ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE ANYMORE!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home...

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bob Dylan (nsc) Return to archive
12th April 2008 06:13 PM
Factory Girl Jew or Born-again Christian?

12th April 2008 06:14 PM
Joey
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Jew or Born-again Christian?

Both

12th April 2008 06:14 PM
glencar born again jew...
12th April 2008 08:32 PM
Bitch Uh I think he goes both ways, depending on the latest trends in religion
12th April 2008 09:00 PM
Mr.D

i think he's only jewish decendancy, dont think the parents practiced, and he never did (dunno about the childhood) but then was secular, then born again (after having a divine experience) that for a while, it got boring, so i think he gave it up again, lol, typical dylan throwing everyone's idea of him off, even himself
12th April 2008 09:16 PM
Gazza
quote:
Mr.D wrote:

i think he's only jewish decendancy, dont think the parents practiced, and he never did (dunno about the childhood)

Yes they did.

All of Dylan's kids by his first wife were brought up in the Jewish faith and all of his sons were bar mitzvahed (in some cases AFTER his conversion to Christianity).

And theres plenty of pics of Bob, complete with yarmulke, at the Wailing Wall on his 30th birthday in 1971
[Edited by Gazza]
13th April 2008 05:34 AM
Honky Tonk Man Not something I've thought about, but I beleive you are what you are. If he was born Jewish, he should die Jewish.
13th April 2008 10:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Not something I've thought about, but I beleive you are what you are. If he was born Jewish, he should die Jewish.

A bit harsh. You dont exactly have a choice when it comes to what you are at birth. Much better that you decide for yourself later on.
13th April 2008 10:58 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Much better that you decide for yourself later on.

Yes.
And when it comes to religion or belief systems, nothing is final. At least IMO, at least for me.
13th April 2008 04:09 PM
MrPleasant http://www.eilatgordinlevitan.com/kurenets/k_pix/zimmerman/030204_2a_b.gif

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)