ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Auckland Western Springs Speedway,16th April 2006
Thanks Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 60 Mins Stones Aussie TV Return to archive
9th April 2006 06:22 AM
Daethgod Didnt take long for that Fanning cow to do the obligatory :
" ..combined age of ..."
".. why do you keep doing it ..."
"..why not retire to a life of leisure.."

tho it was great getting a close up of Keefs fingers

and she got to sniff his Nuclear Waste

Ronnie was the best looking out of all of them, he looks really good, really together, even got see Jo

hour special to follow tonight at 10.30

9th April 2006 07:41 AM
RSRTG you also forgot to mention the usual drug taking questions and mick and keef's fueding. Although it was eyebrow raising to hear mick say "Keith shoots off his mouth when he's drunk but I'm a forgiving person"....
Keef's hands look like a monster's paw and even tho he said they didnt hurt him I reckon they might cause a bit of bother...they looked painful.
Anyway.....maybe I'll see some of u cats at the concerts...i hope so, if not have a good one or two!
9th April 2006 07:53 AM
corgi37 Pretty much what i expected. Fluff piece. The hour long thing doesnt look too promising. Still, ya gotta watch it. 38 minutes to go!
9th April 2006 08:07 AM
Daethgod yer hopefully it has some cool footage

you could tell the band were 'rolling their eyes' at her craparse questioning...

and even Ronnie seemed a bit miffed at the turning 60 thing at the end

still must see tv

9th April 2006 09:52 AM
StickyFishFingers Is that Fanning chick any relation to Bernard Fanning of Powderfinger fame?
9th April 2006 09:58 AM
GotToRollMe Could one of you lucky Aussies record this show and upload it to the tracker when you get a chance? Enjoy the shows this week!
9th April 2006 10:16 AM
corgi37 My Mum taped it for me, so i'll see how i go.

Actually, wasnt too bad. She asked some really fucking stupid questions, but i think the fact she was pregnant stopped her getting kicked out.

EG: To Charlie
"You had a scare with cancer".
"I didnt have a scare...I HAD CANCER!"
Hahahahaha!
Charlie was only really enlivened when she mentioned cricket and Shane Warne.
lol.

Keith was amusing as always. Fanning got to sniff his "Nuclear Waste". I liked his comment about the Osbourne show. And when he said "Come and see nice music played by nice men" (or something like that).

Nothing really earth shattering. But, i liked the blending of the 68 b/w promo for JJF with the version from the current tour.
9th April 2006 07:03 PM
Daethgod yer and the Keef stuff was priceless

how 'real' was Keef when she asked if he had arthritis and he said, without a blinking an eye .." it doesnt hurt .."

sounded so real and honest at that moment

man i love this band

why do journos ALWAYS try to be 'funny' or 'confronting' ?

10th April 2006 02:09 AM
SeanDavies The 1 hour show wasn't too bad. The piece on 60 minutes was the usual 60 minutes tabloid crap - that show is current affairs at it's worst. Great to see the guys though - it's got my adrenalin PUMPING for Thursday night.
10th April 2006 06:17 AM
MarshallG

Yeah, very lame but I guess perfect for the 'masses'. It covered every cliche.

The boys did nonetheless shine.

BTW, listening to ABB on constant rotation at the moment, man it's great album.

The Stones screensaver was reactivated today and I told the boss I won't be in on Thursday (I took a week off prior to the MCG gigs).

10th April 2006 06:41 AM
Daethgod yer told my boss i aint in Tues, Wed, Thurs then Easter

I got the Stones fever

10th April 2006 06:42 AM
corgi37 24 hours to go babies!
10th April 2006 06:53 AM
Break The Spell Looks like more of the same predictable questions, but I'd still like to see it anyway. I was listening to a behind the music from the Stones, and Keith basically said the reason we keep doing it is because we're a great live band and we still love playing. Still the media just focuses on the age.
10th April 2006 07:33 AM
corgi37 And when the Stones go, U2 will cop all the shit.
10th April 2006 07:50 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
And when the Stones go, U2 will cop all the shit.

As long as Bono don't blow the budget on food.
10th April 2006 08:28 AM
corgi37 Or become a politician.

Hey, are they in Oz yet (its MOnday night, 10.30pm).

Whens the press conf?
10th April 2006 09:37 AM
corgi37 They're here!!!!!!

24 hours from now, we'll be on the train, coming away from the greatest show (albeit to an empty stadium ala Omaha 64) in the world.
10th April 2006 09:38 AM
Daethgod man now i just gotta sleep

10th April 2006 09:47 AM
corgi37 I'm too wired man!!!!!!! 10 to 12 and i will be up for hours yet.
[Edited by corgi37]
10th April 2006 09:50 AM
Daethgod so where are teh band corgs ?
in Sydney today i heard, but NOTHING on the news

just footage of that bimboid Jessica Simpson jetting in

10th April 2006 09:56 AM
corgi37 They are here. Foxtel showed Charlie & Mick at 11pm. And yes, the Simpson slut too. News said they were doing a bit of sight seeing.

Like yeah, from the airport to the hotel.

But, they are here, my man!!
10th April 2006 09:57 AM
Daethgod im gonn a chuck Fox on
10th April 2006 09:59 AM
Daethgod just set my IQ to tape
Fox news, Today show next 2 morns, 9 news 4.30, 6 and 11pm

10th April 2006 10:25 AM
corgi37 Good thinking, 99. Today & Sunrise should have something. Press conference must be tomorrow. Wonder when soundcheck is? And, aint seen no footage of the stage, but that might be tomorrow morning also.

Looking so forward to meeting you Daeth. We owe you everything.
10th April 2006 01:24 PM
jb Are they meeting with Olivia Newton John to bring further attention about her lover's tragic disaperence? Also, has Paul Hogan got the "invite" yet?
10th April 2006 04:56 PM
MarshallG
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
just set my IQ to tape
Fox news, Today show next 2 morns, 9 news 4.30, 6 and 11pm

Yo, please lemme know how you go, my wife won;t let me buy an IQ !

MG
[email protected]
10th April 2006 07:17 PM
Daethgod fark i was STILL awake at 4am and 'woke' up at 7am

farken Stones !!

11th April 2006 09:29 AM
Jeep The show is online (seven parts) on MSN Australia :

http://ninemsn.video.msn.com/v/en-au/v.htm?f=39&g=80b0b372-7bc9-4951-b177-14e362003033&p=aunews_au60minutes&t=m163

Many interviews, enjoy !
[Edited by Jeep]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)