ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Celebrating "Superblow" Number 12!!
Ahmet Ertegun tribute, NYC, April 17, 2007
© Kevin Mazur thanks moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie & Rod rumor Return to archive
12th April 2007 07:24 AM
Ten Thousand Motels ROD STEWART AND RONNIE WOOD SET TO REUNITE IN THE STUDIO
contactmusic.com
April 12,2007

Wrinkly rockers ROD STEWART and RONNIE WOOD are set to reunite and make music again. The former Faces bandmates haven't worked together since 1993, when the pair were first reunited on MTV's Unplugged, after they wowed music fans with their rock band in the 70s. But the Rolling Stones star insists he and Rod are ready to work again. He says, "Every time I see Rod we get on better and better. We're dying to write again. There's lots of red tape involved (with management) but we've been talking for years about doing something new together."

12th April 2007 07:43 AM
Gazza "we've been talking for years about doing something new together."

..er, yes, Ronnie, you sure have. And the same quote gets recycled every six months, and then nothing happens. Again.

This entire article could have been written anytime since about 1996!
12th April 2007 07:45 AM
Jumacfly Good news but as gazza said we got this rumor every 6 months!
Sadly Mac doesnt seem ready to join them...
12th April 2007 08:02 AM
Ten Thousand Motels The rumor is that I'm gonna quit smoking. It's true. Someday. When I get around to it.
12th April 2007 08:31 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
The rumor is that I'm gonna quit smoking. It's true. Someday. When I get around to it.

Do you try and fail to quit daily, like Bill Wyman?
12th April 2007 08:53 AM
gimmekeef I'm so excited..I'm typing this with my....yawwwwwwwwwwwn
12th April 2007 09:07 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Do you try and fail to quit daily, like Bill Wyman?

No. I quit trying to quit. I was just spreading rumors.
12th April 2007 10:37 AM
Saint Sway I have learned thru jb's imaginary "sources" that this will not come to fruition
12th April 2007 11:09 AM
The Wick
quote:
Gazza wrote:
This entire article could have been written anytime since about 1996!

You can even go earlier than that. How about 92 or 93 when they did Stay With Me on the Brit Awards with Wyman on bass? Ronnie Wood is usually too hammered and Rod Stewart is too much of a tosser for anything to ever really happen.
12th April 2007 11:12 AM
jb Rod has been extremely successful reinventing himself as a middle aged crooner. I doubt he would be interested in making a rock album, which very few would buy, compared to the surprising success of his recent efforts. Like him or not(I am in the latter group), the guy has had a long, successful career, with very few down cycles.
12th April 2007 11:25 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Rod has been extremely successful reinventing himself as a middle aged crooner. I doubt he would be interested in making a rock album, which very few would buy, compared to the surprising success of his recent efforts. Like him or not(I am in the latter group), the guy has had a long, successful career, with very few down cycles.

When was "You Strum and I'll Sing" recorded? I tend to think they have worked together more recently than the amateur article suggests.

My 65 year old Father In Law loved the Rod Stewart concert recently. While the demographics have changed, Rod is still a fiscal success.
12th April 2007 11:26 AM
mojoman turkish bath?
12th April 2007 11:33 AM
erikjjf
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
When was "You Strum and I'll Sing" recorded?

March 2001.
12th April 2007 11:35 AM
voodoopug
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

March 2001.

Sweedish Erik has completely crushed the credibility of this article. I am very glad to call Erik my friend and respect his ability to tell it like it is.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)