ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Auckland Western Springs Speedway,16th April 2006
Thanks Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Arrive in China ..... ( Stones Content ) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
6th April 2006 11:05 AM
Joey " Rolling Stones Arrive for China Concert "

" The Rolling Stones arrived in Shanghai Thursday for their first concert in mainland China. But although the Stones may now be welcome in China, the country may not be ready for "Honky Tonk Women." "Let's Spend The Night Together?" Maybe not.

The group's 2002 greatest hits collection, "40 Licks," was cut by the censors to just 36 after those songs plus "Brown Sugar" and "Beast of Burden" were cut from the mainland Chinese release, apparently due to their suggestive lyrics. It wasn't clear if the songs would be featured when the group performs on Saturday.

A sellout crowd was expected for Saturday night's show in the relatively intimate setting of the 8,000-seat Shanghai Grand Stage in the heart of China's biggest city.

The Stones had planned to play in China three years ago, but the SARS epidemic forced them to call off the tour.

Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ron Wood and Charlie Watts smiled and waved at reporters after stepping off a chartered flight from Japan on Thursday, the latest stop on their marathon "A Bigger Bang" tour.

Though famous around the world for such classics as "Satisfaction" and "Jumpin' Jack Flash," the Stones are relatively unknown in China, which was mired in Maoist isolation at the height of the band's fame in the 1960s and 1970s.

Since then, relaxed cultural restrictions and the rise of a Chinese middle class have attracted many international acts to the country. Recent years have seen performances in Shanghai by Elton John, Whitney Houston and heavy-metal group Deep Purple, among others.

Shanghai was a late addition to the tour's schedule, but singer Mick Jagger was quoted in the Shanghai Daily newspaper last week as saying the band considered the city a must-see.

"We all know that Shanghai is a big important city, so we wanted to make sure it's on our itinerary," Jagger said.

The Stones were booked for a pair of concerts in 2003, just as China's outbreak of the deadly virus severe acute respiratory syndrome was raging.

Those shows were called off, though the Stones did play in Hong Kong late in 2003 in a concert series meant to lift spirits following the end of the outbreak.

The band's current tour started in the U.S. in August, and has wound its way through Central and South America and Japan, including a free concert for more than 1 million people on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro.

Despite their famed loyalty to the band, some Stones fans couldn't help tweaking them over their Shanghai visit.

A suggested setlist posted on the group's Web site, including such twisted takes on Stones classics as "Let's Spend the Night Together in a Workers' Paradise."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060406/ap_on_en_mu/china_rolling_stones

6th April 2006 11:07 AM
moy
6th April 2006 11:08 AM
moy

6th April 2006 11:09 AM
Joey
quote:
moy wrote:

Doesn't my Baby look GOOD ?!?!
6th April 2006 11:12 AM
moy

6th April 2006 11:24 AM
moy A video here

http://today.reuters.com/tv/videoStory.aspx?isSummitStory=false&storyId=5187cd1ee6f974cf6f6184473ee2bddd41a08f92
6th April 2006 11:32 AM
nankerphelge Luv the pic of Ronnie looking at the Chinese guy!

Talk about two people with absolutely nothing in common!
6th April 2006 12:02 PM
SweetVirginia I love the video shots of the
Chinese security guys looking at
each other like they are saying,
"Who the f*uck are those guys?"

SV

6th April 2006 12:10 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
I love the video shots of the
Chinese security guys looking at
each other like they are saying,
"Who the f*uck are those guys?"

SV

I know, its like congratulations China!! Welcome to 1964, finally getting to see an actual rock band in the flesh.
6th April 2006 12:19 PM
LadyJane The entire population seems to have the

****************"Blank Friggin Stare"******************

Oh what would they do if some of us "REAL" Stones lunatics arrived in China??? HeHe

This concert should be interesting.

LJ.

6th April 2006 12:31 PM
pdog I wouldn't be surprised if China blocks The Stones official website. The Commies still rule there, and the people of China are denied access to many things we take for granted. It's a happy and sad thing having The Stones play there...
6th April 2006 12:51 PM
glencar Have they ever been to China before even as tourists?
6th April 2006 12:52 PM
jb Humiliating that they will not play the 4 songs..total sell outs ..China must be stopped!!!!
6th April 2006 12:52 PM
glencar What's amazing is that about 9 people from the shidobeeee board are going. Don't think they're all Chinois!
6th April 2006 12:53 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
What's amazing is that about 9 people from the shidobeeee board are going. Don't think they're all Chinois!

whose going?
6th April 2006 12:53 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Humiliating that they will not play the 4 songs..total sell outs ..China must be stopped!!!!

Please! Macca stopped his shows. The Stones must roll on!
6th April 2006 12:55 PM
jb He did it b/c of dog slaughter...china is a threat to us and we must start a thermo-nuclear to stop them.
6th April 2006 12:56 PM
glencar Um, I think that's a bit much. Let's wait until they try to grab Taiwan.
6th April 2006 12:58 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Um, I think that's a bit much. Let's wait until they try to grab Taiwan.

I think the Bush doctrine of preemtive striking must be implemented against Iran, China, Syria, N. Korea, Somalia, and
UAE.
6th April 2006 01:01 PM
glencar Your schtick is hurting my gut!
6th April 2006 01:02 PM
glencar What are you having for lunch?
6th April 2006 01:10 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
What are you having for lunch?

Peking Duck!!! It's true!!!!!!!!!!
6th April 2006 01:12 PM
pdog Blue is smoking Pot Stickers... IT's TRUE!
6th April 2006 02:35 PM
glencar No, I went with franks & beans...It's true!
6th April 2006 02:39 PM
pdog Mataphorically speaking, is there something you need to get off your chest...
Has Peer Queer influenced RO's last true straight guy, into joining Queer Nation?
6th April 2006 02:42 PM
glencar Yes, I'm now looking for Dorothy's red slippers!
6th April 2006 02:49 PM
Joey

I just moved my bowels for the FIFTH time ...... this AFTERNOON !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Developing ................ literally !!!

Stinky ! ®
6th April 2006 02:50 PM
glencar Oh my!
6th April 2006 02:53 PM
Break The Spell Some bad Chinese food to celebrate the Stones jaunt to asia Joey??
6th April 2006 02:55 PM
pdog
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Some bad Chinese food to celebrate the Stones jaunt to asia Joey??

He's celebrating my over taking his post count, the only way he knows how...
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)