ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Auckland Western Springs Speedway,16th April 2006
Thanks Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Chinese Dude in the Addidas Hat Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th April 2006 01:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot He looks like he could be the Chinese version of Dave Matthews.

Did we just get humiliated and not even know it?
9th April 2006 02:15 PM
The_Worst
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
He looks like he could be the Chinese version of Dave Matthews.

Now THAT is funny!!!
9th April 2006 07:41 PM
glencar At least that fella knew the words. In Dublin, a duet with a sexy Corr got detoured a bit by someone forgetting the lyrics.
9th April 2006 08:53 PM
the good I think this whole China gig was a debacle. The more I think about how the Stones let the Chinese government tell them what to play the sicker I get. A very low moment in the history of the Stones in my opinion.
9th April 2006 09:12 PM
ebmp
quote:
the good wrote:
I think this whole China gig was a debacle. The more I think about how the Stones let the Chinese government tell them what to play the sicker I get. A very low moment in the history of the Stones in my opinion.

Itīs not really the Stones' problem.. They have to respect the country and its culture, or censure... Even if we dont agree with them
9th April 2006 09:18 PM
the good
quote:
ebmp wrote:

Itīs not really the Stones' problem.. They have to respect the country and its culture, or censure... Even if we dont agree with them

I couldn't disagree more. Its not their culture, its their repressive government.
[Edited by the good]
9th April 2006 10:13 PM
ebmp
quote:
the good wrote:

I couldn't disagree more. Its not their culture, its their repressive government.
[Edited by the good]

I know, thatīs why I said censorship too...

The bottom line is, the chinese government is repressive, and itīs wrong, but itīs not really the Stones' problem
9th April 2006 11:09 PM
the good
quote:
ebmp wrote:

I know, thatīs why I said censorship too...

The bottom line is, the chinese government is repressive, and itīs wrong, but itīs not really the Stones' problem

I think you should be placed in jail for expressing such a ridiculous opinion.
10th April 2006 07:50 AM
corgi37 I'd worry more about the oppressive American Government than the wily Chinese. Who will be our Lords and Masters soon.

Next stop - for all unemployed, low educated, low income, black American people and in-bred white trash - IRAN!!!!

It is God's will. George W. has a hotline, ya see.

Ya'll come back now.

In body bags.
10th April 2006 08:51 AM
Coming Down Again "I think you should be placed in jail for expressing such a ridiculous opinion."

So let me get this straight...a government being repressive is horrible yet this guy should be jailed for stating his "rediculous" opinion that it's not the Stones problem?

God Bless America!
[Edited by Coming Down Again]
10th April 2006 08:56 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
He looks like he could be the Chinese version of Dave Matthews.

I think we will have a massive thread at the end of the current tour called "12 months of humiliation"
10th April 2006 09:31 AM
gimmekeef The best way to begin tearing down repressive totalitarian governments is by throwing capitalism and western culture at them.Who better than the Stones for that job?....Now...on that thought we really do need them back here in the US this fall...Theres still work to be done!
10th April 2006 10:12 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
The best way to begin tearing down repressive totalitarian governments is by throwing capitalism and western culture at them.

I'm gonna hope that you're being sarcastic.

And as for China telling the Stones what to do-- why is that so bad, and NFL censoring them isn't? You guys worry way too much about humiliation. THere was only one thing "humiliating" this past tour-- and that is not the sales of ABB, not the Chinese government, not bad ticket sales-- it was Days of Our Lives.
10th April 2006 10:27 AM
gimmekeef Hey if The Stones wouldnt stand up to Ed Sullivan why would we expect them to stand up to the Chinese Government?..Lucky they didnt end up in a concentration camp though for doing only 18 songs!
10th April 2006 10:49 AM
Saint Sway this guy had a big hit on American Idol covering Ricky Martin's "She Bangs"

and I thought that Timberlake was as pathetic as they could get...
10th April 2006 10:53 AM
Sir Stonesalot Unless William Hung got his teeth fixed....that ain't him.

