ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Auckland Western Springs Speedway,16th April 2006
Thanks Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Help me to make a great Eric Clapton CD Return to archive
9th April 2006 11:59 PM
Bruno I want to make one or two great CDs with Claptonīs songs. Till now I have:

Layla/ Cocaine/ Cocaine live from Just One Night/ Badge/ Blues Power/ I Shot The Sheriff/ After Midnight/ After Midnight live from Just One Night/ Promises/ Lay Down Sally/ Slow Hand/ Behind The Mask/ Change The World/ Worried Life Blues

I want you to help me with others. I trust in your taste. Thanks.
10th April 2006 12:11 AM
the good You should throw in his jam with the Stones on Little Red Rooster during Steel Wheels. Some great geetar playing there.
10th April 2006 01:39 AM
Bloozehound I'd definitly add his 2 other jj cale covers for sure...

make love to you anytime
travelin light

plus:

tulsa time from just one night
bottle of red wine from rainbow concert
further on up the road, ec was here
why does love have to be so sad, dominoes live @ filmore

10th April 2006 02:39 AM
MrPleasant You need "Sign Language".
10th April 2006 03:33 AM
UGot2Rollme The Core from Slowhand - rocks
10th April 2006 05:18 AM
Gazza Motherless Children from '461 Ocean Boulevard'
the single (fast) version of "Tell the Truth" by Derek & the Dominos which is, I think on a few compilation albums
I also think 'Pretending' is a much underrated song.
[Edited by Gazza]
10th April 2006 05:53 AM
ziggypayne Can't Find My Way Home (electric version from the Deluxe version of Blind Faith)
Tell The Truth (long version from Derek And The Dominos)
Keep On Growing (from Derek And The Dominos)
Why Does Love Got To Be So Sad (from Derek And The Dominos)
Have You Ever Loved A Woman (from Derek And The Dominos)
Little Wing (from Derek And The Dominos)
Steady Rollin' Man (from Eric Clapton)
Got To Get Better In A Little While (live - Derek And The Dominos at the Fillmore East, studio - Crossroads box)
It Hurts Me Too (Crossroads box)
The Sky Is Crying (There's One In Every Crowd)
Sign Language (No Reason To Cry)
Layla
Bottle of Red Wine
Blues Power
I Shot The Sheriff (live version)
Cocaine (live version from either Just One Night or Crossroads 2)
Badge (live version from Deluxe Version of 461 Ocean Blvd)
Motherless Children

Maybe some tunes from Journeyman or Mr. Johnson albums.
10th April 2006 06:09 AM
MarshallG Most have already stole my thunder but from left field I would throw in I Want To Make Love To You (a great groove)

10th April 2006 06:51 AM
Break The Spell I'd add some Blind Faith songs, my favorites are Sea Of Joy and Presence of The Lord.
10th April 2006 06:59 AM
M.O.W.A.T. Bell Bottom Blues
10th April 2006 07:02 AM
speedfreakjive you gotta have Crossroads (live) in there
10th April 2006 07:21 AM
Gazza Christ!

Howe could we forget "Key to the highway" !!!!
10th April 2006 07:50 AM
Bruno Thank you all, now I have 3 or 4 CDs. I wish I knew more from Claptonīs work but itīs kind of hard to find his records around here.

Gazza: That Oceans Boulervad is the record I know more. Great acoustic guitars songs there.
[Edited by Bruno]
10th April 2006 07:53 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Bruno wrote:
Thank you all, now I have 3 or 4 CDs. I wish I knew more from Claptonīs work but itīs kind of hard to find his records around here.

Gazza: That Oceans Boulervad is the record I know more. Great acoustic guitars songs there.
[Edited by Bruno]

Sounds like you got a good compilation going, also check out some of the live stuff he did with John Mayall if you can find those records where you live.
10th April 2006 08:45 AM
Honky Tonk Man I'm not too sure if it's what you had in mind, but If you wanted a more truer career retrospective of Eric Clapton at his very best, you really 'ought to have a couple of Yardbirds tunes on there. I'd stick on Good Morning Little School Girl and Ain't Got You. Oh, and you MUST stick Hideaway from the Bluesbreakers "Beano" album on there!
10th April 2006 09:43 AM
duck aint that loving you baby
roll it over
little rachel
i looked away
watch out for lucy
tulsa time
let it grow
10th April 2006 11:37 AM
gimmekeef Just dont tell Phil Collins you're doin this!
10th April 2006 11:42 AM
Break The Spell His version of that old Cowboy song "Please Be With Me" is pretty good, its on the 461 Ocean Blvd. album. the original version of that song is a bitch to find!!
10th April 2006 12:13 PM
Saint Sway He plays guitar on the Delaney & Bonnie track "Coming Home". Fantastic song. Great guitar.
10th April 2006 12:35 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
He plays guitar on the Delaney & Bonnie track "Coming Home". Fantastic song. Great guitar.

It is a great song, finally found it on a compilation called Southern Rock Gold. It also has Chuck Leavell's old band Sea Level on it too!!
10th April 2006 03:01 PM
gustavobala carnival to rio (alternate versions with the stones, recorded in 30 june 1975)

symphaty for the devil, live NY, 22 june w/ stones

10th April 2006 03:21 PM
nanatod
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
He plays guitar on the Delaney & Bonnie track "Coming Home". Fantastic song. Great guitar.

Bonnie Bramlett still tours, but her ex-husband Delaney is allegedly too ill (drunk? stoned? acid casualty?) to do so, with or without her.
[Edited by nanatod]
10th April 2006 04:51 PM
MarshallG
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I with you on that one !
11th April 2006 01:14 AM
Barney Fife Petrol and matches.
12th April 2006 12:35 PM
jb on't listen to anything post 75, and you will be O.K.
12th April 2006 12:36 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
jb wrote:
on't listen to anything post 75, and you will be O.K.

I agree with that for the most part, however there were some good songs on Slowhand and Backless.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)