ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE ANYMORE!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home...

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rolling Stones Bit Torrent Thread Part 16 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
4th February 2008 10:30 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
axl79 wrote:
New on the RO Tracker:

FORT WORTH 1978 DVD Jointrip JTDV-005

Enjoy!

Thanks Axl...appreciate your sharing as always!..and everyone else too!
4th February 2008 10:43 AM
silkcut1978
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:

Gazza that is exactly why i don't upgrade my 30 gig HD. that way i am FORCED to burn the torrents to disc......sad but it works!!

Yeah, but that way you'll end up with damaged CDrs/DVDrs one day. Sad but true, about 90 to 95 % (no joke, I swear) of my DVDrs I burned about 6-7 years ago are rotten so that I can't rip them anymore. About half of my CDrs from the late 90s went off the same way. I used cheap ones, expensive ones - no difference at all. It seems they aren't supposed to last. About 3 years ago I decided to keep all my stuff on external HDs and finally I'm using 3 1TB-stations for the Stones material and about 10 smaller HDs (between 250 and 500 GBs) for all my other bands like Zep, and The Who. With 3 TB I have about 60 % of all circulating Stones audio and video recordings stored. Finally I'll buy another 2TB-disc one day and I think that's it. Not too long ago my taper-friend A. decided to spend his money on backup-discs and now he's having a perfect mirror of my discs. So I don't have to do a backup on my own anymore (which is expensive as I had to buy 2 HDs all the time I needed more space) and I don't have to care for a Raid-system. I don't give a damn anymore - if a disc is going to crash I buy a new one and make a backup from my buddy.

That's what perfect for me and even if my house burns down I might have to worry about a lot of things, but NOT for my CD/DVD collection of.

Erik wrote that he doesn't want to listen on his PC-speakers - sure, but I've got a chinch-connection to my HiFi and soundwise it's no difference. It sounds the same when I play them files with foobar2000 and the DVDs looks as good as burned ones when I use my Xbox to stream them to my TV.

From my point of view the only reason for CDrs is to use them in a car. But yeah, almost every mile/kilometer I drive I have my son with me and I don't have a chance to listen to my music at all :-) It's all about Linkin Park, 30 seconds to Mars...
[Edited by silkcut1978]
4th February 2008 11:27 AM
gimmekeef Silkcut..very valuable insight...I just assumed when you read on label an ISO certification for like 90 yrs archiving..they'd at least last 20 years...I like your plan and appreciate sharing this info.
4th February 2008 01:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
chickens and pigs wrote:
sorry, i'm computer retarded
my question is at the top of gazza's quote
are there 11 discs of basements tapes now?

Its not really anything extra than what was already out there..theyve just been organised and filed in the way in which theyve all individually circulated over the years.
A lot of it gets repeated over different discs. Details here (the torrent is still active):

http://www.hungercity.org/details.php?id=4673

"What this set includes that can't be found in any commercial sets, or other fan projects, are the accurately sourced demo discs, which present the tracks as they were originally circulated in the late 1960s -- but in close to ideal sound quality, unlike the high-gen, badly distorted tracks found on the LP boots of the 1970s and their successors".

[Edited by Gazza]
4th February 2008 03:54 PM
axl79
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Silkcut..very valuable insight...I just assumed when you read on label an ISO certification for like 90 yrs archiving..they'd at least last 20 years...I like your plan and appreciate sharing this info.

The DVD/CDR are sensitive for UV-light. That means that you shall keep them in a dark place (or preserved on dark/black DVD cases) all the time , except when you play them, if you using for archiving you should not even play them often.

5th February 2008 06:09 AM
cabledogg2
quote:
silkcut1978 wrote:

Yeah, but that way you'll end up with damaged CDrs/DVDrs one day. Sad but true, about 90 to 95 % (no joke, I swear) of my DVDrs I burned about 6-7 years ago are rotten so that I can't rip them anymore. About half of my CDrs from the late 90s went off the same way. I used cheap ones, expensive ones - no difference at all. It seems they aren't supposed to last. About 3 years ago I decided to keep all my stuff on external HDs and finally I'm using 3 1TB-stations for the Stones material and about 10 smaller HDs (between 250 and 500 GBs) for all my other bands like Zep, and The Who. With 3 TB I have about 60 % of all circulating Stones audio and video recordings stored. Finally I'll buy another 2TB-disc one day and I think that's it. Not too long ago my taper-friend A. decided to spend his money on backup-discs and now he's having a perfect mirror of my discs. So I don't have to do a backup on my own anymore (which is expensive as I had to buy 2 HDs all the time I needed more space) and I don't have to care for a Raid-system. I don't give a damn anymore - if a disc is going to crash I buy a new one and make a backup from my buddy.

That's what perfect for me and even if my house burns down I might have to worry about a lot of things, but NOT for my CD/DVD collection of.

Erik wrote that he doesn't want to listen on his PC-speakers - sure, but I've got a chinch-connection to my HiFi and soundwise it's no difference. It sounds the same when I play them files with foobar2000 and the DVDs looks as good as burned ones when I use my Xbox to stream them to my TV.

From my point of view the only reason for CDrs is to use them in a car. But yeah, almost every mile/kilometer I drive I have my son with me and I don't have a chance to listen to my music at all :-) It's all about Linkin Park, 30 seconds to Mars...
[Edited by silkcut1978]

Thanks for the info silkcut........so the bottom line is i'm sitting on 5000+ drink coasters......sad sad sad
5th February 2008 07:33 AM
silkcut1978
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:

Thanks for the info silkcut........so the bottom line is i'm sitting on 5000+ drink coasters......sad sad sad

Honestly...yes :-(

I had the experience with rotten discs over and over again. For quite a while I used a DVD-Recorder to record from TV and to keep the costs low I bougth a spindle of DVD-RWs. They indicated that they can be re-recorded up to 1,000 times and in the end it turned out that some of them were destroyed after 5 times of re-recording, others lasted for about 10 times. And you can expect me to take care of my stuff. No sunlight, no touching, no writing on the label-side. Everytime I dig out an old tape from the 70s/80s it still plays well - what a difference...

Anyway, HDs are the solution and if you have a good friend who shares your hobby (and we all have, don't we?) you can create an external backup as well. It's hard work when you start it, I think it took me two weeks to mirror my discs as Vista is kinda strange when copying data but once it's done you're on the safe side. And the hardware costs aren't that high anymore. Offered on Amazon.de is a 2TB Western Digital for EUR 189,- and 1TB-discs can be bought for less then EUR 100,- where I live. I bet it will be nearly the same on Amazon.com

Some people might say now that HDs don't last forever as well - BUT - I download everything to my internal drives and every once in a while I'm going to copy the torrents (or even my own transfers, rips) to my external drives and after that I move them to the complement drive of my friend (a little 250GB drive - when it's full he gets it back and I'll get another one from him). So I turn them on once a week for an hour or so and sometimes when I want to listen to some stored stuff. 2 of my internal HDs are running now for about 6 years (on my old PC) for 24/24 and they are still intact - my external drives are running for about - let's say 5 hours a week... makes me believe they should last even longer ;-)

And one more great thing is that you can jump on as a seeder whenever you want - you're still having it on your HDs ;-) I always put a little text-file into the original download directory with the exact name of the download. As I use to change the name of the "root"-dir to make it fit to my standards it's usefull when I want to seed it again - I just rename it back to what it was and I'm on it again.

Hope nobody is insecured by now - I just wanted to share my experience with the burned ones and how the problems can be avoided. You don't have to be an computer-genious either, it's easier to connect an USB-device than to burn a disc with Nero !! ;-)

cheers
silkcut
5th February 2008 07:41 AM
cabledogg2 New on the tracker

Rolling Stones
Frankfurt , Germany
April 28th or 29th , 1976
Soundboard recording (sorry the show is incomplete )
artwork included
lineage: cdr>eac>flac frontend > you

Setlist

1. Honky Tonk Women
2. If You Can't Rock Me / Get Off Of My Cloud
3. All Down The Line
4. Hand Of Fate
5. Hey Nigrita
6. Ain't Too Proud To Beg
7. Fool To Cry
8. Hot Stuff
9. Star Star

**Note** Micks wireless mike cuts on and on a few tracks not bad but worth a mention.
5th February 2008 10:12 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Gazza wrote:

If this is the upgrade that surfaced a couple of years ago, then everyone should jump on it.

As electrifying a performance as 'Brussels Affair' and sound-wise much better quality than you'd expect from an audience recording from this era.

One of the best Stones shows EVER.

I am listening to this right now after discovering it on the tracker last night (I go through waves with my torrenting). GREAT sound.

5th February 2008 10:19 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

I am listening to this right now after discovering it on the tracker last night (I go through waves with my torrenting). GREAT sound.

Please..which torrent on tracker?..I reread the thread and didnt find the original topic....Thanks
5th February 2008 10:31 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Please..which torrent on tracker?..I reread the thread and didnt find the original topic....Thanks

Empire Pool '73

Get it. The Midnight Rambler is completely gasting my flabber as we speak.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
5th February 2008 10:56 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Empire Pool '73

Get it. The Midnight Rambler is completely gasting my flabber as we speak.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]

Thanks Nasty..will do!
5th February 2008 12:16 PM
Dan
quote:
silkcut1978 wrote:

Honestly...yes :-(

I had the experience with rotten discs over and over again. For quite a while I used a DVD-Recorder to record from TV and to keep the costs low I bougth a spindle of DVD-RWs. They indicated that they can be re-recorded up to 1,000 times and in the end it turned out that some of them were destroyed after 5 times of re-recording, others lasted for about 10 times. And you can expect me to take care of my stuff. No sunlight, no touching, no writing on the label-side. Everytime I dig out an old tape from the 70s/80s it still plays well - what a difference...

I have heard RW's pretty just suck so I never used them.

Don't have a problem with any of the discs from when I first started buying them in 2000 but some of the later TDK's kinda suck.

Right now my main priority is to get the rest of my masters to disc, which should take a few more years, then maybe I will figure out preservation methods then. Hopefully externals will get bigger and cheaper so I can also leave a duplicate at mom's or in a safety deposit box. I have just way too much for hard drives but as time goes by more and more of the non-master stuff gets less important.
5th February 2008 01:29 PM
Pauli I am also using external HD's to storing my boots. I have 7 external USB drives (250GB - 320GB per HD).

I would also use bigger discs (1TB or 2TB), but since I don't have decent backup system I try to "minimize" the damage if something goes wrong with the discs. Of course you can imagine that if I loose 320GB flac files that would mean awful lot of stuff. But I won't loose all my stuff anyway.

I had two main reasons why I stopped to burn the CDR's and started to use HD's instead:
1) I didn't have enough time to burn the CDR's
2) I don't have enought room for storing all of my CDR's

First I used HD's only for downloaded stuff, but then I also started to rip my CDR's to HD. Very soon I noticed that many of my CDR's are hard to read. Fortunately I haven't met too many totally unreadable CDR's so far. The latter is true only because I can use four different drives for ripping. If one fails to rip the CDR then I will try it with another drive and so on.

5th February 2008 01:32 PM
Pauli silkcut, your 1TB drives are USB drives, right? Or are they network drives?
5th February 2008 09:25 PM
gimmekeef Now up on DIMETHANKS TO ROLLOVER)
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=182116

the rolling stones
tittle : licks japan tour
recorded live at tokyo dome, tokyo, japan, march 15, 2003

label: jointrip - JTDV-002
excelent audience shooting (my ratio 8/10)
excelent two channels stereo audio

lineage : dvdr - dvd decripter - torrent - you
artwork included

video codec : MPEG2
audio codec : AC3
audio bitrate : 256 kb/s stereo
video resolution : 720x480
framerate : 29970
bitrate : 4346 kbps (disc 1) - 4044 kbps (disc 2)
format : NTSC
aspect : 4:3

note : this is the first attemp to share some of good dvd stuff from the japan leg of
licks world tour.yokohama (march 12) and budokan (march 10) are ready to be shared
soon.

tracklist

disc 1

opening
brown sugar
start me up
you got me rocking
don't stop
rocks off
you can't always get what you want
bitch
can't you hear me knocking
tumbling dice
introductions
slipping away
before they make me run

disc 2

sympathy for the devil
it's only rock'n'roll
little red rooster
midnight rambler
gimme shelter
honky tonk women
street fighting man
jumping jack flash
satisfaction

and as always, enjoy music lovers ! (like i do)
6th February 2008 02:44 AM
silkcut1978
quote:
Pauli wrote:
silkcut, your 1TB drives are USB drives, right? Or are they network drives?