Anyone catch Mr. Hung on Stern a while back? That was some funny shit.
10th April 2006 11:05 AM
Saint Sway hmmm.... I dunno... have you heard the audio? It just might be Hung...
10th April 2006 11:40 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Unless William Hung got his teeth fixed....that ain't him.

Anyone catch Mr. Hung on Stern a while back? That was some funny shit.

I did hear that, hilarious stuff indeed. His 15 minutes of fame have went on pretty long. Oddly, he's probably remembered a lot more than most of the actual contestants from that season of AI!!
10th April 2006 12:04 PM
the good
quote:
Coming Down Again wrote:
"I think you should be placed in jail for expressing such a ridiculous opinion."

So let me get this straight...a government being repressive is horrible yet this guy should be jailed for stating his "rediculous" opinion that it's not the Stones problem?

God Bless America!
[Edited by Coming Down Again]

I guess your not a big fan of ironic humor?
10th April 2006 12:15 PM
the good
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Hey if The Stones wouldnt stand up to Ed Sullivan why would we expect them to stand up to the Chinese Government?..Lucky they didnt end up in a concentration camp though for doing only 18 songs!

I don't know why I am having such a hard time with this, but it is really bothering me. I just feel like they were in a position to really score some points with just about everybody, but instead they let themselves be neutered by a bunch of chi-comms. So they get detained? So they get their pay witheld? They can afford it. They could have paid the crew out of pocket for one show. I mean, in the final analysis, the benefits of such a great and public act of dissent would have far outweighed the costs. They would have been universally regarded as heroes. Could you imagine the press they would have gotten?
10th April 2006 12:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
the good wrote:

I don't know why I am having such a hard time with this, but it is really bothering me. I just feel like they were in a position to really score some points with just about everybody, but instead they let themselves be neutered by a bunch of chi-comms. So they get detained? So they get their pay witheld? They can afford it. They could have paid the crew out of pocket for one show. I mean, in the final analysis, the benefits of such a great and public act of dissent would have far outweighed the costs. They would have been universally regarded as heroes. Could you imagine the press they would have gotten?

excellent point!!!!

(except you forgot to take in to account that they are pussies)
10th April 2006 12:24 PM
ebmp
quote:
the good wrote:

I think you should be placed in jail for expressing such a ridiculous opinion.

Sorry, thatīs my opinion, if you disagree with it, be at least respectful

Iīm not praising the Chinese government, Iīm just saying the Stones have nothing to do with their tirany

10th April 2006 12:26 PM
gimmekeef They agreed to what the Chinese demanded...Danced with the Devil...for no apparent reason as the show will be a small footprint..soon forgotten...Until they try to get us to shell out $29 for DVD behind the scenes footage of Charlie in a rickshaw!
10th April 2006 02:38 PM
the good It just would have been so sweet to stick it to the chi-comms. Can you imagine Keith grinning as he ripped into Brown Sugar? It would have been the riff heard round the world...
10th April 2006 02:43 PM
gimmekeef Two riffs into Brown Sugar..the power woulda gone off..."AHH So Solly Mr Keith"....
10th April 2006 02:54 PM
the good Haha! That's cool. The damage would have been done, and the Stones could have made a big stink about it afterwards.
10th April 2006 03:17 PM
Saint Sway nothing says "I dont rock" more than wearing a baseball cap onstage.

(See: Jimmy Buffet, Paul Simon, Hootie, Mike Love, Cheap Trick, Billy Joel, the bass player in Fleetwood Mac, the Indigo Girls, Fred Durst, every fan at a Dave Mathews concert...)
10th April 2006 03:31 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
nothing says "I dont rock" more than wearing a baseball cap onstage.

(See: Jimmy Buffet, Paul Simon, Hootie, Mike Love, Cheap Trick, Billy Joel, the bass player in Fleetwood Mac, the Indigo Girls, Fred Durst, every fan at a Dave Mathews concert...)

LOL...yup what a collection of asshats there!
10th April 2006 03:31 PM
gypsy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
nothing says "I dont rock" more than wearing a baseball cap onstage.

it also says, "I'm balding, but afraid to show it."
10th April 2006 03:41 PM
Sir Stonesalot Now ya'll know why I don't wear a hat.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)