ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE ANYMORE!!!
Click HERE or the image to go to our new home...

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Springsteen (NSC) Part 4....Yes More.. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
6th April 2008 04:10 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
I just love how he is "mixing it up" and paying attention to his fans. How can you fault that setlist, SCL!!?!!.. FIRE would have had me all hot and bothered!! But I can see where it was a less frantic pace than your first night.

Better take a sign for Jungleland on Monday..
(Damn- the one song you want... )

Yeah it was a total turnaround from fri.which was the best Bruce show I've ever seen and maybe one of my top 5 ever. 1 left on Tues. and if he plays Jungleland or Thunder Road on Mon. but not Tues.....I don't know I might just have to go to Dallas.LOL...I didn't realize it was a 10 song difference from Fri. Defenitly makes it worth going to multiple shows.
6th April 2008 05:06 PM
PartyDoll MEG Oh OK..so they better not play Jungleland tomorrow..
and you have another day to rest up
6th April 2008 08:09 PM
Dan
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:

Yeah it was a total turnaround from fri.which was the best Bruce show I've ever seen and maybe one of my top 5 ever. 1 left on Tues. and if he plays Jungleland or Thunder Road on Mon. but not Tues.....I don't know I might just have to go to Dallas.LOL...I didn't realize it was a 10 song difference from Fri. Defenitly makes it worth going to multiple shows.

If you are going to be in Burbank you should just try to squeeze in an Anaheim trip that night. You can also get a train across the street from Burbank airport that will take you right to the Honda Center.
6th April 2008 08:19 PM
robpop A litte too much BUSA in the encore. Although, I'd take Bobby Jean, my favorite off of BUSA, for personal reasons. It just reminds me of all the friends I had when that album came out, and since then we went our seperate ways. But Glory Days...ugh. Maybe Bruce is getting ready for his stadium set. I'm sure Hungry Heart is not far away.

Anyway, I heard from a little birdie that Blinded by the Light will be appearing soon.
6th April 2008 09:21 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
robpop wrote:
But Glory Days...ugh. Maybe Bruce is getting ready for his stadium set. I'm sure Hungry Heart is not far away.

you got that right mister. i bet he has an anurism busting that one out.
6th April 2008 10:53 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
robpop wrote:
A litte too much BUSA in the encore. Although, I'd take Bobby Jean, my favorite off of BUSA, for personal reasons. It just reminds me of all the friends I had when that album came out, and since then we went our seperate ways. But Glory Days...ugh. Maybe Bruce is getting ready for his stadium set. I'm sure Hungry Heart is not far away.

Anyway, I heard from a little birdie that Blinded by the Light will be appearing soon.

Well if that's what it takes to get a song played,then I guess I better shave my head and write JUNGLELAND on it....Blinded by the Light would be cool. Spirit in the Night was great as an opener in Sacramento.
7th April 2008 07:08 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:

Well if that's what it takes to get a song played,then I guess I better shave my head and write JUNGLELAND on it....Blinded by the Light would be cool. Spirit in the Night was great as an opener in Sacramento.

I'd dare ya, but you would have to be pretty creative (or have an extremely big head)to fit the word jungleland....

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
7th April 2008 09:11 AM
sweetcharmedlife No I don't want to hear that bad.LOL.
7th April 2008 11:05 AM
Gazza By my reckoning, he's played something like 87 different songs on this tour (just over 60 shows so far), with 20 songs being premiered in this leg (18 shows) already.
7th April 2008 04:13 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
robpop wrote:
A litte too much BUSA in the encore. Although, I'd take Bobby Jean, my favorite off of BUSA, for personal reasons. It just reminds me of all the friends I had when that album came out, and since then we went our seperate ways. But Glory Days...ugh. Maybe Bruce is getting ready for his stadium set. I'm sure Hungry Heart is not far away.

Bobby Jean is a classic. I think I'd levitate if I saw him do that one.
7th April 2008 06:18 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle

So Scott Hamilton's a Bruce fan...
8th April 2008 02:42 AM
sweetcharmedlife LOL Leftie...You were right by the way,about hanging back by the soundboard. Worked out perfect for my needs....Doesn't look like I've missed too much tonite. Other than Lite Of Day as the opener. After the first two wild shows in CA,looks like this one is slightly tame. Bring on TUESDAY!!!
8th April 2008 04:35 AM
MRD8 My wife and I have tickets to see Bruce in Orlando on April 19th(won them from a radio station.) They are floor seats, is it true there are NO seats on the floor? I have an artificial right leg and couldn't stand up that long...I might need to trade them for seats!
8th April 2008 04:40 AM
Joey
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
My wife and I have tickets to see Bruce in Orlando on April 19th(won them from a radio station.) They are floor seats, is it true there are NO seats on the floor? I have an artificial right leg and couldn't stand up that long...I might need to trade them for seats!

Hello Bob .......

There are no seats on the floor --- everyone stands and yells , " Bruuuuuuuce !!!!!! "

Joey
8th April 2008 06:07 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
My wife and I have tickets to see Bruce in Orlando on April 19th(won them from a radio station.) They are floor seats, is it true there are NO seats on the floor? I have an artificial right leg and couldn't stand up that long...I might need to trade them for seats!

