ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Celebrating "Superblow" Number 12!!
Ahmet Ertegun tribute, NYC, April 17, 2007
© Kevin Mazur thanks moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: They really need to mix up the second half of the shows Return to archive Page: 1 2
10th April 2007 12:20 PM
nasalwizard The second half is so predictable now ...i think the european stadium shows should go like this in June :

Start me up/Satisfaction
All down the line
Its all over now
She was hot
She saw me coming
Back of my hand
Beast of Burden
Shine a Light
Love is strong
Honky tonk women
Intros
You got the silver
Connection

Bstage
Sympathy for the devil
The last time
Midnight rambler

Satisfaction/Start me up
Monkey Man
Its only rock n roll
YCAGWYW
Brown Sugar
JJ Flash
Street Fighting Man
10th April 2007 12:22 PM
jb They need a completely different set list, but this is wishful thinking. They are simply fulfilling European contracts, and I suspect after the 27 shows, they are done. I think they all have had enough.
10th April 2007 01:17 PM
gimmekeef They need to drop Brown Sugar..far too elongated these days and its rare that Keith nails it anyway.Maybe drop Tumblin Dice into the last 2-3 songs.Expect Satisfaction to end most shows this summer.....more than a hunch...
10th April 2007 02:02 PM
voodoopug I dont expect the setlist to be anywhere near that adventurous. Expect much of the same. Tarps, fire sales, warhorses, and 1-3 gems per evening.
10th April 2007 02:03 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I dont expect the setlist to be anywhere near that adventurous. Expect much of the same. Tarps, fire sales, warhorses, and 1-3 gems per evening.

Sadly, I agree. I hope they at least have a few great concerts left in them for our European friends-27 to be precise(not one add on!!!)
10th April 2007 02:05 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Sadly, I agree. I hope they at least have a few great concerts left in them for our European friends-27 to be precise(not one add on!!!)

They do have a few great shows left in them, but they all must be mentally dedicated to the shows. Sadly, I do not see that happening!

Once again, I am strongly advising North American Fans to not trek across the pond to see our beloved stones. There will be postponements and warhorse shows galore.
10th April 2007 02:05 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

They do have a few great shows left in them, but they all must be mentally dedicated to the shows. Sadly, I do not see that happening!

Once again, I am strongly advising North American Fans to not trek across the pond to see our beloved stones. There will be postponements and warhorse shows galore.

Strokes???
10th April 2007 02:07 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Strokes???

Lets keep this one with the obvious. I'll take "Throat Soreness" for $1000 Alex!!!!
10th April 2007 02:27 PM
LSTNT As long as some excellent bootleg cd's and dvd's come out of this leg, they can play whatever they want.
10th April 2007 02:29 PM
voodoopug
quote:
LSTNT wrote:
As long as some excellent bootleg cd's and dvd's come out of this leg, they can play whatever they want.

There will be some fantastic versions of "Sympathy", "Start Me Up", "JJF", and "Tumbling Dice" for us to enjoy!
10th April 2007 02:30 PM
_Boomy_ Why would they change anything? They're basically doint make-up shows, correct? Not entirely, but somewhat.

They'll play the same ol' stuff. It's not exciting unless you are there, anyway.
10th April 2007 02:30 PM
Saint Sway I'd like to point out that "Nasal Wizard" joined the board a long time before keith broke news about snorting his relatives

genius foreshadowing!!!!

I now consider "Nasal Wizard" to be the coolest board name here
10th April 2007 02:31 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
doint

"Doing"
10th April 2007 06:07 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

London #2 is already an "add on" - as will London #3 be....
10th April 2007 10:35 PM
fireontheplatter i don't have a problem with the second half at all..i love the war horses.
i would love to hear ventalator blues or rip this joint or 1 or 2 other numbers for the 1st half....it would be nice if they busted out.....sweet neo con.
god bless the stones people......
i so wish them well during this euro tour......
i plan to be right hear to see the songs come up.....

everybody say ow
11th April 2007 03:28 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
nasalwizard wrote:
The second half is so predictable now ...

