ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE ANYMORE!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home...

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jane Rose Return to archive
8th April 2008 07:19 PM
Mikey What's her story? Although she's Keith's manager, it seems like she's got a lot of pull within the Stones camp. Examples include her numerous "Executive Producer" credits for Stones projects, like "Hail Hail" and SAL.

Anyone got insight on her?

Mikey
8th April 2008 09:34 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Mikey wrote:
What's her story? Although she's Keith's manager, it seems like she's got a lot of pull within the Stones camp. Examples include her numerous "Executive Producer" credits for Stones projects, like "Hail Hail" and SAL.

Anyone got insight on her?

Mikey

Don't have any insights, but, for the record, I'm pretty sure she was instrumental in encouraging Keith to put out the live Winos release.
8th April 2008 11:30 PM
BILL PERKS SHE WORKED FOR THE STONES FROM 74-82..MICK FIRED HER SO KEITH HIRED HER AS HIS PERSONAL MANAGER
9th April 2008 03:33 AM
Ade she's the fifth Stone
9th April 2008 10:03 AM
jean-pierre M She's besides Keith in London Premiere...(Skynews clip)
9th April 2008 10:23 AM
speedfreakjive this article is interesting

http://www.studiowner.com/essays/essay.asp?books=0&pagnum=3051
10th April 2008 04:45 PM
Steel Wheels She has some kind of agency in NYC. Keith is her biggest client. I've seen her at several shows, including the Tower Theater gig. She gets credit on just about everything.
10th April 2008 07:18 PM
chevysales she could be seen during b stage at many shows taking shots of the band (with her canon 1dsmark2) as the stage was heading back.

also opening songs like other photogs... she is a pretty good photog in her own right.
10th April 2008 08:15 PM
glencar Is she attractive?
10th April 2008 08:51 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is she attractive?

get your mind out of the gutter
10th April 2008 08:54 PM
mojoman
quote:
Ade wrote:
she's the fifth Stone

fifth stone from the sun........
11th April 2008 03:01 AM
IanBillen
Why did Mick fire her?

Was there anything credible behind this (although I am sure he had his reasons....always does).

Ian
11th April 2008 12:09 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Why did Mick fire her?

Was there anything credible behind this (although I am sure he had his reasons....always does).

Ian

read it stanley booth's "standing in the shadows";apparantly the more power Keith gave her,the more pissed off Mick got with him...she probably would'nt do Mick,maybe that's why he fired her.
11th April 2008 12:57 PM
pdog
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Why did Mick fire her?

Ian

Mick is a dick to his employees!
11th April 2008 07:20 PM
chevysales
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
this article is interesting

http://www.studiowner.com/essays/essay.asp?books=0&pagnum=3051

another era when some were still "young" so to speak...

she also had an early connection with annie leibovitz(sp) where she i am sure learned her photography chops from... and she has done shots for other artists along the way.

many of keiths shots and "some" band shots she is given full credit for.

another poster asked if she was good looking and i would say yes and she has also aged well too .

but seriously she is quite good with her canon having switched from nikon when the digital era came about... i spoke for maybe 4 minutes with her regarding photograhpy at 2 hartford shows during no security when i was with my wife and i was just getting into it while she had 20 plus years of 35mm work behind her but also was breaking in to the digital world. a nice chat at both shows as we were by ramp both nites courtesy of my customer jim koplik. and i had started conversation on nite 1 where as nite 2 i do believe she realized i knew who she was and was a long time fan and finished our photog/band/art conversation.... she would be an excellent hookup to know as there are some fans that she does take care of.

he hooked us up for the SAL premiere at imax in hartford last week. which was trip as they said get their early you pick your seats like a concert... first imax for us.
12th April 2008 08:52 PM
Bitch OK cool, I never knew any of this. So MICK was probably wrong to fire her, since she seems like an asset to KEEF. Must be an ego thing with MICK then. She probably didnt kiss his ass and he got annoyed (just guessing here) since I doubt she did anything seriously wrong or she wouldnt be around this long.
12th April 2008 08:56 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

read it stanley booth's "standing in the shadows";apparantly the more power Keith gave her,the more pissed off Mick got with him...she probably would'nt do Mick,maybe that's why he fired her.

Damn, is it me or is it your FIRST POST not in ALL CAPS ?! ;-)

Anyway, thanks for the insight, as usual !
13th April 2008 11:04 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is she attractive?

I'd do her.

But that probably doesn't answer the question. I've never been all that particular.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)