Yes Joey is correct, Bob.. No seats on the floor. You should be able to swap them easy on Backstreets.com. Crazy Bruce Fans are always looking for floor seats. Try to swap for seats close to the stage though!! Glad you get to see Bruce!!
8th April 2008 06:21 AM
LadyJane
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Bobby Jean is a classic. I think I'd levitate if I saw him do that one.

Couldn't agree more, my friend.
One of my absolute favs.

LJ.
8th April 2008 07:30 AM
Gazza
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
LOL Leftie...You were right by the way,about hanging back by the soundboard. Worked out perfect for my needs....Doesn't look like I've missed too much tonite. Other than Lite Of Day as the opener. After the first two wild shows in CA,looks like this one is slightly tame. Bring on TUESDAY!!!

Jesus. Tough crowd. The guy plays a 25-song set (2nd longest of the tour, perhaps?) and throws in two tour premieres (if 'Ghost of Tom Joad' is a patch on how majestic it was on the Seeger tour I'll be delighted).

Not bad for a 'night one' setlist, methinks.
8th April 2008 08:10 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Jesus. Tough crowd. The guy plays a 25-song set (2nd longest of the tour, perhaps?) and throws in two tour premieres (if 'Ghost of Tom Joad' is a patch on how majestic it was on the Seeger tour I'll be delighted).

Yep..I agree.
And it was an "electric" Tom Joad too..Can't wait to hear the boot!!

SC, is just happy they didn't play Jungleland last night. Odds are pretty good for tonight!! Have fun!!
8th April 2008 12:16 PM
Dan
quote:
MRD8 wrote:

The only thing is I get the idea the good lowers are almost never released to the general public, they are sold out the back door to friends of Bruce Incorporated, then whatever is left over is put out through TM or the box office at the last minute. You might want to contact guest services at the arena and explain your situation and maybe ask about wheelchair accessible seating (even if you don't have a wheelchair).

I hope you have that thing hollowed out a bit, that's what I would do if I had one!
8th April 2008 12:22 PM
Dan
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Yeah the show was so long I just made it to the bus stop as the last bus out of town was pulling up. 10/29 the show was 8:20-10:30-35, this time it was 8:30 til just after 11:00.

Since I spent almost nothing last night I can splurge gas, parking and maybe even a ticket but none of my friends can get just up and go at the last minute, most of them need the traditional 3-6 months notice in order to do anything.

There were about 4,000 empty seats or more, mostly behind the stage. He definitely won't be coming back to do a stadium.

The Ghost Of Tom Joad was amazing as was Trapped and Murder Incorporated (he wasn't really on my radar during the reunion tour unfortunately),
8th April 2008 03:16 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I would like to nuzzle you .
8th April 2008 04:02 PM
Dan
quote:
Joey wrote:

I would like to nuzzle you .

Did you go to Omaha?
8th April 2008 04:23 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Yep..I agree.

SC, is just happy they didn't play Jungleland last night. Odds are pretty good for tonight!! Have fun!!

BUSTED!!!....It is all about me after all.LOL...I'll take what I can get tonight. But I did hear that Racing in the Street was setlisted last night. But audibled for Working On The Highway. So maybe I'll get to hear racing again.But if he does play Jungleland and/or Thunder Road. I might just have a brucegasm.
8th April 2008 06:02 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Yep..I agree.

Tom Morello is a huge Bruce fan.
Met him at the first Asbury Park Seeger Sessions show.

He covered GOTJ with Rage Against The Machine so I'd imagine his sit in was slightly more together than Conor Oberst's...
8th April 2008 06:09 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
BUSTED!!!....It is all about me after all.LOL...I'll take what I can get tonight. But I did hear that Racing in the Street was setlisted last night. But audibled for Working On The Highway. So maybe I'll get to hear racing again.But if he does play Jungleland and/or Thunder Road. I might just have a brucegasm.

Enjoy the show, scl!

Got a feeling that 'From Small Things' just might get dusted off tonight...
8th April 2008 06:24 PM
PartyDoll MEG Indianapolis and Danny on Jungleland...

http://jungleland.dnsalias.com/torr...ls.php?id=30225

Have fun, SCL!!
8th April 2008 09:32 PM
PartyDoll MEG Ghost of Tom Joad from last nite..

This is an incomplete close up of the same song-(Morrello's part)

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
8th April 2008 09:39 PM
PartyDoll MEG Light of Day

9th April 2008 06:11 AM
PartyDoll MEG Looks like SCL got his heart's desire and one was the opener!!! Pretty damn flawless setlist, IMHO!!

1. Thunder Road
2. Radio Nowhere
3. Lonesome Day
4. Gypsy Biker
5. Murder Inc.
6. Magic
7. Atlantic City
8. Candy's Room
9. Reason To Believe
10. Prove It All Night
11. Because The Night
12. She's The One
13. Livin' In The Future
14. The Promised Land
15. Brilliant Disguise
16. Ghost of Tom Joad w/Tom Morello (Rage Against The Machine)
17. Last To Die
18. Long Walk Home
19. Badlands
20. Out In The Street

21. Meeting Across The River
22. Jungleland
23. Born To Run
24. Dancing In The Dark
25. American Land
9th April 2008 06:22 AM
PartyDoll MEG Already videos up from last night, SCL...

This is one of LJ's favs...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)