Satisfaction/Start me up
Monkey Man
Its only rock n roll
YCAGWYW
Brown Sugar
JJ Flash
Street Fighting Man

Yes it is, and your list is so predictable too...but the end is still the same since 1981, it s like that, it 's part of the "dudes are old" legend!
11th April 2007 04:15 AM
nasalwizard If they end these coming shows with satisfaction again i will scream, hearing the backing vocals singing satisfaction very quickly at the end of the song is like nails on a blackboard to me. I think they will open with start me up as they havent done this since 1990 in europe, and the UK has not seen them open with Satisfaction since knebworth '76. I really hope they end these shows with rocking versions of street fighting man, they ended one of the paradiso shows in '95 with street fighting man so its not out of the question
11th April 2007 04:54 AM
Jumacfly I ve seen the Twick 2003 show on FF yesterday...the version of SFM is so powerful you can hear Charlie crashing the drums so, I completely agree this one should be back in the setlist.
I also think we will have the same end at every show, we know the "surprises" (LOL) are concentrated on the first half of the show, then it's always the same from Keith set to the end....

11th April 2007 08:46 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
nasalwizard wrote:
I think they will open with start me up as they havent done this since 1990 in europe ...

See Setlists Page, re: 2005.
11th April 2007 10:21 AM
nasalwizard The only time the have opened with start me up in europe since 1990 was at the second wembley arena show in 2003
11th April 2007 10:27 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

London #2 is already an "add on" - as will London #3 be....

This was always anticipated b/c of the relatively small arena..you can't count this as an add on...
11th April 2007 10:38 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

There will be some fantastic versions of "Sympathy", "Start Me Up", "JJF", and "Tumbling Dice" for us to enjoy!

IF I HAVE TO WORK IN THE AM,I USUALLY LEAVE WHEN THIS PARADE STARTS-BEEN THERE- HEARD THAT
11th April 2007 11:48 AM
voodoopug
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

IF I HAVE TO WORK IN THE AM,I USUALLY LEAVE WHEN THIS PARADE STARTS-BEEN THERE- HEARD THAT

You must get home in time to tend to the pugs!
11th April 2007 11:50 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

You must get home in time to tend to the pugs!

ABSITIVELY
11th April 2007 11:53 AM
BILL PERKS FOR YOU PUG!

11th April 2007 12:00 PM
voodoopug That pug is more resourceful and "goal orientated" than many people on this board even. She should be praised and rewarded with further internet exposure and vacuum sealed treats (not from Menu Foods)
11th April 2007 12:49 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

what have you been snortin??

I'm not doing the math, thats Gazza's job, but I'd say they opened 1/3 of the Licks Tour with and roughly 1/2 of the ABB Tour with SMU

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Sneith Richards??
11th April 2007 12:52 PM
jb I for one am not expecting another NA tour. I believe the Euro shows were under K, and they are fulfilling those K's. I further believe that Mick is furious with Keith(once again) and they will fade away after this Euro tour. While for selfish reasons I am sad, it probably is for the better. I withhold final judgment pending the Euro reviews.
11th April 2007 12:59 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
I for one am not expecting another NA tour. I believe the Euro shows were under K, and they are fulfilling those K's. I further believe that Mick is furious with Keith(once again) and they will fade away after this Euro tour. While for selfish reasons I am sad, it probably is for the better. I withhold final judgment pending the Euro reviews.

Ms Mc Fly fears for the guitarists after a quick vision of the Twicks show from Four Flicks...
She rates RW and KR as the scariest musicians on earth but loves the punch of Charlie on Street Fighting Men and the energy of Mick...Anyway, I was very disturbed when she asked me who was this guy with the Tathiti Bob hair playing guitar on Satisfaction....
11th April 2007 01:02 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

I was very disturbed when she asked me who was this guy with the Tathiti Bob hair playing guitar on Satisfaction....

whats more disturbing is that he's currently our best guitar player
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)