ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE ANYMORE!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home...

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian.........part 16 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
4th April 2008 01:12 AM
Sioux Steve, could you do me a humongous favor? Could you please add the Brian Part 15 to the beginning of this thread? I do believe it's already gone to the archives, and I still have Brian pix I need to retrieve from it! Thanks SO much in advance...
4th April 2008 10:40 AM
zooeyglass I love the look on Brian's face

4th April 2008 11:33 AM
zooeyglass

4th April 2008 01:07 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Sioux wrote:
Steve, could you do me a humongous favor? Could you please add the Brian Part 15 to the beginning of this thread? I do believe it's already gone to the archives, and I still have Brian pix I need to retrieve from it! Thanks SO much in advance...

Done my darling
4th April 2008 01:42 PM
Sioux Oh Steve! You are MORE than worth your weight in gold.. Thanks so much, my dear.
4th April 2008 05:56 PM
BriansBabe Yes, STEVE is our gold treasure ...THANKS!!!!

4th April 2008 07:56 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
LoveChild wrote:
Hey!!

Nice finger!

...LOL...thank you ......
ha,ha...

4th April 2008 08:32 PM
GhostofBrianJones No one calls me Darling!

That photo of where BJ is making that face with the band
and he is behind that dark haired man, if I didn't know
any better I would swear that was Paul Sorvino??!!

LOVE TO S&K!!
4th April 2008 08:44 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:

...ohhhhhhh, our poor Bri baby was soooo tired...for heavenīs sake, could no one gave him a pillow and blanket???? I always find it very cold when flying, you can easily get a cold with these f***ing air conditioners...no wonder Brian had always problems with his asthma ...

...I lying my head now on my pillow, cuddly in my soft blanket and dream of better days and our much deeply loved Brian !!!
Love and hugs for ya all, Alex

5th April 2008 06:34 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
No one calls me Darling!

LOVE TO S&K!!

My Darling Linda

5th April 2008 07:29 AM
keithrichardsgirl Mama Bear I'm Here!:

Just came back... Still in a daze... Heres a semi- review:

Before the concert I had a tight feeling in my legs like I do before a concert... Like a fearful type of nervous anxiety. (I want to go! I cant wait! Will i like it? What if I don't like the guest songs? Or don't know a song?...)

JJF- I commented on him (KEITH) holding the guitar aloofly "Mira Him... Muy Cool." (Look at him... all cool.) My mother and i nodded, smiled, and rolled our eyes!

Shattered- The first song I was rockin out... with My Mom (reminded her of HS)

Lovin Cup- All right... Jack did a good job. Typically if it ain't someone like Bonnie Raitt, Chuck Berry (Or.... fingers crossed *seeing as the 50th anniversary of our boys is fast approaching* Bill Wyman.... I know... I know... Unlikely as hellfire... But a girl can dream!!)

Some Girls- I was really starting to wise-crack at this time:

Mick: "So give me all your money,Give me all your gold, , I'll buy you a house back in Zuma beach, And give you half of what I own."

Me: "He learned that from Jerry alright!" (I know it a late-70's song. I love the album "Some Girls".)

At the time Mick got to singing...

Mick: American girls want everything in the world. You can possibly imagine."

I saw my Stones-reluctant mother smile, and we high-fived. (The first of many... If you've ever seen Rob & Big on MTV, we were either whispering, or mouthing DO WORK as we did. LOL.)

At the line:

"Some girls give me children. I only made love to her once!!!" Mami and I both looked shocked and then got an attack of Keith's killer grin! (LOL)

Just My Imagination (rrrrreaally long song name)-

*Note: This is from someone who listens to a group that has a song in their repertoire named "Aozora Ga Itsumademo Tsuzuku You Na Mirai De Are" Which is also shortened to Aozora Ga (really long song name) sometimes*

I liked it a lot. Its always interesting hearing Motown as done by Mick. I'm so used to the Temps version, that his -whether it be '78 or '08 (JEEZ 30 YEARS...ahm... sorry if I made any one feel decrepit.... SORRY)- I find a nice change.

"Now... country... FAR AWAY EYES..."

Me: "Wait till you hear his country (c-u-n-t-r-y?) twang... Y'ull die!....." Then, as an afterthought.. "Faux-cockney (mockney) to Faux-country (mountry?)"

Notable Lines:

AND just as I suspected, my mother rolled her eyes at the line "I was driving home early Sunday morning through Bakersfield. Listening to gospel music on the colored radio station. And the preacher said, "You know you always have the Lord by your side."

"And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran. Twenty red lights in his honor
Thank you Jesus, thank you lord." *She rolled em.

I always think of Jerry at the lines.

"I had an arrangement to meet a girl, and I was kind of late....Much to my surprise, there she was sittin in the corner. A little bleary, worse for wear and tear....Was a girl with far away eyes."

"And I thought by the time I got there she'd be off.She'd be off with the nearest truck driver she could find." *She rolled 'em again. And I kicked and punched the air with delight.* I obviously find her disgust fascinating.

That reminds me:

Mickchicks I mean no offense to you or your ROCKGOD SUPERMAN MICK. I just have my preferences. (See ScreenName.):

But... Everytime Micks shirt went up as he raised his arms I pretended to cover my eyes, and those of my mother at times, made an X in front of me, or laughed it off as I saw my mother grimace. (Not a fan of Mick's happy trail apparently...) Mostly, I was just acting up... Again, I meant nothing bad by it.

Or the comment I made along the lines of. "You'd think with all his millions he could buy a shirt that fits!"
She just nodded and said something like. "I know!"

Champagne & Reefer:

We both dug it. RIGHTEOUSLY. So much so that when I told her before our next road trip (just came back from Stateline CA/NV, am going to Vegas in late June) I'd get the Soundtrack and we'd listened to it in the car.

On the way back, I asked her why she liked it. SHe said it just gelled, sounded right. And when I said "Its like what you imagine a blues song to sound like." She said "Yeah."

"Well the preacher kept right on saying that all I had to do was send. Ten dollars to the church of the sacred bleeding heart of Jesus..." *Pointed to my mother and laughed... She smiled. (She watches and reeels off on Joel Osteen all the freakin time... I think he's okay...)

Tumbling Dice:

I mentioned: "Keith said he gets a chubby during this one!" to my mom in order to get another eye-roll. (Mission Accomplished! Lol.)

Connection- Reminds me of the BAD BAD BAD seats I had in Anaheim circa Nov. 2005 in Angels Stadium.

2nd level, tried to get up and dance, but soem stuffy couple behind me told me to sit down. (Like they could see shit-all without the screen!!! I'm young let me dance!!! As I predicted, those fuddy-duddy stick in the mud, pole up the ass fools didn't move one bit. Just sat there like it was a concert at the Hollywood Bowl... Like any motion or emotion was to be frowned upon! Well EXCUUUUUUUUSE MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!) screamed my head off for Keith (Like a beatlemaniac/frankie-fan) in retaliation.

But I had good memories! I didn't think of that at the time! I just thought of my screaming and reaching for Keith. (As if he could see the crazy teen-girlie on the 2nd level acting out like it were the 60's again!)

COMPLAINT FILE: I wished it was longer... like most of the other songs!

Sympathy for the Devil:

Notable Lines:
May I say... WHOOOO WHOOOO! Cuz there was an echo on that part for damn-sure!!! Damn near the song had an echo... But that was the major song... SO much so that I could practically see the smoke covering Dodger's Stadium that one Cold November Night (11-22-06 anyone?) I could feel my lungs tighten as everything warmed up with the fire blazing through the pyros.... HAPPY THANKSGIVING INDEED! WE WE'RE ROASTIN SHIDOOBEE's THAT DAY!!! (lol.)

Live with Me- Unlike what I was told, and just as I expected... I thought EX-X-tina pulled too much MARIAH-CROBATICS. (It is officially my 3rd fave of the 3 guest songs...

1: Buddy.
2: Jack.
3: EX-X-tina.)

She can sing, we (almost) all know, but I think singers rely on that too much... (Listen to Frank Sinatra or Vicente Fernandez hold a note and get back to me... Vicente's voice is soooooooo freakin' strong that he can pull the mic down to hip level and have the same kind of amplification as he did with the mick to his mouth.... HE DOESN'T EVEN NEED THE DAMN THING! TOP THAT!..... ahem... sorry.... was raised on him... Sorry... went off course...)

BACK TO THE STONES!!!:

Start Me Up- (I see Keith got to him... seeing as this ain't the starter!)

It was -if I remember correctly- for my first and only two Stones shows. Jeez! LOL.

I punched the air again and I could just feel the anticipation and elation of having the boys live, LIVE, L-I-V-E LIVE!!! in front of me.

And I went back to seeing Keith, stalking, prowling, sauntering on stage, and I pretended to faint on my mother's shoulder (over-dramatic back-of-the-hand-to-forehead-gesture and all. Which I did againn towards the end at the sight of older 70's Keith... black jacket-green shirt open to his navel... LE SIGH!) *She rolled her eyes.*

Brown Sugar:

Another Stones sing-a-long. My (darker-skinned mother) was singing especially loud, and as I played with her hair I cooed teasingly. "MIRA! You like them... YOU REALLY LIKE THEM! (Oscar Please?)

(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction:

It was at this time I brought up a topic (er... person) I had brought up (but neglected to mention) earlier (around Sympathy)...GAFF.

Now, truth be told: My mom was a bit put off by him... But she had a reason. She'd never seen anyone (save Keith, when he's playing.) get SOOOOO into the music.

Honestly- I FREAKIN' LOVED IT! GAFF gave me courage to throw caution intot he wind, make like him, and close my eyes, and feel where the music takes me. (Advice I took, this time sitting in my seat, at the movie theatre.)

THANKS GAFF, After seeing you leaning and vibing at the same time, I will never look at a rail the same way again. (Not without thinking of you at least!) THANK YOU! AND THANK YOU FOR BEING SO NICE TO ME!!! (Especially at my first SHIDOBEE get-together.)

And at the theatre all I had to say was "Remember GAFF? While motioning to the railing and my mother semi-smiles and nods. (She sometimes refers to you as railing-man. SO do I, to jog her memory a bit.)