My "big" discs are 3 USB-drives (bought a new one yesterday ;-) and 1 network-drive. I wouldn't recommend the network-drive (Buffalo TeraStation) as it is slow compared with the USB drives but that has a "historical" background as it was one of the first 1TB-solutions ever. The only benefit about it is that I could access data whenever the station is turned on (for example to watch stored DVds with my xbox) no matter if a PC is running or not.
[Edited by silkcut1978]
6th February 2008 05:59 AM
LuvGlimmerTwins Can anyone comment upon using sATA hard drives for storing music? Are the sATA-capable types worth the cost difference?
I've read the transfer speeds are much faster.

I've also read that there is a limited number of times one can connect/disconnect the drives before the connectors fail. Just bought a second-hand tower with sATA connection as well as USB. Currently have USB external HDs for storage, but need more room for more Stones!

Hoping someone more knowledgeable than I can enlighten me.

TIA,
LuvGlimmerTwins
6th February 2008 07:39 AM
cabledogg2 New on the tracker this morning

The Faces
Budokan Hall
Tokyo , Japan
February 20th , 1974
Audience sourced recording VG

Disc 1

1. Band Intro
2. Tetsu talks to crowd
3. It's all Over Now
4. I'm Losing You
5. Angel
6. True Blue
7. Stay With Me
8. I'd Rather Go Blind
9. Memphis
10. Too Bad / Drum Solo
11. Every Picture Tells a Story
12. My Fault

Disc 2

1. I Wish It Would Rain
2. Jealous Guy
3. You Wear It Well
4. Maggie May
5. Borstal Boys / Amazing Grace / Gasoline Alley
6. Twistin' The Night Away
7. Pool Hall Richard
8. Acapella
9. Amazing Grace
8th February 2008 04:23 PM
stalemate97_2006 Hi

I want to hear the beacon show shared on RO or Dime bu I can't find it.

Does anybody have a good audience of this show and can up it on tracker please ?
(Can't wait the official soundtrack)

Do you have official date for the official soundtracks ?
9th February 2008 08:20 AM
shaleia There's a show on the tracker that's not mentioned in this tread: the breakfast show from MSG Nov. 28 1969. Any one else doubt that's accurate? Erik?
9th February 2008 09:08 AM
Erik_Snow
quote:
shaleia wrote:
There's a show on the tracker that's not mentioned in this tread: the breakfast show from MSG Nov. 28 1969. Any one else doubt that's accurate? Erik?

Hi Shaleia, - I haven't downloaded, but I've run accross that CDR elsewhere.
It's a compilation of MSG and Baltimore 1969. A couple of songs comes from the 11/28 1st show - taken from the official Gimme SHelter video....almost by coincidence, as the other MSG shows also are represented. For instance: "Under My Thumb/I'm Free" is the audience recording from the 11/27 show - only in much worse sound than usual. There's speed problems and poor sound quality all over...besides being official material.
There's no audience recordings from 11/28 - 1st show, unfortunately
[Edited by Erik_Snow]
9th February 2008 10:56 AM
Rick56 Now on Dime

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=182999

Torrent Title: Rolling Stones Stockholm Cirkus 2003 (Crystal Cat)

Artist Name: Rolling Stones

Bootleg title: “At the cirkus” (CC707-08)

Venue, City, Country, Date: Cirkus, Stockholm, Sweden, July 22 2003

Track Listing: 01, 02 etc

Artwork: Yes

The best bootleg from the licks tour 2002-2003! Amazing sound! 10/10

CD1
1. Intro
2. Start Me Up
3. Live With Me
4. Neighbours
5. Hand Of Fate
6. No Expectations
7. Worried About You
8. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo
(Heartbreaker)
9. Itīs Only Rock īnī Roll
10. Stray Cat Blues
11. Ainīt To Proud To Beg
12. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love

CD2
1. Thatīs How Strong My Love Is
2. Going To A Go Go
3. The Nearness Of You (KR)
4. Happy (KR)
5. I Canīt Turn You Loose
6. Honky Tonk Women
7. Tumbling Dice
8. Brown Sugar
9. Sympathy For The Devil
10. Outro
9th February 2008 11:16 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Rick56 wrote:
Now on Dime

