ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE ANYMORE!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home...

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SAL Soundtrack review Return to archive
12th April 2008 09:14 PM
Capt. Teague This is quite a disappointment. Most of us don't buy live albums to listen to the latest version of Start Me Up or Satisfaction, but we listen anyway. The new tracks for the most part are played pretty well, especially Some Girls and Far Away Eyes. The duets leave a lot to be desired, especially Loving Cup w/ Jack White. Christina Aguilera decided to sing in a completely different key than the rest of the band on Live With Me, but Keith's excellent playing makes it worth listening. Blues legend Buddy Guy's appearance is excellent, always one of the most energetic blues performers in the world. She Was Hot is good for the most part, except for the VERY lackluster solo by Keith. Sympathy is mediocre at best, Satisfaction and SMU are just business as usual, nothing exciting about either. Paint It Black is outstanding. Nice to finally hear another live version of Shattered. Keith's songs are the real low point. You Got The Silver is always a favorite, even if Keith's delivery isn't top-notch, and it certainly isn't. Connection is a real mess vocally for Keith. It's difficult to listen to honestly. Little T&A is the low point of the whole CD, absolutely terrible. The mix for this cd wasn't to my liking either. Charlie sounds like he's in a garage and there's not enough keyboard here, too much there, not enough bass and too much crowd. I fully expect the film to be awesome and can't wait to see it, but if you want a great live CD, get the software and rip the audio from "The Biggest Bang" and enjoy.
12th April 2008 09:18 PM
mrhipfl http://novogate.com/board/968/241929-1.html

rocking signature by the way. I found "You got the Silver to be the best performance of the album, actually, but agree about the other 2 Keef songs. I hated Ronnie's tone in connection and Keith just sounded old.
12th April 2008 10:44 PM
Sioux Dudes ARE old...
13th April 2008 08:42 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Sioux wrote:
Dudes ARE old...

well played my friend.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)