truth. I could care less about Micks silly social gatherings or his weak solo efforts of late. Knighthood, social gatherings, a poor solo album and a silly movie sound track. This doesn't amount to really anything in my book. The last good work Mick did on his own was Wondering Spirit. My focus is on The Rolling Stones and what they do when they get together. That is what counts. When the Stones get together Keith is, and always has been the hardest working Stone in the band. Look at the folks who record with them and what they say. Not one of them ever hints that it is Mick who holds that role. They all concur it is Mr. Richards who runs the ship and keeps the ball rolling in there.

Ian
April 3rd, 2005 11:30 PM
Soldatti
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
How do you guys see this as being the lazy one of the bunch???

Easy answer:

Mick did two solo albums in the last 5 years and 3 new Stones' songs, Charlie released that album with Jim Keltner, a solo tour in 2001 and a live album from that tour, Ronnie released a solo album in 2001 and he worked hard in the Faces box set, even Bill (a 68 years old men) released 3 solo albums since 2000.
And Keith? A bunch of covers on other artist albums and 1 original song in the last 8 years.
I love Keith, but he's too lazy now if we see his bandmates.
Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood