ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Auckland Western Springs Speedway,16th April 2006
Thanks Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pick a warhorse to retire... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
7th April 2006 08:51 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
From the looks of the ON STAGE tour, it would appear the Stones have chosen to retire SFM...which location will get it first?

I'd like to see SFM open a show on this tour, its a powerful opening number and worked well kicking off the Licks tour.
7th April 2006 09:38 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
parmeda wrote:

I love pug's list!

But, I have to partially disagree with you (and a few others) only because where would some of you be if it weren't for a few dance numbers?

These are chick-songs!

Chicks love to dance!!

I personally would hate to see BS taken from the set-list. I'm quite partial when it comes to dancing in the aisles, in my seat, or any available square footage of floor space. And god forbid anyone wanting to abolish audience participation!

"I said yeah, yeah, yeah, woo!"

C'mon, admit it...you guys would DIE without THAT!

I really should have said "disco"-like instead of "dance"-like. I love to dance to "Brown Sugar" as much as the next chick (maybe even more).
7th April 2006 09:41 AM
Madafaka SFTD!
7th April 2006 10:18 AM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
How about retiring threads about warhorses and setlists?

7th April 2006 11:01 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

many are intimidated and confused when it is revealed that, yet again, we have told it like it is and were accurate!
7th April 2006 11:04 AM
glencar
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Mick could do the falsetto ok still, he does a good job on it whenever they do Worried About You.

He only does part of the falsetto in that tune nowadays. He does it more bluesy now than on the record.
7th April 2006 11:04 AM
voodoopug Mick is still on top of his game.
7th April 2006 11:06 AM
glencar But I'm still correct, no?
7th April 2006 11:06 AM
glencar BTW I like yer new look...
7th April 2006 11:07 AM
parmeda
quote:
glencar wrote:
But I'm still correct, no?

As always, g!
7th April 2006 11:08 AM
glencar Thank you kindly, P!
7th April 2006 11:09 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
BTW I like yer new look...

she has a new look?
7th April 2006 11:09 AM
glencar Nah, that was for Puggy getting rid of all that signature stuff...
7th April 2006 11:10 AM
Gazza phew!
7th April 2006 11:12 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nah, that was for Puggy getting rid of all that signature stuff...

Lets not forget, I am here first and foremost to "keep it real" and "keep it current"

We must continue to move forward. You are wise man Blue!
7th April 2006 11:13 AM
glencar I love that old Seinfeld episode wherein George Costanza at one point says "Keeping it real!" He might have said it more than once but boy is that a laff riot!
7th April 2006 11:34 AM
pdog There's some Costanza in all of us...
8th April 2006 08:38 PM
Paranoid_Android Check out the bouncing melons above!!!!
10th April 2006 06:33 PM
JuStones
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
Check out the bouncing melons above!!!!

Ohhh Yeah Man
11th April 2006 02:36 AM
Honky Tonk Man I don't think ANY warhorse should be retired indefinitely. Like Gazza, I just feel that a little rotation is in order. To fit in with theme of the thread though, I guess I'd have to plug for Honky Tonk Woman. That song has seemed tired for a LONG time. Maybe it'd sound fresher if they changed the woman to a man?
11th April 2006 02:38 AM
pdog
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I don't think ANY warhorse should be retired indefinitely. Like Gazza, I just feel that a little rotation is in order. To fit in with theme of the thread though, I guess I'd have to plug for Honky Tonk Woman. That song has seemed tired for a LONG time. Maybe it'd sound fresher if they changed the woman to a man?

You're the only poster who can say that, and mean it, without getting a bunch of weird responses...
11th April 2006 03:30 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
pdog wrote:

You're the only poster who can say that, and mean it, without getting a bunch of weird responses...

Well there you go!
11th April 2006 07:39 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I don't think ANY warhorse should be retired indefinitely. Like Gazza, I just feel that a little rotation is in order. To fit in with theme of the thread though, I guess I'd have to plug for Honky Tonk Woman. That song has seemed tired for a LONG time. Maybe it'd sound fresher if they changed the woman to a man?

Do you mean change the lyrics to singing about a man, the way Mick changes Brown Sugar's lyrics live to "just like a young man should"? Or just change the main chracter in the song to a man.
11th April 2006 07:48 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Do you mean change the lyrics to singing about a man, the way Mick changes Brown Sugar's lyrics live to "just like a young man should"? Or just change the main chracter in the song to a man.

It was a joke! After all, my name is HONKY TONK MAN!
11th April 2006 08:52 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

It was a joke! After all, my name is HONKY TONK MAN!

I know, I was just imagining Mick changing up those lyrics they way he does with Brown Sugar. I could actually see him doing that.
11th April 2006 10:52 AM
Joey
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
only to be brought back a few times as a suprise bonus to make it special again...I am sure we all have a LIST...lets keep it simpleto 1 or 2 at a time...

I will start...

START ME UP (just dont bring it back when I am there)

(the "obligatory") SATISFACTION...never a surprise...never a bonus...and they must be so tired of playing that song by now

Definitely " START ME UP " !!!!!!!!!!!
11th April 2006 10:54 AM
Saint Sway as far as dropping warhorses, I think the Stones need to follow the marching orders of the Chineese government and drop HTW, BS, LSTNT and RJ permanently from the sets.

anytime a song becomes so overplayed and robotic that a world super power has to express its concerns about hearing the songs again, then you know its time to drop them from the set list.

hopefully, as the tour continues, other governments will also use their power to get other overplayed songs dropped from the set like RFD, MU, SMU and IORR.

the Stones have been running on auto pilot for too long. Its time that governments let them know that if they plan on coming into their country to rake in cash then they are going to have to play by that countries set list rules. No more warhorses fellas.
11th April 2006 11:17 AM
Joey " anytime a song becomes so overplayed and robotic that a world super power has to express its concerns about hearing the songs again, then you know its time to drop them from the set list. "

FUNNY !!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)