ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Auckland Western Springs Speedway,16th April 2006
Thanks Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Perkins' marijuana mask Return to archive
8th April 2006 05:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels PSYCHO STAR 'ADDICTED TO DRUGS'

Late PSYCHO star ANTHONY PERKINS was so addicted to cannabis he wore a mask to enable him to breathe in as much marijuana smoke as possible, according to a new biography.

CHARLES WINECOFF's book ANTHONY PERKINS: SPLIT IMAGE reveals the troubled actor's growing dependency on the drug - claiming the minute he returned home he would strap a specially made mask over his face in order to inhale only smoke.

Perkins, who had just taken on the uncomfortable mantle of family man after the birth of his son OSGOOD in 1974, found smoking marijuana was the only way to open up and show affection. Winecoff writes: "Under the influence of the drug (cannabis), the usually withdrawn actor opened up, becoming friendly, even intimate.

"He became so dependent that he had a special inhaling device made, weirdly resembling a gas mask. After the theatre or a session of therapy, he would come home and immediately pull the rubber strap over the back of his head, covering his nose and mouth so he could breathe only smoke. "He also began experimenting with LSD and cocaine." Anthony Perkins: Split Image is published next month

(MAY06).
08/04/2006 14:34

9th April 2006 08:31 AM
corgi37 He was a virgin until he was 31 or so. What a piece of work! I thought he was very good in old Hitchy's masterpiece, but also in On the Beach (filmed in Melbourne, my friends) & really superb in Catch 22.
9th April 2006 12:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Anthony Perkins
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anthony Perkins (April 4, 1932 – September 12, 1992) was an American actor best known for his role as the serial killer Norman Bates in Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho. He was the son of American stage and film actor Osgood Perkins (James Ripley Osgood Perkins, 1891–1937) and his wife, Janet Esseltyn Rane.

Perkins' first movie was The Actress (1953); he received an Academy Award nomination for his role in his second film, Friendly Persuasion (1956). Many people feel he deserved to win for his role as Norman Bates, and, had he at least got nominated, he would have been offered more serious leading roles. At one point, he was considered for the lead in West Side Story, but at 29, the producers felt he was too old to play a teenager.

After other acclaimed performances both in film and on Broadway, he starred in the 1960 film Psycho, followed by a critically-lauded portayal of Joseph K. in Orson Welles' cinematic adaptation of Franz Kafka's The Trial.

He went on to star in (and even direct) the sequels and prequel to Psycho, including Psycho II, Psycho III and Psycho IV: The Beginning while playing a few memorable characters, such as the chaplain in Catch-22 (1970). Despite these successes, most of his later work was made-for-TV movies.

Perkins also co-wrote the screenplay for the 1973 film The Last of Sheila together with composer / lyricist Stephen Sondheim.

Personal life

Perkins was bisexual, having had affairs with a number of men, including 1950s and 60s film star Tab Hunter, writer-model-actor Alan Helms, dancer Rudolf Nureyev and dancer-choreographer Grover Dale, with whom Perkins had a six-year relationship prior to his marriage to Berry Berenson. He claimed to have been exclusively homosexual until his late thirties, when he met the actress Victoria Principal. Dale married actress Anita Morris only 10 days before the Perkins-Berenson nuptials (Dale and Morris's son is television actor James Badge Dale).

Perkins died in 1992 of complications from AIDS.

His son, Osgood Perkins, credited as Oz Perkins, is also an actor and his other son, Elvis Perkins, is a musician.

One day before the ninth anniversary of his death, his widow, Berry Berenson, died on American Airlines Flight 11, the flight that was hijacked and crashed into the North Tower of the World Trade Center during the September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attacks.

I have learned more about love, selflessness and human understanding from the people I have met in this great adventure in the world of AIDS than I ever did in the cutthroat, competitive world in which I spent my life.