And I told mama as the lights flashed ont he screen during "Satisfaction" in between the NO-NO-NO's and HEY-HEY-HEY's, that at the 11-06 concert, everytime that happened I'd get a tightness in my chest, like a compressed scream, or compressed air, almost like I could barely breathe... AND I LOVED IT!

(I have a pavlov's dog reaction to that part of the song now, that brings back both the memories of GAFF *any version* and the TIGHT-TIGHT-TIGHTNESS in my chest *Whenever Its a recent, live version*)

And that is how 17 year old me saw Shine A Light!

Hope you enjoyed it and did not take any offense to anything I said!

*As per the GAFF THING:

GAFF is a friend of mine froma board called SHIDOOBEE (don;t know if he's registered here.)

Needless to say... I was singing my little Latina-ass off in the theater! I was scared first! (Didn't want to disrupt anyone... but then I though... WWGD? What would GAFF do? I saw him clearly vibing, leaning on the rail, shaing his head (and everything else he could!) and said...... SSSSSS-SCREW IT! "CONNECTION!" And it was like that for ... almost the whole show!

COMPLAINT FILE: I wanted to see more of Bill from the vaults.

PERK: Mama and I both thought that the exasperated looks, and curt answers Charlie gave were cute. (I think somethimes his "looks' remind me of Maurice Chevalier.)

As per the review:

D'ya like it Mama?

Anyone?
[Edited by keithrichardsgirl]
5th April 2008 11:09 AM
BriansBabe Thanks for the review, Bree!

5th April 2008 11:12 AM
BriansBabe Hello to everyone

5th April 2008 11:18 AM
BriansBabe And, Quique my honey, where to the heck are you?????? Hey, itīs part 16!!! Will ya finally show up here???? Hmmmmmm???

...no, serious, I hope youīre doing well my friend???!!!???
Much love, Alex
5th April 2008 12:36 PM
zooeyglass I love the boot onstage -- some girl obviously went home hopping on one leg

Thanks for the review, Bree, it was fun to read.

Alex, good thought on Sticky Fingers; I just might get there, anyway I can squeeze a little more Brian into the trip is welcome

PM for you, liebe.
5th April 2008 12:40 PM
zooeyglass
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
No one calls me Darling!

That photo of where BJ is making that face with the band
and he is behind that dark haired man, if I didn't know
any better I would swear that was Paul Sorvino??!!

LOVE TO S&K!!

It's an American promotion man -- or one of Allen Klein's Mafioso henchmen, take your pick
5th April 2008 02:08 PM
GhostofBrianJones Steve you are the light of my life, you are so sweet to me
and the other ladies on here. We love you very much.
5th April 2008 02:20 PM
GhostofBrianJones Okay I see what you mean about Klein's henchmen. I don't
know who it is but he looks like a bad dude. Thanks for the
great stage pictures, I agree some girl must be hopping on
one leg without that boot!

Great review Lady Bree, fantastic writing, and great
attention to detail. Thanks I really enjoyed it. This
is coming from your one and only Mama Bear.

Bree check out YouTube on the part where a fan is supposedly
able to ask the Stones questions. See what you think.

LOVE TO S&K!!!
5th April 2008 02:29 PM
Sioux
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

My Darling Linda

And now I am profoundly jealous.

LOL!
5th April 2008 02:30 PM
Sioux Great review, Bree! I'm going to read it a FEW times, as you have wonderful details and took a lot of time to write it!
5th April 2008 04:10 PM
GhostofBrianJones I sent some emails to some of you (who have given them to me)
some beautiful pictures of a swimming pool. Check it out.

Sioux, you are so funny!!
5th April 2008 04:48 PM
Sioux
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:

Sioux, you are so funny!!

It goes with the territory when you are perpetually 16 years old! Ha ha..
5th April 2008 10:02 PM
BriansBabe Welcome my dears, for the "boot onstage" picīs ...well, I really wouldnīt throw boots on the stage...I had a much better idea, if ya know what I mean Ladyīs ...lol...

5th April 2008 10:34 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
I sent some emails to some of you (who have given them to me)
some beautiful pictures of a swimming pool. Check it out.

THANKS Linda our DARLING ...that is an amazing:

World's Largest Swimming Pool in Chile:

...I would love to be there, now and forever with:

...Brian
my LOVE!!!

5th April 2008 10:49 PM
LoveChild Holy good God almighty, how in the bloody hell do they clean that thing. It's so big that it is almost....obscene! It's not a pool, it's an ocean.
5th April 2008 11:30 PM
BriansBabe ...yes indeed, itīs more an ocean

5th April 2008 11:47 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:
PM for you, liebe.

Thank you so much, liebe Lisa!! Will answer tomorrow ...

...wish you sweet dreams of summer, sun and our lovely Brian ...love and hugs, Alex
6th April 2008 08:25 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Sioux wrote:

And now I am profoundly jealous.

LOL!

You girl's are all my darlings

6th April 2008 10:32 AM
zooeyglass
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

6th April 2008 10:33 AM
BriansBabe
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

LOL, STEVE, that was all we wanna hear ...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)