ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE ANYMORE!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home...

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Richards; "I fought for Hansen" Return to archive
14th April 2008 07:58 AM
Ten Thousand Motels KEITH RICHARDS - RICHARDS: 'I FOUGHT FOR HANSEN'
Main Movie Reviews News Pictures
Contact Music
14/04/2008 07:09

Veteran rocker KEITH RICHARDS had a fight on his hands when he wanted to date his now-wife PATTI HANSEN - because he had to prove himself to her religious family.

The Rolling Stones frontman had to take on the former model's devout Christian brothers before they would welcome him into their family.

But Richards managed to persuade his future in-laws that he was worthy after arguing theology and threatening to fight them.

He says, "I had to fight the whole family to get my hands on Patti. I took Rodney on at theology, because he's a preacher, right? I had to take Gregory on, in some 'What are you doing to my sister?' thing.

"And Alfred, the oldest brother, was the same. He's 6ft something tall - he looks like the Marlboro Man. He didn't like me either. And so I invited him out and said, "Well, let's take it outside, let's take it in the yard, and duke it out. I mean you'll probably kill me, but you'll never walk the same again.'

"And after that we made our peace and now he's one of my greatest friends.

"It's not that they're crazy Christians, they're just very Christian. And I just take it as it comes."

Richards married Hansen on his 40th birthday in 1983 and the couple has two daughters, Theodora and Alexandra.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
14th April 2008 08:30 AM
Some Guy
14th April 2008 08:49 AM
Gazza all here :

http://novogate.com/board/968/242164-1.html
14th April 2008 08:53 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
all here :

http://novogate.com/board/968/242164-1.html

OK.

Never heard of this Niles guy though.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)