Filmography

In the Deep Woods (1992)
The Naked Target (1992)
The Man Next Door (1991)
Psycho IV: The Beginning (1990)
Ghost Writer (1990)
I'm Dangerous Tonight (1990)
Daughter of Darkness (1990)
Chillers (1990)
Edge of Sanity (1989)
Destroyer (1988)
Napoleon and Josephine: A Love Story (1987)
Psycho III (1986)
Crimes of Passion (1984)
The Glory Boys (1984)
Psycho II (1983)
The Sins of Dorian Gray (1983)
For the Term of His Natural Life (1982)
North Sea Hijack, a.k.a. Ffolkes (1980)
Double Negative (1980)
The Black Hole (1979)
Twice a Woman (1979)
Winter Kills (1979)
Les Misérables (1978)
First, You Cry (1978)
Remember My Name (1978)
Mahogany (1975)
Murder on the Orient Express (1974)
Lovin' Molly (1974)
The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean (1972)
Play It As It Lays (1972)
Someone Behind the Door (1971)
Ten Days Wonder (1971)
How Awful About Allan (1970)
WUSA (1970)
Catch-22 (1970)
Pretty Poison (1968)
The Champagne Murders (1967)
Evening Primrose (1966)
Is Paris Burning? (1966)
The Fool Killer (1965)
Agent 38-24-36 (1964)
The Sword and the Balance (1963)
The Trial (1962)
Five Miles to Midnight (1962)
Phaedra (1962)
Goodbye Again (1961)
Psycho (1960)
Tall Story (1960)
On the Beach (1959)
Green Mansions (1959)
The Matchmaker (1958)
This Angry Age (1958)
Desire Under the Elms (1958)
The Tin Star (1957)
The Lonely Man (1957)
Fear Strikes Out (1957)
Friendly Persuasion (1956)
The Actress (1953)
9th April 2006 08:52 PM
kath where can one order one of these masks??
10th April 2006 01:04 AM
Brainbell Jangler The gas mask/aquarium pump pipe (first homemade, then commercially produced) was fairly common in the early 70s. The assertion that using such a device is proof of addiction is pure horseshit.
10th April 2006 02:28 AM
Bloozehound wonder if psycho also wore a special mask to suck up all that sperm
10th April 2006 11:29 AM
Joey " where can one order one of these masks?? "

< ---- Amen !!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fiji ) .... you BAD !!!!!!!!

10th April 2006 11:37 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Mahogany (1975)

I love this one!! Could be that is does not have anything to do with Perks, but the fact that D. Ross is pretty hot in '75 and she shows boobs.
10th April 2006 11:40 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

One day before the ninth anniversary of his death, his widow, Berry Berenson, died on American Airlines Flight 11, the flight that was hijacked and crashed into the North Tower of the World Trade Center during the September 11, 2001 Terrorist Attacks.

That's pretty crazy.
10th April 2006 11:43 AM
Break The Spell If some had that magical mask, they may never have to leave their house again.
10th April 2006 03:09 PM
gimmekeef He needed that mask...to watch most of his D-List movies!
10th April 2006 03:51 PM
Saint Sway I had one of these once. It was an electric bong. The bowl was encased in a glass dome. You plugged the ac hookup in to an outlet, lifted the lid of the dome and lit the bowl, closed the dome and then breathed in thru the mask which ran from thru a tube from the bowl.

lemme tell you, this thing packed a serious high. You'd get taller than skyscraper!
11th April 2006 08:10 AM
Mathijs Curious how one gets addicted to a drug that's not addictive.

Mathijs
12th April 2006 06:51 AM
Bitch Pot smoking?
Maybe it's not addivtive but it's habit forming. Becomes a habit very quickly too, immediately if you like it. Either way, an occasional habit or an everyday habit, OLD HABITS DIE HARD. Your mind just fades away into oblivion, no worries, it's all good, no problem man!
12th April 2006 06:54 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Pot smoking?
Maybe it's not addivtive but it's habit forming. Becomes a habit very quickly too, immediately if you like it. Either way, an occasional habit or an everyday habit, OLD HABITS DIE HARD. Your mind just fades away into oblivion, no worries, it's all good, no problem man!

It seems to effect different people in different ways. I've seen some get hooked on it after doing it for just a few weeks. I myself did it for four years just on weekends, and when it was time to quit for my job, I had no problem at all kicking it. Other's haven't been so lucky.
12th April 2006 07:32 AM
Mathijs "hooked" on weed? What a bollocks. After 30 years of legal weed use and countless scientific reports here in the Netherlands, all experts agree on one thing: it's not addictive.

Mathijs
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)