ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE ANYMORE!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home...

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Springsteen (NSC) Part 4....Yes More.. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9th April 2008 08:18 AM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Looks like SCL got his heart's desire and one was the opener!!! Pretty damn flawless setlist, IMHO!!

Indeed

Dudes Are Gold
9th April 2008 11:43 AM
Dan Great show, I am still a little too fried to give an in depth review (4 hours and 10 mins home but totally worth it!). The ironic thing is that even though there couldn't have been more than 10,000 in the building and the crowd seemed to have been whittled down to his core audience, we got the most hits oriented setlist I think I have seen.

Had a slightly tougher time bargain hunting, apparently because so few tickets had been sold and a bit more competition than Monday but I made it in in time. The plan was to grab my same spot facing the side PA and screen but since that area had no tickets sold at all they weren't letting people back there and I had to stay in my same section this time.
9th April 2008 06:20 PM
sweetcharmedlife Well,the Tour Of California (subdivision leg) is now in the books. What can I say except:Sometimes it really is a Sweet Charmed Life....I was half kidding with the whole Thunder Road/Jungleland thing.I was fully prepared to come back and say it was a great show even if he didn't play them. So what happens, he opens with TR and not only plays Jungleland,but does Meeting to go with it. Combine this with my requests for TOL and RITS in Oakland,which he played back to back. I'm either the luckiest bastard on the planet or Bruce is a regular Rocks Off lurker.LOL. But it's been a fun ride. Great way to close it out.If he gets anywhere west of the rockies in the future I'm going. But now at least I can finally get around to seeing Shine A Light. Not a bad consolation at all.
10th April 2008 02:44 AM
Dan
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Yep..I agree.
And it was an "electric" Tom Joad too..Can't wait to hear the boot!!

Look what I found:

http://download.yousendit.com/8E1724B64112C25F

I'd advise against posting this anywhere else though...

10th April 2008 09:41 AM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks, Dan!
10th April 2008 10:04 AM
LadyJane Catching up on all the lastest video clips.
Oh I do love Brilliant Disguise.
Thanks Meg.

LJ.
10th April 2008 10:51 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Catching up on all the lastest video clips.
Oh I do love Brilliant Disguise.
Thanks Meg.

LJ.

Yeah Brilliant Disguise was good in Anaheim. I liked the way Soozie sang it with Bruce. Much better than Yoko Scialfa....IMHO.
11th April 2008 09:21 AM
PartyDoll MEG Kind of a bummer now that it is over isn't it, SCL??

Texas shows this weekend and then to the good old Southeast. I don't know anyone who is going to the Texas shows, but I think Charlotte and MRD8 are going to the later shows...

And then there is Gazza with his 3 show Dublin weekend and little Bruce tour in June....

Guess we just enjoy Bruce via our buddies commentaries and the boots...

11th April 2008 01:14 PM
Gazza Thanks for the uploads from Anaheim, Meg & Dan

Dan - is that your own recording? Really good.

That version of Ghost of Tom Joad has been much hyped in the last few days. It was justified. It's so good, its just getting to the stage where it's unfair.

Up there with 'Because The Night' as the most electrifying song of the entire tour. Someone get this Morello guy a weekend break to Dublin in May.

11th April 2008 01:55 PM
ebmp I need a soundboard of this version of The Ghost of Tom Joad!!
11th April 2008 10:44 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Kind of a bummer now that it is over isn't it, SCL??

Texas shows this weekend and then to the good old Southeast. I don't know anyone who is going to the Texas shows, but I think Charlotte and MRD8 are going to the later shows...

And then there is Gazza with his 3 show Dublin weekend and little Bruce tour in June....

Guess we just enjoy Bruce via our buddies commentaries and the boots...

Yeah Meg. Just getting over my PSD...But I need a break anyway. Back to reality and reading about other peoples experiences. Oh yeah and working on getting boots.....Have fun everybody.

11th April 2008 11:01 PM
PartyDoll MEG You need help getting boots, SCL?

Don't tell me YOU don't do the torrents either?!!!
11th April 2008 11:26 PM
robpop I see great summer.
11th April 2008 11:27 PM
sweetcharmedlife ..............Still a bit of a rookie in that area.
11th April 2008 11:29 PM
robpop
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
..............Still a bit of a rookie in that area.

You saw some great shit..I mean A-1...I wish I was there.
11th April 2008 11:40 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
..............Still a bit of a rookie in that area.

Just sent you a PM, my friend...
12th April 2008 12:14 AM
Dan
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Thanks for the uploads from Anaheim, Meg & Dan

Dan - is that your own recording? Really good.

Yeah, I will work it on it some more when I get home Sunday though something else might turn up by then.

Posting it on a Springsteen board where people were asking for the show a few days before it happened would just be asking for trouble.
12th April 2008 08:30 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Dan wrote:

Yeah, I will work it on it some more when I get home Sunday though something else might turn up by then.

Posting it on a Springsteen board where people were asking for the show a few days before it happened would just be asking for trouble.

Well I am with Gazza, Dan. If the rest of your recording sounds like this song..
well then what can I say..
it is really really good!!
12th April 2008 08:42 AM
glencar
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Looks like SCL got his heart's desire and one was the opener!!! Pretty damn flawless setlist, IMHO!!

