ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Auckland Western Springs Speedway,16th April 2006
Thanks Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Doors vs Blondie Return to archive
11th April 2006 01:22 PM
Jeep "Riders on the storm" and "Rapture" mixed together...
Strange.
But it works !

Video here :

http://au.music.yahoo.com/musicvideos/
11th April 2006 01:29 PM
Break The Spell "There's a killer on the road...and now he only eats guitars."

"Girl you gotta love your man...stop eating bars and eating cars."
11th April 2006 01:38 PM
jb The Doors were legends....Blondie a complete fraud..she is a fat moose and hates the Stones!!!
11th April 2006 01:41 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
jb wrote:
The Doors were legends....Blondie a complete fraud..she is a fat moose and hates the Stones!!!

She even hates her former band mates!! Did you see how she behaved at the Rock Hall inductions in February?? Sad, sad, sad.
11th April 2006 01:52 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
The Doors were legends....Blondie a complete fraud..she is a fat moose and hates the Stones!!!

An old girlfrined dragged me to a Blondie show a couple of years ago

She is indeed a little "hefty"

10 pounds of potatoes in a 5 pound bag
11th April 2006 01:54 PM
jb IN her prime, I would accept oral with a cuban "string job"!!!
11th April 2006 02:08 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
IN her prime, I would accept oral with a cuban "string job"!!!

And to think she used to be a Playboy Bunny

Hey, Jim Morrison was hefty his last months as well
11th April 2006 02:25 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
IN her prime, I would accept oral with a cuban "string job"!!!

I'm sure she was well sought after in CBGBs seedy john.
11th April 2006 07:10 PM
Soldatti The Doors were a damn good band.
God bless Jim.
11th April 2006 07:20 PM
lotsajizz Blondie was a BAND...something that dim bulb Debbie forgets...the drummer, Clem Labine I think?, was REALLY superb....
11th April 2006 07:25 PM
telecaster
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Blondie was a BAND...something that dim bulb Debbie forgets...the drummer, Clem Labine I think?, was REALLY superb....

Yes Jizzy, we finally agree on something

He really is a great drummer

11th April 2006 08:25 PM
pdog Blondie vs. Doors... I'd pick Bl;ondie... not b/c of Debbie... Chris Stein, a great guitarist of the mid punk era.
11th April 2006 10:08 PM
Paranoid_Android AWESOME...wish there were more STONES mash-ups!!!
11th April 2006 11:09 PM
Taptrick I love the band Blondie....but Doors win.

put me on post number five o five

put me on post number five

o

five

[Edited by Taptrick]
12th April 2006 07:07 AM
Bitch Blondie was a regular act in CBGB'S WHEN THE ORIGINAL PUNK ERA BEGAN. Classic act, I saw them many times then and they were very cool hard-core looking and head-banging sound. The crowd was rocked into the dawn, the clothes Debbie Harry wore were trend setting and provocative. I think she helped fuel the punk engine and really took it to the limit onstage. Always had a fantastic night every time Blondie played, some great crazy memories. They are touring now with the New Cars, I'm seeing them in AC soon. If she looks fat I'll be surprised, shes a Jersey girl you know and we like to look good!! Jersey girls love to shop so she's sure to have on nice clothes, shoes and accessories and wear lots of make up. She always had good taste in clothes and great style.
12th April 2006 07:37 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Bitch wrote:
They are touring now with the New Cars, I'm seeing them in AC soon.

Are there any original members in the revamped "New Cars"?? Rick Ocasek chose not to participate, Ben Orr is dead, the drummer chose not to participate either. Who does that leave, Elliot Easton?
[Edited by Break The Spell]
12th April 2006 09:12 AM
CrosstownTraffic What are you talking about? Debbie Harry is fantastic. Whether or not she likes the Rolling Stones is insignificant. I credit her with writing one of the first "rap" songs. And her voice is magnificant. If you don't see this you have no taste.
12th April 2006 09:40 AM
Taptrick
I see first rap song as Doriella Du Fontaine 1969 Jimi Hendrix and The Harlem Poets.

12th April 2006 09:47 AM
Surround Sister
quote:
telecaster wrote:

And to think she used to be a Playboy Bunny

Hey, Jim Morrison was hefty his last months as well

I say he was for at least his last two years.
I love both Doors & Blonide.
Sure more folks do.
12th April 2006 11:33 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Surround Sister wrote:

I say he was for at least his last two years.
I love both Doors & Blonide.
Sure more folks do.

Where did you get to see The Doors?? I knew someone who had tickets, but the show was cancelled after he was arrested in Miami in 1969. They still have the tickets too.
12th April 2006 12:41 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Doors are A List band. Blondie's ok, well some of it. C List probably.
12th April 2006 12:44 PM
Egbert
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
AWESOME...wish there were more STONES mash-ups!!!

I like the IYCRM/GOOMC mash-up from LYL.
12th April 2006 12:48 PM
Egbert
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Are there any original members in the revamped "New Cars"?? Rick Ocasek chose not to participate, Ben Orr is dead, the drummer chose not to participate either. Who does that leave, Elliot Easton?
[Edited by Break The Spell]

Easton and the keyboardist, whose name I can't recall right now.
12th April 2006 01:02 PM
Dan The Doors are okay but most of their stuff bores me. I LOVE Blondie. She was a little hefty in '99 (and sporting high beams!) and skinny in 2004. And JB - do you have any direct anti-Stones quotes? Not that it matters to me one way or the other what others think of the Stones but since they covered Stones songs in the past I find it a little odd.
12th April 2006 01:10 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Egbert wrote:

Easton and the keyboardist, whose name I can't recall right now.

Thanks for the info, the keyboardist's name is Gregg Hawkes, amazing he did participate. He always looked like a mad scientist.
12th April 2006 01:16 PM
Egbert
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Thanks for the info, the keyboardist's name is Gregg Hawkes, amazing he did participate. He always looked like a mad scientist.

LOL - mad scientist indeed. He pretty much looks the same now.

[Edited by Egbert]
12th April 2006 01:44 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Egbert wrote:

LOL - mad scientist indeed. He pretty much looks the same now.

[Edited by Egbert]

I just did a search on them to see some recent pictures, Hawkes still has the same crazy looks, now just with long grey hair. Easton though looks pretty well preserved.
12th April 2006 02:14 PM
nanatod
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Where did you get to see The Doors?? I knew someone who had tickets, but the show was cancelled after he was arrested in Miami in 1969. They still have the tickets too.

My second cousin used to own a radio station in downstate Illinois. She and her husband attended a radio convention in LA in the late 1960's, and met Jim Morrison. He propositioned her, and her husband gave her the okay, but she decided to turn Morrison down.
12th April 2006 02:18 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
nanatod wrote:

My second cousin used to own a radio station in downstate Illinois. She and her husband attended a radio convention in LA in the late 1960's, and met Jim Morrison. He propositioned her, and her husband gave her the okay, but she decided to turn Morrison down.

I wonder if he sang her lines to "Touch Me" to try and get her in the mood.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)