ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Auckland Western Springs Speedway,16th April 2006
Thanks Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Horrific Australian ticket sales Return to archive Page: 1 2
7th April 2006 04:07 PM
jb Very sad to see the stadium show wide open....Very disappointed for Corg 37 and SIA.
7th April 2006 04:13 PM
Break The Spell Hopefully US fall tour will be better. I'm saving up already, I know it won't be cheap.
7th April 2006 04:15 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Very sad to see the stadium show wide open....Very disappointed for Corg 37 and SIA.

Yet , both Corgi & S.I.A. are STILL : The KINGS !!!!!!

YES !!!!!

7th April 2006 04:17 PM
jb
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Hopefully US fall tour will be better. I'm saving up already, I know it won't be cheap.

This is a real possibility, but by no mean definite. Most of Europe has sold flat, with a few exceptions. Japan was wide open, but we had huge guarantees so it did not natter. Australia will be tough as we had to set up at 2 venues....the 13k seat venue will turn a profit, but the Stadium gig with around 40k will just about break us e ven for the Aussie leg.....Holland has been nothing loess than an abortion with both stadiun shows way under-sold!!!!
7th April 2006 04:19 PM
Break The Spell That's why if it does happen in the US this fall it will just be the bigger markets to cover for the recent disappointments. I'm preparing for a road trip and 500 dollar tickets.
7th April 2006 04:26 PM
Joey
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

That's why if it does happen in the US this fall it will just be the bigger markets to cover for the recent disappointments.

......and THE QWEST CENTER !!!!

7th April 2006 04:27 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

......and THE POST LEADER !!!!

Pdog !!!

7th April 2006 04:29 PM
jb These posts do not count and are not officially recognised. Joey and I are the #1 and 2 posters. While we like you, this # game will not be tolerated. The administrators shall be notified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7th April 2006 04:29 PM
gimmekeef A blunder down under?
7th April 2006 04:31 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
A blunder down under?

I don't want to single out Australia as many other venues have sold worse..it was just very shocking that the Stadium, per reports, had 10k tickets left!!! I am simply reporting what the paper printed...
7th April 2006 04:32 PM
rasputin56 Again, $500 seats! What do you people expect?
7th April 2006 04:33 PM
jb
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Again, $500 seats! What do you people expect?

We need to raise the prices !!!!I have been urging this for years!!!
7th April 2006 04:33 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
These posts do not count and are not officially recognised. Joey and I are the #1 and 2 posters. While we like you, this # game will not be tolerated. The administrators shall be notified!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to nuzzle you
7th April 2006 07:06 PM
RSRTG
quote:
jb wrote:

This is a real possibility, but by no mean definite. Most of Europe has sold flat, with a few exceptions. Japan was wide open, but we had huge guarantees so it did not natter. Australia will be tough as we had to set up at 2 venues....the 13k seat venue will turn a profit, but the Stadium gig with around 40k will just about break us e ven for the Aussie leg.....Holland has been nothing loess than an abortion with both stadiun shows way under-sold!!!!

Where are u getting your info from?
I'm lead to believe there's only limited tickets left, nothing like the 20k short fall ur on about.
7th April 2006 08:55 PM
Daethgod 10,000 seats left

where the fark do u get your info from

is JB a real poster or just one of those annoying 'bots' that constantly spawn the same dribble ...
'..wide open..'
'..poor sales..'
'..empty srtadium..'

who really gives a rats arse

ME AND MY CREW ARE GOING TO SEE OUR FAVE BAND !!!!!!!!!!

7th April 2006 08:58 PM
glencar You'll have the stadium all to yourself!
7th April 2006 09:04 PM
Daethgod YAWN !

8th April 2006 05:20 AM
Daethgod just noticed at Ticketek :

Sydney tix

Availability:
diamond Alloc. Exhausted
premium Alloc. Exhausted
gold Alloc. Exhausted
silver Alloc. Exhausted
gold non alcohol Alloc. Exhausted
silver non alcohol Alloc. Exhausted
bronze Available

looks like a sellout

crap $35 Bronze nose bleeds left

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAAA

8th April 2006 08:12 AM
StonesNinja
quote:
Joey wrote:
......and THE QWEST CENTER !!!!

