ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE ANYMORE!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home...

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cryptic Header! ==> We gotta move! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
11th April 2008 08:25 AM
LadyJane I don't like this.
I am worried.

LJ.
11th April 2008 08:27 AM
Some Guy Sup??
11th April 2008 08:30 AM
Gazza No need to worry.

I'm sure Voodoo will fill you all in later, but - in short -it appears that the message board will have to move to a new home in the next few weeks as novogate are closing down.

I think this has been our third 'home' since we started, so it's nothing we havent had to deal with before.
11th April 2008 08:36 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Gazza wrote:
No need to worry.

I'm sure Voodoo will fill you all in later, but - in short -it appears that the message board will have to move to a new home in the next few weeks as novogate are closing down.

I think this has been our third 'home' since we started, so it's nothing we havent had to deal with before.

I had a feeling it was something like that.
We'll deal with it.
Thanks, G.

LJ.
11th April 2008 08:38 AM
PartyDoll MEG Gazza to the rescue...

It will be OK, LJ!!!

But imagine the "bitching" and whining over the "changes" in font, color, style that we will get to live through. Oh what fun..

And a message to the Trinity, which I feel pretty certain I can speak for all of us: If this move costs money out of your own pockets, please allow us to help fund it!!!
11th April 2008 09:20 AM
sirmoonie Hackers? Its the hackers?!

We've been hacked! We've been hacked!

Save the bombardier! Save the bombardier!
11th April 2008 09:54 AM
IanBillen Thank you for the heads-up.

Things happen. I understand that as an administrator of a website or message board, not EVERYTHING can ALWAYS be under your total hand and control. Other platforms, companies, and technologies more often than not have to come into play. That is a realism.

All we can do is thank our webmasters and the kind hearted folks running this board for sticking with all the B.S. that goes with running a public message board/website.

This is another transformation and chore they are performing for us on their own good-will alone..... Not any sort of pay.

****:Many Thanks and sincere appreciation from Ian, (and I am more than easily sure many others are feeling the same way) in respect and reference to all your hard work and generosity.

****It is truly you folks that make this all happen and possible.

I love the colors here. Especially the black back ground. The yellow font is "eye-catching".

Actually, this is the reason I kept coming back to Rocks Off before I was even a member.

I hope you try and stay as close to the colors, font type, and basic theme as you have now.

Ultimately it is up to you. However my kind suggestion (I assume many others feel the same way here) would be ....if it ain't broke don't fix it. We will see you guys through this with patience.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
11th April 2008 10:01 AM
SweetVirginia There goes Pdog's post count!

Many thanks to the Holy Trinity for providing us passage into the asylum, wherever it may end up.

Let us know if there are any costs we could help to cover.

SV
11th April 2008 10:39 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Gazza said it all, we're gonna move to a new LOCATION... now in the rocksoff.org website, since we started we have had the website and the message board in different locations. Now we will be in the rocksoff.org website.

We're analyzing some options like phpBB, YaBB, CGI and some others. Currently we have a phpBB message boards running since 2003, it's here http://www.rocksoff.org/foro of course suggestions are more than welcome!!

We’re gonna have all the hits, page views and bandwidth in the same domain and this means we’ll be able to monitor all the visitors to the message board and with the huge bandwidth increase we’re going to improve a lot our on-line presence being only one domain and not two.

BTW; we owned the novogate space "968" with all the rights and responsibilities, it was our own board but hosted by third parties, now we'll be in the same place.

We won't lose the archives, we're gonna move before the closing date to have all the messages in the archives.

11th April 2008 10:47 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is the news from novogate:

Dear customer,

Novogate has been supplying message boards since 2000. Unfortunately the demand for our paid service has greatly diminished over time.
It is now at a level that we can't sustain economically, and we regret to inform you that Novogate will be closing down its message board services.

As of April 9th all monthly subscriptions have been canceled. Boards with paid yearly subscriptions will receive a prorated refund for the unused portion of their subscription. The service will continue running as usual until May 9th, when the server will be taken down.

Many of you have been customers for several years and understandably have data which you want to save. All paying customers may request a zip file with your data. The request must be made through your control panel. The following data can be requested:

Novoboards: Current and historic threads/posts. We can't supply user data such as email addresses or usernames.
Excoboards: Archived threads and member email addresses and usernames. Forums and Current threads (threads which you can reply to) can't be supplied.

Since 2004 Excoboard.com has provided a free Exco service supported with ads. While Novogate uses an old version of the Exco, Excoboard.com has implemented a large number of improvements and features during the past few years. If you currently have a Novogate Exco board it's possible to import all members to a new Excoboard.com message board. Users would retain all their data such as post counts. However archives, posts and forums can't be imported, nor is it possible to import Novoboard data.

To have your users imported to an Excoboard.com board, first go to http://excoboard.com and signup for a new board. Then go back to your Novogate board control panel and send a request to have your board users imported to the new Excoboard.com board(be sure to include the link to your new Excoboard). Also review the Excoboard.com terms of service as they differ from Novogate.

