ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Auckland Western Springs Speedway,16th April 2006
Thanks Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Forty Licks - Font Used On The Artwork? Return to archive
7th April 2006 01:07 PM
paulmacca My apoligies if this is old news, but can anyone help me out with the font name used on the Forty Licks set? I'm working on a project nad want to use that font, but I can't seem to nail it. I get close, but not close enough!

ANY help would be very much appreciated.

-all the best!

Dan
7th April 2006 01:10 PM
Saint Sway the font is called Wingsblow
7th April 2006 01:15 PM
paulmacca Ha ha... Seriously, can anyone help?
7th April 2006 01:30 PM
Nellcote Hey, I thought you were glacier surfing with Stumpy in Labrador?
7th April 2006 01:33 PM
paulmacca No, no... I've been too busy trying to remove landmines from the ocean floor...
7th April 2006 07:07 PM
Soldatti No idea, just try on the font menu of your program.
8th April 2006 12:16 AM
paulmacca Well, not to start a war, but I've *obviously* tried all of the standard fonts as well as many others. I've spent a bit of time poking through the font sites as well, all without any luck.

C'mon, surely *someone* out there in Rocks Off land must know...
8th April 2006 08:00 AM
ray Hi there,

When we create the forty-licks slipcase, we used the Eurostyle font.
This font is used also for other best of albums by other artists.

regard, ray
11th April 2006 09:26 AM
paulmacca Eurostyle and Euromode get me close, but the font seems to be too "short". The font of the album seems to be a rather elongated version or something. Euromode needs to be vertically "stretched" to get closer to the album font. Does a font exist that matches the album font, or do we have to mess with one of the existing fonts and try to "stretch" it?
11th April 2006 09:29 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
paulmacca wrote:

paulmacca!!! LOL!
welcome here you got many friends at RO!
11th April 2006 04:08 PM
paulmacca The name is *obviously* a joke. Perhaps that's why no one has responded with the right answer...
12th April 2006 08:22 AM
jrl610
quote:
paulmacca wrote:
The name is *obviously* a joke. Perhaps that's why no one has responded with the right answer...

Nearest I've found is
Square 721 Bold Condensed
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)