ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE ANYMORE!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home...

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bigger Bang tour,made them icons? Return to archive
13th April 2008 01:34 PM
marko I noticed this,when the tour ended.Also the talk about their age has gotten smaller.During licks tour,they were old farts making money.But Bigger Bang tour,made them icons.
At this point,after the tour,i donīt wanīt them to stop.
Its pointless as well,they should continue as long as they
want,and can.
13th April 2008 01:41 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >At this point,after the tour,i donīt wanīt them to stop.
Its pointless as well,they should continue as long as they
want,and can.<

MARKO!

That was ALWAYS the plan.
13th April 2008 08:23 PM
Capt. Teague maybe the new album had something to do with it. playing all the new venues could have helped. (Missoula, Charlottesville, for example).
14th April 2008 03:04 AM
IanBillen They were icons already going into A Bigger Bang.

I think the Scorcese film helped erase a good portion of the "old fart" theory and make many now just accept that they are the real deal....even if they are old. Perhaps it seems The Stones are finally being seen more as achieving a standard in terms of staying power and endurance into their sixties. Of coarse they always have been a Rock Institution but recently are again recognized as this rather than simply a group of old grandpa's that should quit.

I think Shine A Light really pushed them over the edge with the positive aspect of their age and will, not A Bigger Bang.

I never thought of it until yesterday. Sure you will get the old comments, but far less than even five years ago. As well you see a lot of good press on how they can still Rock great going into their sixties and are recognized as one of a kind because of such.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)