ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fer
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: �I would let my daughter marry a Rolling Stone� Return to archive
04-08-03 11:39 AM
CS �I would let my daughter marry a Rolling Stone�

Lalitha Suhasini
Mumbai, April 7: He shot jaggers. If you know what I mean. And then the wave hit. What does one small wave to the high priest of rock n� roll mean you ask? But when Mick Jagger waves back at you, you�re ready for atonement at the altar of The Rolling Stones.

The Forty Licks tour will go into the memoirs of any Stones fan. Mine was different. No Bridget Jones diary this � well she didn�t have the pleasure of changing into a Stones T-shirt in the band�s official John, did she? Neither did she blow a kiss to Keith Richards, while he preened at the cameras and poured liquid fire onto his fretboard.

So what if the concert didn�t start on time? So what if fuddy-duddies would rather �experience� the concert sitting down as if it were a jazz yatra, than let their lungs explode? All you can hear is the boom that takes over your being when Charlie Watts wallops those Gretsch drums.

Brown Sugar � that�s how the addiction started and then we were Stoned beyond return. The band didn�t have to ask the crowd to Start Me Up. As Richards, the most flamboyant Rolling Stone threw plectrums the crowd cried Don�t Stop along with Jagger. ��Dhanyawaad,�� said Jagger to howling Mumbaiites. Kasa kai was another phrase that had us hooting. Until Jagger sent the stuffed shirts a stinker: ��Hey, you in those expensive seats, I�ll have some champagne sent down.�� And later he went on to empty two bottles of Evian at the frontliners.

But nothing could surpass those gyrations. Mr Jagger can lend Bollywood naach gaana a step or two. Monkey Man had the lead singer doing those slinky moves in his black pants. Nothing less than Body Worship NYC, Gucci or Louis Vuitton for the Stones we are told. A tip or two for the rockstar wardrobe too. While Jagger took to royal purple, his childhood friend and guitarist Keith will settle for nothing less than mint green. Of course guitarist Ronnie Wood and sombre drummer Watts would rather quietly light up the stage in fiery red. There was something else lighting up the stage when you weren�t consumed by the Jagger�s energy. An animation figure of a topless nymph riding a huge, red lolling tongue.

But what ripped me apart was the ballad. Richards took centrestage and crooned Slippin� away. The setting was perfect � a crescent moon, few scattered stars and this is when I decided � I would let my daughter marry a Rolling Stone.

��Save me a joint round here. It�s a small apartment. I�ll give you the address,�� begged Richards. Happy, Midnight Gambler, I Got The Blues (after which Jagger wanted to take his ��sweaty pants�� off), Honky Tonk Woman, Satisfaction, Jumpin� Jackflash.

How much more do you want? ��I�ve seen them 100 times, this is the best,�� said a European fan whose claim to fame was that she shared the pool with Richards
04-09-03 01:23 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat I would let my mother marry a rolling stone...LOL
04-09-03 05:05 AM
F505 You mean your grandmother
04-09-03 01:45 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
F505 wrote:
You mean your grandmother

No I mean my mother
04-10-03 01:27 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Or even my sister