1. Thunder Road
2. Radio Nowhere
3. Lonesome Day
4. Gypsy Biker
5. Murder Inc.
6. Magic
7. Atlantic City
8. Candy's Room
9. Reason To Believe
10. Prove It All Night
11. Because The Night
12. She's The One
13. Livin' In The Future
14. The Promised Land
15. Brilliant Disguise
16. Ghost of Tom Joad w/Tom Morello (Rage Against The Machine)
17. Last To Die
18. Long Walk Home
19. Badlands
20. Out In The Street

21. Meeting Across The River
22. Jungleland
23. Born To Run
24. Dancing In The Dark
25. American Land

Geez, scratch the crappy Last To Die & Candy's Room & put in Adam Raised A Cain & The Rising and you'd have a perfect show.
12th April 2008 02:57 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
glencar wrote:
Geez, scratch the crappy Last To Die & Candy's Room & put in Adam Raised A Cain & The Rising and you'd have a perfect show.

Last To Die wasn't that bad and I can do without The Rising. Adam Raised a Cane would have been cool. But at least I heard that in Oakland on the first leg.
13th April 2008 08:06 PM
Dan http://jungleland.dnsalias.com/torrents-details.php?id=30265
13th April 2008 08:47 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Dan wrote:
http://jungleland.dnsalias.com/torrents-details.php?id=30265

Thanks, Dan!!

Am I right to assume this is yours?

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
13th April 2008 09:05 PM
sweetcharmedlife Back on the road again tonight in Dallas....Interesting to read the rumours on Backstreets about maybe 1 more west coast swing. Denver,Phoenix,Las Vegas,maybe another LA.....Granted, just rumours, but still.
13th April 2008 09:48 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle 10th Ave. opener in Big D tonight.

Nice.
13th April 2008 11:39 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Dan wrote:

Look what I found:
http://download.yousendit.com/8E1724B64112C25F
I'd advise against posting this anywhere else though...

Dan, that is outstanding! Thank you.
13th April 2008 11:53 PM
sweetcharmedlife 23. Glory Days w/ JON BON JOVI

Make sure Gazza gets the boot!!!!
14th April 2008 02:02 AM
glencar
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:

Last To Die wasn't that bad and I can do without The Rising. Adam Raised a Cane would have been cool. But at least I heard that in Oakland on the first leg.

Last To Die is horrid. The Rising is sublime & has deep meaning to those who lived through the tragic events.
14th April 2008 05:56 AM
PartyDoll MEG HeHeHe....(awaiting the G's commentary...)

APRIL 13: DALLAS IS A JEWEL(backstreet.com)
T is for Texas, as Jimmie Rodgers sang, and T is for "Tenth Avenue Freeze-out," which opened up tonight's show in Dallas. This was the Magic tour's first stop in Texas, and they got a strong one -- Bruce in high spirits, great energy, fast pace, the band in fine form. After "Magic," it was a string of powerhouses, from "Trapped" through "She's the One." "Prove It All Night" and "Because the Night" were in there back-to-back, and though it's disappointing to see Nils' solo dropped from "Prove It," it's probably the right call to save it up for him to wail on "Because the Night."

With Patti still absent, Bruce's tales of havoc back home are growing. This time he told the crowd that as he was leaving, "the black helicopters were hovering, the pot cookies were coming out of the oven... and all my favorite clothes were going up on eBay!" Patti'll take care of that.

For anyone who never quite felt "Girls in Their Summer Clothes" as an encore opener, tonight it moved to the main set and felt good after "The Promised Land." From there it was on to the tour premiere of "Independence Day," featuring Nils on pedal steel but remaining quite true to the recorded River arrangement -- very nice. And the five-pack was back, after Bruce broke it up in Anaheim, "Devil's Arcade" and "The Rising" reclaiming their spots. "Out in the Street" was a setlisted possibility once again, but Bruce went back to closing the main set with "Badlands."

In the encore, the always welcome pairing of "Meeting Across the River" into "Jungeland" was a reprise from the last show in California. The surprise came a couple songs later, when Bruce brought out a special guest. With Bon Jovi set to play this very venue on Monday night, Jon got quite a warm-up, taking the first verse of "Glory Days" and trading vocals with Bruce throughout the rest of the song. Springsteen called it "a double shot of Jersey," and JBJ followed up by telling the crowd, "You're in trouble!" It's not likely that other Springsteen audiences will be in similar hot water; checking out Bon Jovi's itinerary, it looks like their paths won't cross again on this tour.

After Mr. Jovi waved goodbye, a whole gaggle of "guests" were on stage for the next song. Earlier in the set, Springsteen had taken notice of a group of young girls in the pit, saying "We got a wild bunch over here!" Average age, he asked, "Ten? Eight?... Have any of you ever heard of a song called 'Born to Run'?" He was playfully chagrined at their repsonse (or lack thereof), and later decided to give them their moment with an audibled "Dancing in the Dark." The girls came up, their chaperones did too; someone else saw a window, and before you knew it it was practically a free-for-all. No less than 17 audience members were up on stage before security got wise, for a spotlight dance usually reserved for one or none. Hey, everything's bigger in Texas.

Next: One more in the Lone Star State, Monday night at the Toyota Center in Houston.
14th April 2008 06:38 AM
Dan
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Thanks, Dan!!

Am I right to assume this is yours?

Yes it is, 2nd show will be along in a few days unless someone else puts theirs up.

I spent most of the day in bed and started to feel like I was recovering but then I had to go out and do it again (not Bruce). Gotta go to work in 5 hours now.
14th April 2008 07:19 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Dan wrote:

Yes it is, 2nd show will be along in a few days unless someone else puts theirs up.

I spent most of the day in bed and started to feel like I was recovering but then I had to go out and do it again (not Bruce). Gotta go to work in 5 hours now.

That's a real trooper..tape the shows even when on your death bed!!

Bless you, Dan!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)