ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE ANYMORE!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home...

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: It's Friday Night... Return to archive
12th April 2008 01:22 AM
Child of the Moon ... And boy, do I love me some Rolling-fuckin'-Stones. Honestly? We are all privileged to be in thrall to the GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND IN THE WORLD, EVER. I have spent the last few days really trying to immerse myself in this music that, at times, I almost take for granted. Perhaps I can thank a certain someone who's entered my life for helping me rediscover the joy that is the Rolling Stones... I mean, it's not often you can talk to a beautiful woman about the finer points of an album like Out Of Our Heads (US edition). I dunno, but whatever it is, I know I have been putting every single Stones album I have (boots included - anyone got a nice copy of 1973's Perth show? Because mine is scratched to hell!) on to my iPod. GodDAMN, what a great fucking group!

The Jack Daniels is flowing tonight, ladies and gentlemen, even though I have to be up in about seven hours for work. Fuck work. They know nothing of the joys of a band like the Rolling Stones. NOT A DAMN THING, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. I have been trying to take in some things I've not heard yet, or haven't heard in a long time. The Shine a Light soundtrack is EXTRAORDINARY. Easily the best Stones live disc since Love You Live (even if Keith only knows how to play ONE FUCKING SOLO). I heard 12X5 for the first time in years last night, and that's a pretty damn good disc. And while it's been much maligned in Stonesian circles, the Aragon Ballroom show from '02 kicks a lot of ass in a lot of places. How about Hand of Fate, when Charlie starts it too fast and the rest of the band just sort of GOES WITH IT? And Ronnie plays that killer solo? That's what dreams are made of.

In other news, DON'T SPOOK THE HORSE. You might get kicked, you know?

For those who remember archaic terms like "BCI" (Keno's board, anyone?), I can safely tell you that, after hearing so much Stones music in such little time, my BCI has reached massive proportions. I find myself not knowing how to feed this hunger, except by listening to even more Stones music. I simply cannot get enough.

AM I HARD ENOUGH?!
AM I ROUGH ENOUGH?!
AM I RICH ENOUGH?!
I'm not too blind to see that the Rolling Stones could take anyone else's band any day of the week. No, really, even in this day in age. Keith may pose, Mick may not care, Charlie may raise his eyebrows in digust, but this banddoes something to the general populce that I can't even really put into words. Magic? Enchantment? The band that, rather than speaking to your head, speaks directly to your groin? I dunno, it's some kind bizarre thing about which a thousand and one theses should have been written. I know I've written more than one in-depth dissertation on why the Stones are the best thing to ever happen to music. Certainly made school interesting.

Is this making any sense? I don't fucking know. All I know is that the Rolling Stones still own me... body, mind, and soul. I wouldn't be alive without this band. Plain as that. Think on it for a moment... how much do you owe these guys? Because I owe my GODDAMN LIFE.

Long live the Rolling-fuckin'-Stones.
12th April 2008 01:47 AM
Poplar
these are my favorite posts.

rock on. i'm joining you in about 30 minutes.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)