Sincerely,
Support
Novogate.com

We want to thank novogate as it was an excellent supplier for the last 7 years (almost 8 years... since June 2001)

The bad news is that we're gonna lose some links; we have a lot of work to do to start the new one and specially to change all the links @ rocksoff.org as all the pages have a link to this board.
11th April 2008 10:51 AM
gimmekeef Yes guys..if there are costs to get resetup let us know how we can chip in
11th April 2008 10:57 AM
glencar Oh shit! I'll be on vacation on 9 May. Someone please email me about where we end up. First Shiiiidddooobbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee now this! I hope Maxy's is safe!
11th April 2008 10:57 AM
glencar And I too will pony up dough if needed. But no Paypal. I hate that shit.
11th April 2008 11:01 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
This is the news from novogate:

Dear customer,

Novogate has been supplying message boards since 2000. Unfortunately the demand for our paid service has greatly diminished over time.
It is now at a level that we can't sustain economically, and we regret to inform you that Novogate will be closing down its message board services.

As of April 9th all monthly subscriptions have been canceled. Boards with paid yearly subscriptions will receive a prorated refund for the unused portion of their subscription. The service will continue running as usual until May 9th, when the server will be taken down.

Many of you have been customers for several years and understandably have data which you want to save. All paying customers may request a zip file with your data. The request must be made through your control panel. The following data can be requested:

Novoboards: Current and historic threads/posts. We can't supply user data such as email addresses or usernames.
Excoboards: Archived threads and member email addresses and usernames. Forums and Current threads (threads which you can reply to) can't be supplied.

Since 2004 Excoboard.com has provided a free Exco service supported with ads. While Novogate uses an old version of the Exco, Excoboard.com has implemented a large number of improvements and features during the past few years. If you currently have a Novogate Exco board it's possible to import all members to a new Excoboard.com message board. Users would retain all their data such as post counts. However archives, posts and forums can't be imported, nor is it possible to import Novoboard data.

To have your users imported to an Excoboard.com board, first go to http://excoboard.com and signup for a new board. Then go back to your Novogate board control panel and send a request to have your board users imported to the new Excoboard.com board(be sure to include the link to your new Excoboard). Also review the Excoboard.com terms of service as they differ from Novogate.

Sincerely,
Support
Novogate.com

We want to thank novogate as it was an excellent supplier for the last 7 years (almost 8 years... since June 2001)

The bad news is that we're gonna lose some links; we have a lot of work to do to start the new one and specially to change all the links @ rocksoff.org as all the pages have a link to this board.

That's a crying shame, Voosnoot. All because of the failed policies of George Walker Bush III and his Big Spend Mondo-Regged Market Hating Economics (a/k/a "The Big Fat"). Its the way he was raised, fankly - the dumb fuck has no appreciation of a simple goddam balance sheet, much less The Invisible Hand. No 'preation 't'all!
11th April 2008 11:04 AM
Ade i'll happily donate-
just don't let Bono, Elton etc ,
do a fundraising concert.
11th April 2008 11:05 AM
glencar Idol Gives Back?
11th April 2008 11:34 AM
Joey " I hope Maxy's is safe! "

11th April 2008 11:36 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

.. this makes young Joeykins scared .
11th April 2008 11:43 AM
IanBillen I will pony up some dough as well for the cause (even if it is only 5 or 10 bucks). It is the least I can do due to the fact that I actually could not afford to buy the ABB DVD thorough us. I was "seriously" broke for a bit of a while. I never ended up getting it either... Although since then I am slowly creeping out of the hole. lol

I think Pay-pal should be an option. It is pretty safe (not that I don't trust any of you....it is the organizations and/or hackers that I at times get concerned about)
simple, convenient, and financially verifiable.

Meaning by paying through Pay-pal they are for the most part taking current funds that in fact do currently exist and are not based on some type of credit. Funds are taken directly from one bank account and then placed into another account.

Better than a credit card when it comes to certain situations like this. Please keep us posted ( or at least myself in this circumstance) on what what you'd like done and and how.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
11th April 2008 12:02 PM
glencar Why'd you get so low on money? Bad habits?
11th April 2008 12:03 PM
Starbuck ohmygosh!

will we be able to take our post counts with us?? what about our aliases?? will SS know where to go when he needs to tell us the badbelly sacksuckers blues band are playing B stage at the macon county fair???

more importantly, will nasty's sock puppet friends be sent to the cleaners??

www.novogate.com/board/5148

and what will become of the digidawgs?

www.novogate.com/board/3001

shit! the BMX bike racing board has already been abandoned!!

www.novogate.com/board/4823

and where will the knute rockne football pics message board go to trade football cards???

www.novogate.com/board/2236

gazza, will FEMA be providing trailers for the move? or are they going to just lock us all in the goddamn superdome? i can tell you one thing...i am NOT settling on new caprica. screw that.
11th April 2008 12:04 PM
glencar Like VC needs to worry about FEMA!
11th April 2008 12:20 PM
steel driving hammer
11th April 2008 12:21 PM
Starbuck glenny!

surely there must be an anita pallenberg MB we can hang out at until this all blows over?
11th April 2008 12:22 PM
glencar Got crack?
11th April 2008 12:23 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
glencar wrote:
Why'd you get so low on money? Bad habits?

Yes. But I have a nice step dad who's bridge is healing, very slowly though.

Just thought I'd cut in, thanks.

Old Habits Die Hard...
11th April 2008 12:24 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Like VC needs to worry about FEMA!

VC ?!

**** " VC " ?! ****

Where ?!

11th April 2008 12:25 PM
glencar
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

Yes. But I have a nice step dad who's bridge is healing, very slowly though.

Just thought I'd cut in, thanks.

Old Habits Die Hard...

Good for you!
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

VC ?!

**** " VC " ?! ****

Where ?!

Ixnay, twit!
steel driving hammer Thanks bud.
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)