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=182999

Torrent Title: Rolling Stones Stockholm Cirkus 2003 (Crystal Cat)

Artist Name: Rolling Stones

Bootleg title: “At the cirkus” (CC707-08)

Venue, City, Country, Date: Cirkus, Stockholm, Sweden, July 22 2003

Track Listing: 01, 02 etc

Artwork: Yes

The best bootleg from the licks tour 2002-2003! Amazing sound! 10/10

CD1
1. Intro
2. Start Me Up
3. Live With Me
4. Neighbours
5. Hand Of Fate
6. No Expectations
7. Worried About You
8. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo
(Heartbreaker)
9. Itīs Only Rock īnī Roll
10. Stray Cat Blues
11. Ainīt To Proud To Beg
12. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love

CD2
1. Thatīs How Strong My Love Is
2. Going To A Go Go
3. The Nearness Of You (KR)
4. Happy (KR)
5. I Canīt Turn You Loose
6. Honky Tonk Women
7. Tumbling Dice
8. Brown Sugar
9. Sympathy For The Devil
10. Outro

Get this if you dont have it..great sound 10?..well a solid 9.5..and the different ending to Sympathy is worth the price of admission....Really a must imho.
9th February 2008 01:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
stalemate97_2006 wrote:
Hi

I want to hear the beacon show shared on RO or Dime bu I can't find it.

Does anybody have a good audience of this show and can up it on tracker please ?
(Can't wait the official soundtrack)

Do you have official date for the official soundtracks ?

25th March, it seems.
9th February 2008 02:02 PM
gimmekeef Thats interesting the cd out before the movie.Maybe to create some buzz.Might be a good idea to get the Buddy Guy track some radio play..although more likely the Aguilera to promote the film debut...Anyway cant wait....
11th February 2008 03:14 PM
stalemate97_2006 Thanks for reply gazza
13th February 2008 02:07 PM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Thats interesting the cd out before the movie.Maybe to create some buzz.Might be a good idea to get the Buddy Guy track some radio play..although more likely the Aguilera to promote the film debut...Anyway cant wait....

Seems now it will be 1st April for the soundtrack CD in the US

http://www.amazon.com/Shine-Light-Rolling-Stones/dp/B0013ABEYW/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1202929255&sr=8-1

Cd-SHM Japanese import too (2 disc version)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shine-Light-Original-Soundtrack-Shm/dp/B0013BYBYQ/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=gateway&qid=1202929315&sr=8-2

13th February 2008 02:12 PM
Pauli The Rolling Stones
"Atlantic City 1989 - The First Night"

Convention Center, Atlantic City, New Jersey, December 17, 1989

Unknown --> ?? -- >Trade CDR -> EAC (secure mode, offsets corrected) -> CDImage (WAV) --> GoldWave (Splitting) --> WAV --> FLAC 1.1.3 (level 6) -> FLAC

This is not the same than "silkcuts" version in DIME. This is better (at least IMO).

CD1

01 Intro
02 Start Me Up
03 Bitch
04 Sad Sad Sad
05 Undercover of the Night
06 Harlem Shuffle
07 Tumbling Dice
08 Miss You
09 Almost Hear You Sigh
10 Ruby Tuesday
11 Salt Of The Earth
12 Terrifying
13 Rock And A Hard Place
14 Mixed Emotions
15 Honky Tonk Women
16 Midnight Rambler

CD2

01 You Can't Always Get What You Want
02 Little Red Rooster
03 Boggie Chillen
04 Can't Be Seen
05 Happy
06 Paint It Black
07 2,000 Light Years From Home
08 Sympathy For The Devil
09 Gimme Shelter
10 It's Only Rock'n'Roll
11 Brown Sugar
12 Satisfaction
13 Jumpin' Jack Flash

13th February 2008 02:24 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Seems now it will be 1st April for the soundtrack CD in the US

http://www.amazon.com/Shine-Light-Rolling-Stones/dp/B0013ABEYW/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1202929255&sr=8-1

Cd-SHM Japanese import too (2 disc version)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shine-Light-Original-Soundtrack-Shm/dp/B0013BYBYQ/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=gateway&qid=1202929315&sr=8-2

An April Fools day release?.....hmmmmmmmmm
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)