ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE ANYMORE!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home...

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BASEBALL!!! (nsc) Return to archive
25th March 2008 06:46 AM
lotsajizz Opening Day at last! The World Champs began their title defense in the famed Tokyo Dome.....fuck winter, too long....watch out for Detroit and Boston this year, in the NL I'm going with the hated Mets
31st March 2008 11:04 PM
robpop FUck baseball. Same old Pirates blow a 5 run lead in the bottom of the ninth.
31st March 2008 11:24 PM
fireontheplatter twas a rain out opening day at yankee stadium.

total bummer
31st March 2008 11:43 PM
sweetcharmedlife The Giants are on course for a 162 loss season. Or at least close to it.
[Edited by sweetcharmedlife]
[Edited by sweetcharmedlife]
31st March 2008 11:45 PM
zooeyglass MY Sox lost -- at least it wasn't a humiliating blow out like Opening Day 2007 which set the tone for that damn awful season. But Thome hit two, always a nice present for those Cleveland bastards who boo him.

Detroit's choked two years in a row -- if not my boys [one can dream], then I say Cleveland. They're due.

1st April 2008 09:32 AM
gimmekeef Wow my Nats/Expos are on track for 162 wins!..Holy Coco Laboy!
1st April 2008 09:39 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Wow my Nats/Expos are on track for 162 wins!..Holy Coco Laboy!

watched the opener vs Atlanta - nice lookin' park! rumour has it it only took 22 months to construct.
1st April 2008 10:15 PM
robpop
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
twas a rain out opening day at yankee stadium.

total bummer

Sorry the yanks did not drown and take the Red Sox with them. Then maybe baseball would something to watch.
1st April 2008 10:31 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
robpop wrote:

Sorry the yanks did not drown and take the Red Sox with them. Then maybe baseball would something to watch.

its early days yet my friend.

drink lots of jim beam

everybody say ow

get down jimmy
1st April 2008 11:02 PM
parmeda
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:
MY Sox lost -- at least it wasn't a humiliating blow out like Opening Day 2007 which set the tone for that damn awful season. But Thome hit two, always a nice present for those Cleveland bastards who boo him.

Detroit's choked two years in a row -- if not my boys [one can dream], then I say Cleveland. They're due.

Yo, zooey... you and I will soon become 'best enemies' in the next few months to come! ...affectionately, of course

I didn't realize you were a southsider?

...Ernie Banks is a God!

Go Cubs!
2nd April 2008 01:39 AM
zooeyglass Parmeda! Hate to be enemies with a fellow Stones fan -- but I see no way around it

Third generation Sox fan -- and lifelong southsider until just last year when I relocated to California.

I got an email from my folks yesterday about the Sox losing and it ended with "CUBS LOSE CUBS LOSE CUBS LOSE"! Was like I never left
2nd April 2008 02:39 AM
sweetcharmedlife Yeah,the Giants are still on pace for 0-162...Go boys.
2nd April 2008 07:30 AM
lotsajizz the Giants will have the worst record in baseball this year

by far
2nd April 2008 09:16 AM
Lil Brian Opening day at Coors Field is FRIDAY. Go Rockies!
2nd April 2008 12:02 PM
Nellcote Red Sox Kevin Youkilis tied Steve Garvey's major league record of 193 consecutive games without an error by a first baseman on Tuesday.

Pretty good for starting off as a third baseman

http://www.bostondirtdogs.com/
2nd April 2008 12:57 PM
Starbuck how they could pay zito 126 mil or whatever the hell it was is beyond me....and it brought about johan's "departure from the flock"....now he can be seen in faggy blue....ish!
2nd April 2008 02:10 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
the Giants will have the worst record in baseball this year

by far

Still on pace for 0-162....But at least they scored last night. That's something right?
3rd April 2008 10:11 AM
gimmekeef Break up the Nats!..Zimmerman is on fire bat and glove they better get him signed long term now.
8th April 2008 09:12 PM
Nellcote Baseball began today in Bahston...

Here's Fitzy's Wicked Pissah Preview, earlier this season...

Raise the 2007 World Series Champion Bannah...

[Edited by Nellcote]
9th April 2008 12:43 AM
zooeyglass With Detroit being 0-7, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what the record is for longest losing streak to start a season? My powers of googling are failing me!
9th April 2008 05:28 AM
lotsajizz I do not know the record, but I know the '96 Bosox (coming off a division win the year prior) started out 0-10, costing Manager Kevin Kennedy his job.
9th April 2008 09:16 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Break up the Nats!..Zimmerman is on fire bat and glove they better get him signed long term now.

Figures..since I posted this they've lost 5 straight.Ownwership too cheap to get even one decent starter signed in off season.Waste of a new ballpark.
9th April 2008 11:50 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Figures..since I posted this they've lost 5 straight.Ownwership too cheap to get even one decent starter signed in off season.Waste of a new ballpark.

...looking on the bright side, keef, 3 of those 5 loses were to an opponent outside their own division.
9th April 2008 11:56 AM
Throwaway O's 6-1 baby!! Now if we can just pray for rain everytime we play the Yanks and Blosox....
13th April 2008 06:04 AM
Nellcote

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)