ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE ANYMORE!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home...

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pete Doherty sentenced to jail Return to archive
8th April 2008 01:04 PM
Jeep Pete Doherty jailed for 14 weeks

http://www.nme.com/news/pete-doherty/35755

Spokesperson tells NME.COM he's 'looking at appeal'
Apr 8, 2008

Babyshambles frontman Pete Doherty has been jailed for 14 weeks for failing to turn up to probation hearings on time and drug use.

Doherty attended West London Magistrates Court today (April 8), where Judge Davinder Lachar handed the singer/guitarist the sentence.

A spokesperson for the court said that Doherty had been jailed for "breach of time keeping, non-compliance of his order and using different drugs".

Doherty had been given a suspended jail sentence for possession of drugs and driving illegally in October last year. His supervision order required him to make regular visits to court for progress reports, as well as take part in a drug rehabilitation programme. He was threatened with up to four months in jail if he broke the law during this period.

A spokesperson for Doherty told NME.COM that he was looking into grounds for appeal.

The 14-week sentence would not only cover the singer's solo show at the Royal Albert Hall in London (April 26), but the Glastonbury (June 27-29) festival, which he is due to play.

His label, Parlophone, explained the solo show will be postponed but it "is due to be rescheduled and all tickets will be valid for the new date once it has been announced. Peter was very much looking forward to the show and would like to offer his sincerest apologies to all his fans and all those concerned".
[Edited by Jeep]
8th April 2008 03:08 PM
Honky Tonk Man Good. I'm saying that as a fan.
8th April 2008 03:13 PM
Joey " Pete Doherty jailed for 14 weeks "

Who is this individual ?!

8th April 2008 03:52 PM
SweetVirginia Dare I hope that this will save his life? I would love to see him detour from the horribly self-destructive path he's been on.
8th April 2008 04:13 PM
Joey
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Dare I hope that this will save his life? I would love to see him detour from the horribly self-destructive path he's been on.

8th April 2008 09:51 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Dare I hope that this will save his life? I would love to see him detour from the horribly self-destructive path he's been on.

Dunno about that.
Drugs aren't necessarily hard to come by in lock up.
9th April 2008 03:50 PM
Factory Girl I hope that Petey beats this rap. I hope that he takes this as a sign to straighten up. I hope...

What a waster...what a fucking waster.
10th April 2008 09:04 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I hope that Petey beats this rap. I hope that he takes this as a sign to straighten up. I hope...

What a waster...what a fucking waster.

and a two bob cunt
10th April 2008 10:56 AM
EELPIE
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Pete Doherty jailed for 14 weeks "

Who is this individual ?!

12th April 2008 02:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Pete Doherty’s Minions Rally Round To Free Their Druggie Hero

April 11th, 2008
at 11:00 by Matthew Laidlow
Hecklerspray.com

After years of waiting, the entire world sighed with relief. Everyone’s favourite drug-gobbling indie bod Pete Doherty finally got sent down.

Pete has been up locked in solitary confinement, but it’s only for 14 weeks. However, there are some benefits to this. The London police force will have 48 less Pete Doherty drug arrests to make and we won’t have to write any stories about him for a while.

Well that’s a bit of a lie. Pete Doherty hasn’t been released ridiculously early from prison. Yet. And we’re still writing stories on him. Not because we care about his prison plight, but purely because the Free Pete Doherty! Facebook group is up and running, and aiming to release the stupid twat. And stopping us from writing stories on important things. Like Lindsay Lohan’s career falling to bits.

Comprising of English Literature students, girls who own a pair of soiled Pete Doherty pants and people who haven’t discovered proper music yet, the Free Pete Doherty movement is gathering momentum. At the time of writing, the group has 202 members. This somewhat asks the question, do all these 202 people go out and buy multiple copies of his books and records?

If anything it’s the perfect chance for the other members of Babyshambles to actually acknowledge themselves to the world. For years, they’ve been shunned in to the background as every tabloid battles to get another Pete Doherty drugs exclusive story. For God’s sake, Brian May had to wait till Freddie Mercury died of the old AIDS before people gave a toss about him. Previously, he was just known as the bloke with stupid hair who bottled doing his degree.

The manifesto of the group is listed below. And yes, apparently it is genuine:

“Okay, he’s no angel. But does is a 14 week prison sentence really justified for a self-harming poet? I think not… Your views (good and bad) are welcome below. All comments will be passed on to The Crown Prosecution Service, Parlophone Records and any news websites that cover the story. Rally behind this group and show your support!”

1 – Yup, no angel is right. We prefer the term ’stupid obnoxious cunt.’

2 – No, 14 weeks is not justifiable. If anything, he deserves a little bit more time. Definitely not for all the times he’s been caught with every drug ever created.

3 – Self harming poet? We definitely believe there are no drugs available in prison and previous attempts at stopping to take drugs have only failed because they accidentally fell in to his arm.

Our favourite comment so far comes from someone called Gary who says:

“Fuck right off!! He’s a smelly gormless drug riddled prick who’s been laughing in the face of the law for yonks. I’ve got more talent in my left nut than he has in his whole body. Good luck in the showers Pete.”

You’re our kinda guy, Gary. We’ll keep a keyboard warm for you.

12th April 2008 02:53 PM
Sioux Ouch.

14 weeks in solitary? Really? Why solitary?
13th April 2008 01:23 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
Sioux wrote:
Ouch.

14 weeks in solitary? Really? Why solitary?

Amen. After 14 weeks in solitary, he'll go postal.

Lets hope he can have a laptop and some good books.

Hey Petey, Google "Rocks Off".

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)