Oh My GOD! This is comedy Gold!
Jb's done the Australian ticket sales joke HAW HAW HAW HAW!!! and then HA HA ....HA HA Joeys done the QWEST CENTER gag, again. HAH HAH HAH HA WOW, you guys really know humour. What a comedy duo.

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa..........ha..............ha................ (ha) meh.

8th April 2006 10:59 AM
corgi37 JB has quoted "the paper". Which paper? Stones fever has hit Oz, and its just devine. In the media all week. On 60 minutes tomorrow. Then, a 1 hour doco (filmed last week) later on tomorrow night. Press conference, say, Monday. Big show Tuesday.

I know our chain is being jerked. Its cool. Aussies are a loyal bunch, and aint no way we would crash the Stones. Sydney looks like being a fucking amazing night. Daeth, Exile, me, our chicks, free transport, 24 celcius day, balmy evening, 4 rows from the front, and the rest of the week off for me. I wont need to fly home, i will be high as a kite as it is.

8th April 2006 12:47 PM
voodoopug sadly, this is what our good friends corgi and Daeth may see:

8th April 2006 01:40 PM
PeerQueer Nah, Australia is nearly sold out baby! Only shit tickets left, and those will be gone within 48hours!

Stones are pulling off an incredible tour.

Bring on Europe!
8th April 2006 02:47 PM
voodoopug Let Young Jake work his magic and let the papering begin!!!! (see San Fran 2, Philly 2, Memphis, China, etc)
8th April 2006 04:20 PM
Poison Dart Enough of this bullshit. It's really not funny. ABB is the highest grossing tour ever. They must be doing something right.

These guys are 100 years old and playing stadiums and outgrossing everyone on earth. How bad can the situation be?
8th April 2006 09:44 PM
StickyFishFingers I have faith in the Aussie Stones fans. The show will be sold out or near sold out on the night. I suspect the short notice of the announcement of the tour & ticketing fiasco's haven't helped matters, but it'll be cool come Tuesday & Thursday nights.
[Edited by StickyFishFingers]
8th April 2006 11:07 PM
corgi37 The Stones must thank their lucky stars they are not in America anymore.

Real fans now - not just wealthy actors and media personalities looking for photo ops by wearing a tongue t-shirt and saying what great fans they are.

Oh, sons and daughters of the Southern Cross. Our time is fast approaching.

P.S. Double page souvenir color poster in Australia's largest selling Sunday paper (circulation approx 2mill).
8th April 2006 11:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Enough of this bullshit. It's really not funny. ABB is the highest grossing tour ever. They must be doing something right.

These guys are 100 years old and playing stadiums and outgrossing everyone on earth. How bad can the situation be?

Yes they finally broke the $450 mark at "A" level shows in th US. the rest of the shows are funded by these shows. All should thank Chicago, NYC, Vegas, LA, etc!!!!!
9th April 2006 07:55 AM
StonesNinja
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
sadly, this is what our good friends corgi and Daeth may see:

Ha....That’s funny!
Funny in the same way that BIGTALL people go out to lunch and eat a salad sandwich, then raid every Burger King on the drive home. Afterwards complain that dieting doesn’t work for them. That’s how funny that is.
9th April 2006 08:14 AM
corgi37 I was just thinking about that pic. Why would the fools in the top deck, right up the back, still sit there when there are thousands of vacant seats below them?

Daeth, Exile, Stickyfishfingers, and our entourage, are hiring what the Yanks call "Barker-lounges". We gonna sprawl out and vibrate our way through the show. Hell, aint no one else gonna be there.

As ya'll know, i'm taking a camera. Obviously, i'll have to get into Paint Shop Pro and touch up the photos. What with there being no audience and all.
9th April 2006 09:49 AM
StickyFishFingers I'm on my way - nearly. Well Daeth, Corgi, SIA & every other aussie who ventures onto this site, enjoy the shows in Sydney & Melbourne. I'm leaving for the airport in approx. 15 minutes. I'm so pumped up i probably won't sleep on the plane tonight, come to think of it I probably won't sleep until i'm back on the plane to Perth from Sydney on Wednesday night.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)