ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Celebrating "Superblow" Number 12!!
Ahmet Ertegun tribute, NYC, April 17, 2007
© Kevin Mazur thanks moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: They really need to mix up the second half of the shows Return to archive Page: 1 2
11th April 2007 01:14 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

whats more disturbing is that he's currently our best guitar player

He will probably join Mick and Matt on Mick's next solo tour..
11th April 2007 01:35 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

This was always anticipated b/c of the relatively small arena..you can't count this as an add on...

Move the goalposts to suit your misguded agenda as you wish. The venue is actually bigger than pretty much any indoor venue played elsewhere on the tour, so by that yardstick the extra shows added due to public demand at Madison Square Garden, the Hollywood Bowl, UC Chicago, Boston Banknorth garden etc also can't be counted as "add ons"

All of those venues (like the 02) were provisionally booked for extra night(s) subject to public demand, so it's exactly the same scenario.

They wont add extra stadium shows in Europe simply because there isnt room in the schedule to do so - and because in general the venues are too vast (bigger stadiums than elsewhere) to warrant more than one show being sold in the ridiculous and unexplained short time frame between the ticket sales and the event itself.
11th April 2007 01:38 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Move the goalposts to suit your misguded agenda as you wish. The venue is actually bigger than pretty much any indoor venue played elsewhere on the tour, so by that yardstick the extra shows added due to public demand at Madison Square Garden, the Hollywood Bowl, UC Chicago, Boston Banknorth garden etc also can't be counted as "add ons"

All of those venues (like the 02) were provisionally booked for extra night(s) subject to public demand, so it's exactly the same scenario.

They wont add extra stadium shows in Europe simply because there isnt room in the schedule to do so - and because in general the venues are too vast (bigger stadiums than elsewhere) to warrant more than one show being sold in the ridiculous and unexplained short time frame between the ticket sales and the event itself.

It must be a contractual thing to play the stadiums if they once again face a lot of empties...
11th April 2007 01:40 PM
Gazza
quote:
nasalwizard wrote:
If they end these coming shows with satisfaction again i will scream, hearing the backing vocals singing satisfaction very quickly at the end of the song is like nails on a blackboard to me. I think they will open with start me up as they havent done this since 1990 in europe, and the UK has not seen them open with Satisfaction since knebworth '76. I really hope they end these shows with rocking versions of street fighting man, they ended one of the paradiso shows in '95 with street fighting man so its not out of the question

They opened a couple of the arena shows in Dublin and London in 2003 with 'Start Me Up' but I agree with alot of what you say

Also think that the closing part of the show needs an even bigger overhaul than what youve suggested. No harm in playing a few big hits - it would just be nice to hear some different ones.
[Edited by Gazza]
11th April 2007 01:45 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

It must be a contractual thing to play the stadiums if they once again face a lot of empties...

"Its all about the benjamins", Josh

Its a stadium tour, but they will make as much money at a 21,000 seater arena in London with most tickets going for £150 than a 50,000 show in most of Europe with GA tickets going for as little as a third of that

With those kind of demands, London is about the only city where they can and will get away with it. Especially with a new venue that seats twice as much as other indoor arenas in the city.
11th April 2007 01:48 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

"Its all about the benjamins", Josh

Its a stadium tour, but they will make as much money at a 21,000 seater arena in London with most tickets going for £150 than a 50,000 show in most of Europe with GA tickets going for as little as a third of that

With those kind of demands, London is about the only city where they can and will get away with it. Especially with a new venue that seats twice as much as other indoor arenas in the city.

I really was hoping to make it over to London, but the kids start school at that time. The problem with the stadium shows for me, is that they all are "FOS", so I can't get upo front without waiting outside venue...that won't work with wife and kids .
11th April 2007 01:56 PM
Jakeb206
quote:
nasalwizard wrote:
The only time the have opened with start me up in europe since 1990 was at the second wembley arena show in 2003

Wait.....

Seattle 2005!?!?!?!
11th April 2007 02:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jakeb206 wrote:

Wait.....

Seattle 2005!?!?!?!

Seattle's in Europe?
11th April 2007 02:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

I really was hoping to make it over to London, but the kids start school at that time. The problem with the stadium shows for me, is that they all are "FOS", so I can't get upo front without waiting outside venue...that won't work with wife and kids .

The German stadium shows are all-seated. I think one or two of the Scandinavian shows may be as well.
11th April 2007 02:11 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The German stadium shows are all-seated. I think one or two of the Scandinavian shows may be as well.

I have never been to Germany. It would be a downer as we would have to visit all of the Holocaust places, and it would seem unfitting to then attend a rock concert.
[Edited by jb]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)